Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #305
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lol... 2k be out of their minds with this matchmaking sometimes. Step into the rec lobby. Players records left to right:

0-9
0-1
Me: 152-130
FIRST GAME (60 OVR)
0-11

Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No way. Closed app instantly. Ain't getting me like that.

Poor guys, tho. 2k can't throw them a bone and make an algorithm that lets the doo doo browns run with a good squad. Or at least guarantee they're playing a squad of turds looking for their first win.

If say I knew that the overall record of my team was GUARANTEED to give me a team of equal or similar competition I could stand to be the best player on the court. Then in fact helping them up their game and competition level. But if I'm about to walk into a team of 97s with 1000+ records, I have no chance. I didn't have a chance against a terrible team with those guys but i might have played to see if I could carry them.
Sadly, I'm doing the same. If they have overalls below 85 I'm out. Don't like that it's come to that, but I hate going into a game with a dude that's 64ovr and grinding.

Someone suggested putting access to the JRC, behind a certain overall and, unless they fix matchmaking, I'm kinda okay with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #306
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Sadly, I'm doing the same. If they have overalls below 85 I'm out. Don't like that it's come to that, but I hate going into a game with a dude that's 64ovr and grinding.

Someone suggested putting access to the JRC, behind a certain overall and, unless they fix matchmaking, I'm kinda okay with it.

Matchmaking should’ve been a thing years ago. I should be able to jump in any type of game i want. If i wanna run guards only i should be able to even if only a couple other ppl in the world have their setttings set to guards only. If i wanna run with 93 and above i should be able to

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #307
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Matchmaking should’ve been a thing years ago. I should be able to jump in any type of game i want. If i wanna run guards only i should be able to even if only a couple other ppl in the world have their setttings set to guards only. If i wanna run with 93 and above i should be able to

Search Filters would be nice, but remember if you're a 65ovr, find 'good' teammates might not get you a game; unless you fit into their filters.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:15 AM   #308
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

the no sharp mode gonna be lit
Old 03-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #309
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Search Filters would be nice, but remember if you're a 65ovr, find 'good' teammates might not get you a game; unless you fit into their filters.
Imma be honest there should be a certain overall players have to be to enter Jordan Rec. I think 75 overall is a good threshold. We Had a 60 overall sharp slasher PF on our team last night that got TORCHED for 40. I'm surprised we were able to get the W. Dude had no mic and just ran around the court clueless.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #310
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Imma be honest there should be a certain overall players have to be to enter Jordan Rec. I think 75 overall is a good threshold. We Had a 60 overall sharp slasher PF on our team last night that got TORCHED for 40. I'm surprised we were able to get the W. Dude had no mic and just ran around the court clueless.
Double edged sword, 'cause that means longer wait times (maybe). I think there should be a record threshold. So many times you get stuck with guys with 30% winning % and gotta dashboard. With that low, it's usually the player himself that's the problem, not his 'I play with randoms' excuse.

Check this out -- I'd say the last 50 games I've played with randoms in JRC I've won over 90%, as opposed to probably 50% from not backing out. The only reason is now I take Foreverrr to filter teammates. If they have bad records I back out. So moral of the story, record has a direct correlation to the level of how patient someone is.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #311
MVP

ph33's Arena

Dear Randoms...

Is it just me, or are the guys who get on the mic to tell people to pass the ball, always the worst team players?

They get mad when someone misses them on a pass or whatever, and then you look up and see 7-20 shooting and you know all they've done is be a black hole that makes terrible decisions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 11:02 PM   #312
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Is it just me, or are the guys who get on the mic to tell people to pass the ball, always the worst team players?

They get mad when someone misses them on a pass or whatever, and then you look up and see 7-20 shooting and you know all they've done is be a black hole that makes terrible decisions
Preach!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »