Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 01:22 AM   #297
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I'm just baffled by some people.

I see something like a 10-55 record and these people often show why their record is terrible within the first two minutes. Take two terrible shots in a row and don't play any defense...yet stick around the whole game.

Why do these people keep coming back?

Because this community teaches them the game is to blame.

“Come on 2k that was a good releaaaaaase”
“Fix your game 2kaaaaayyyy”

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #298
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos

I usually keep my sound off so I don't have to hear randoms bull****, but once in a while, I'll turn it on if I want to be entertained just to see how absurd and stupid people are...

If you walk into a game with complete strangers, it should be understood that the first few minutes is everyone feeling each other out. As long as you play defense, share the ball, don't do anything stupid, a slow start can be overcome with smart people. But a lot of people completely meltdown within the first minute and then just tank.

And then you got the guy who's 4/15 with 6 turnovers in the first half, who will get on the mic to scream at you because you missed one open shot, telling you you're trash and to never shoot again.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #299
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I'll honestly say this one over mic, just so people don't blame me for my shots missing. Like, all I can do is select my shots carefully, I can't do anything if I get full bars and they just don't fall, that's just the breaks. So yelling at me for going 4-10 or something when I took all open shots isn't a good look. (Not that it happens that often, just using an example.)
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #300
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I usually keep my sound off so I don't have to hear randoms bull****, but once in a while, I'll turn it on if I want to be entertained just to see how absurd and stupid people are...

If you walk into a game with complete strangers, it should be understood that the first few minutes is everyone feeling each other out. As long as you play defense, share the ball, don't do anything stupid, a slow start can be overcome with smart people. But a lot of people completely meltdown within the first minute and then just tank.

And then you got the guy who's 4/15 with 6 turnovers in the first half, who will get on the mic to scream at you because you missed one open shot, telling you you're trash and to never shoot again.
Basically what I do. Be a good teammate while figuring out what kind of team I'm running with.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #301
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I'll honestly say this one over mic, just so people don't blame me for my shots missing. Like, all I can do is select my shots carefully, I can't do anything if I get full bars and they just don't fall, that's just the breaks. So yelling at me for going 4-10 or something when I took all open shots isn't a good look. (Not that it happens that often, just using an example.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Basically what I do. Be a good teammate while figuring out what kind of team I'm running with.
Speaking of being a good teammate, nobody should ever berate you for missing an open shot. That's what bothers me a lot about stupid randoms, you should be encouraging your teammate that the next one will fall, not destroy their confidence when they're probably already frustrated with themselves.

And some people bitch and moan about every little thing, sometimes the game screws you or controls aren't responsive, but people fail to understand context a lot.

Like god damn! I just got into a game. first possession of the game....point guard drives in, dishes to two way athletic center for an open baseline middie, and he misses. Point guard gets on the mic "CENTER U GOT TO MAKE THAT!! DO U HAVE A MIDRANGE"

I mean, seriously???

Last edited by ph33; 02-28-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 07:13 PM   #302
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Lol... 2k be out of their minds with this matchmaking sometimes. Step into the rec lobby. Players records left to right:

0-9
0-1
Me: 152-130
FIRST GAME (60 OVR)
0-11

Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No way. Closed app instantly. Ain't getting me like that.

Poor guys, tho. 2k can't throw them a bone and make an algorithm that lets the doo doo browns run with a good squad. Or at least guarantee they're playing a squad of turds looking for their first win.

If say I knew that the overall record of my team was GUARANTEED to give me a team of equal or similar competition I could stand to be the best player on the court. Then in fact helping them up their game and competition level. But if I'm about to walk into a team of 97s with 1000+ records, I have no chance. I didn't have a chance against a terrible team with those guys but i might have played to see if I could carry them.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #303
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

I'll tell you the worst thing about this is the people that come in 2s and try to do everything themselves, like you really think you can win playng 2v5??

Sent from my HTC U11 using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 03-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #304
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

And the obnoxiousness that they think they 2k gods and everyone else are straight peasants

Sent from my HTC U11 using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »