Home

Post patch sliders and shooting %

This is a discussion on Post patch sliders and shooting % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Red face Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

To me we have those problems:

1-Too many contested shots going in (i'm refering to hard contests) mostly on the CPU side (especially from mid range)
2-Open shot rate for CPU is really high (i don't play on real % but on SS or HOF the user is not perfect on shots because of the meter, the CPU rarely misses)
3-Hooks, fadeaways and stepback 3pts are a huge problem: hooks are automatic (especially for the user, it's too easy to get a green), fadeaways never seems to be detected as contested, stepback 3pts go in at high rate (there is no enough gap between Steph Kyre and the rest)

I've got a question: do the CPU need that 10 point bonus on defense (every category)? What about the possibility of give those 10 defenaive points to the user too? Which effect we would see?

Anyway i'm surprised of the big impact that a few changes had on overall gameplay. Even though as i wrote posts ago the logic tells it's more than possibile:a faster pass trabsform a contested shot into an open one

Thanks Mike for your help!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

Mike,

I think others will confirm that although Scott is working hard on ACE and improving help D, it is still very much an issue. One specific problem others brought up is the CPU double teaming guys on the perimeter with zero help/rotating once the open man is found. Beyond that, pick and roll D is still really weak from the cpu. I had 18 points with Mozgov in the first 5 mins playing against CLE on HOF, just running straight pick and rolls every time.The CPU Big playing D just loses positioning constantly and the roller gets past for an uncontested entry pass and dunk. As others have said, running a 4 out 1 in offense really confuses the CPU D and they just have no answer for it.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 6

I hate touching sliders. I'm just praying beluba can come through for us.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:36 PM   #60
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
To me we have those problems:

1-Too many contested shots going in (i'm refering to hard contests) mostly on the CPU side (especially from mid range)
2-Open shot rate for CPU is really high (i don't play on real % but on SS or HOF the user is not perfect on shots because of the meter, the CPU rarely misses)
3-Hooks, fadeaways and stepback 3pts are a huge problem: hooks are automatic (especially for the user, it's too easy to get a green), fadeaways never seems to be detected as contested, stepback 3pts go in at high rate (there is no enough gap between Steph Kyre and the rest)

I've got a question: do the CPU need that 10 point bonus on defense (every category)? What about the possibility of give those 10 defenaive points to the user too? Which effect we would see?

Anyway i'm surprised of the big impact that a few changes had on overall gameplay. Even though as i wrote posts ago the logic tells it's more than possibile:a faster pass trabsform a contested shot into an open one

Thanks Mike for your help!
What level are you playing on? To me it sounds like the ratings values reset from what they meant pre and post patch

45 pre patch for 3pt doesn't mean 45 post patch. Sound like Mike will have to retune all the percentages again .
Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
What level are you playing on? To me it sounds like the ratings values reset from what they meant pre and post patch

45 pre patch for 3pt doesn't mean 45 post patch. Sound like Mike will have to retune all the percentages again .
Hall of fame, i agree they reset. I hope it's something on the 2k side of sliders. It would be absurd to go even lower (30-35...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #62
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
Hall of fame, i agree they reset. I hope it's something on the 2k side of sliders. It would be absurd to go even lower (30-35...)
OK do something bring down the consistency slider to 50 for the CPU which it is for the SS. and see if the CPU is a little more realistic. From what I was able to detect is the consistency slider was like a ratings boost for the CPU. It was real noticeable for the average and below average shooters when you play multiple games and they can hit shots.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Beluba, once again, class act for coming in so fast.

From what most of us are seeing, shot percentages are through the roof again, and scores are incredibly high. Lots and lots of contested shots seem to be falling again, and certainly not enough misses across the board.

AI seems to have its way in the paint when it gets the ball inside, playing defense is extremely difficult in the paint, so that's leading to a high shot % as well.

The AI seems to always have an open shot, that seems to be due to the increased pass speed (which is a welcome addition, BTW) but your AI teammates often seem unaware on defense, leaving guys wide open for easy buckets. I'm not sure if this is an ACE thing, or an AI thing.

I'm sure others can point out other things, but this seems to be what I'm seeing. With your past slider edit, you made the game play great with the reduced fg%, I know a lot of us were in heaven. Thanks for working with us so quickly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #64
Rookie

I've thought for years that the only way to really balance the game is to make default sliders defensive oriented. It's the only way to make sim players happy.

At the moment default offense sn 10 times stronger than default defense (speaking in general, CPU vs CPU games tell that)

Last edited by sirio994; 09-27-2016 at 10:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »