Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoldsmith2
https://youtu.be/0gWxHFMog9w?t=1

rename this "guys I play park/pro am with" lol
seriously though reasons I don't play park/pro am much is I'm sick of hearing the words trash, bro, racial slurs, garbage, blaming 2k for everything and lame excuses lol..i seriously played a 2 on 2 game with some kid who kept telling me "go to the corner, I don't need no screens" and we lost 21-0 with me never touching the ball once and him not playing D after getting scored on twice. then he called me trash, ran to the side of the court every possession while I played 2 on 1 lol
Old 02-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #210
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoldsmith2
seriously though reasons I don't play park/pro am much is I'm sick of hearing the words trash, bro, racial slurs, garbage, blaming 2k for everything and lame excuses lol..i seriously played a 2 on 2 game with some kid who kept telling me "go to the corner, I don't need no screens" and we lost 21-0 with me never touching the ball once and him not playing D after getting scored on twice. then he called me trash, ran to the side of the court every possession while I played 2 on 1

First rule of Park - don't listen to noobs
Old 02-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
First rule of Park - don't listen to noobs
lol so true

anymore I play now and again, I just mute everyone as soon as they start running their mouth haha...It is just a videogame, and l play to have fun, not play like my life depends on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #212
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

If I'm leading the game with 6 assists at the half, why am i being fazed out of the offense in the3rd? I literally had one shot in the first half.

Some people want to lose i swear.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #213
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Says a lot that I'd rather play career than play with y'all.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 PM   #214
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If I'm leading the game with 6 assists at the half, why am i being fazed out of the offense in the3rd? I literally had one shot in the first half.

Some people want to lose i swear.
this sounds like my experience. I'll have 6+ assists, 1 shot attempt being a fast break dunk, but the game gets tight & I won't get to touch the ball. Even when the most successful offense has been shots that I created for my teammates, which is my first priority. Scoring really isn't enough for people. They don't just want to score, they want to score in ISO, off the dribble. An open catch & shoot, or layup off a cut isn't enough. Drives me insane.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:56 AM   #215
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Had the rare experience of playing with a team of decent randoms yesterday. Came in running point, duo with my boy who got booted (internet). The other two guys on the team played decently, and saw that I was getting them the ball and making the proper decisions. They kept letting me run the offense and we won by like 30.

We left out to squad up and pick up my boy, and went on a little streak.

Rare thing. Just thought i'd share. Let you all know that there's hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 04:17 AM   #216
Banned

New year, nothing's changed.

It really isn't just the lack of IQ, it's the pure arrogance combined with ignorance and attitude of these people. You give them tips and they interpret it as an "attack" and they get butthurt. If it was just "iq" (which is terrible), I can understand. But is there any other community where the MAJORITY = trash?? Is it wrong to expect, idk, 1 game out of 10 where you're not SMH the whole game?

Rule #1 - "Don't play with randoms"

I know I know, but sometimes it's unavoidable if you want to get in a game fast, want to find players to recruit, badge grind, or depending on time of day. Also if you're competitive at all, playing the computer is a snooze fest. But the amount of super annoying, mind-boggling, headache-inducing, "WTF" moments I've had with this game all come down to one thing -- RANDOMS! Whether it's buddy baller squads, terrible IQ players, the guy that plays with a funky camera angle, the ballhog, the people who message "trash" (while shooting 3 for 15), etc etc, the game is a pain in the A to play if it's with randoms. When I'm on a squad, I don't even have to say anything. It's pure fun. I guess I have to be more strict with that. A strict "no-randoms" policy. Which is pretty pathetic reality of the 2k community type of players/randoms. Not sure if any other game is like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »