Home

Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time

This is a discussion on Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #41
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time

That's just my personal take on it though....everyone views game mechanics differently...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #42
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Again this is wrong!

You draw fouls from rushing defenders. It's easy. I'll post the video in the morning SMH. You can draw fouls from posters. I do it all the time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The animation simply doesn't play enough Jeebs, you're literally the only person who speaks to being able to make it happen consistently. I've only seen it twice in over 250 online games. The animation doesn't exist if it only plays when a tree falls in the forest and you and your cousin are there (c'mon--you know that was funny lol)

I've always thought make it intuitive...drawing fouls happens alot in the NBA. If the shooter points the shot-stick at the airborne defender let them draw fouls. It can't be this thing only elite guys at OS know how to do, feel me?

*I still stand by belief that many late and bad timing on shot-blocks should just take the defender out of the play. It can't be an automatic foul--still it has to have negative outcomes*
Old 01-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #43
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
That's just my personal take on it though....everyone views game mechanics differently...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I think the game mechanics that reward late jumpers are bad for the game. I'm good in the post but it shrinks the skill gap unreasonably if pogo-sticking causes misses/turnovers and isn't a bad thing to do on defense.

And in the end loopholes like that only end up benefitting savvy players who'll create gameplans around them and use them when necessary. I spammed steal here because I knew the game wouldn't call a foul and passes thrown out of the double (even a natural one like I created) are super turnover prone.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-10-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #44
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
The animation simply doesn't play enough Jeebs, you're literally the only person who speaks to being able to make it happen consistently. I've only seen it twice in over 250 online games. The animation doesn't exist if it only plays when a tree falls in the forest and you and your cousin are there (c'mon--you know that was funny lol)

I've always thought make it intuitive...drawing fouls happens alot in the NBA. If the shooter points the shot-stick at the airborne defender let them draw fouls. It can't be this thing only elite guys at OS know how to do, feel me?

*I still stand by belief that many late and bad timing on shot-blocks should just take the defender out of the play. It can't be an automatic foul--still it has to have negative outcomes*
It does the play out if the user triggers it. The defender needs to be aggerivse contesting

It's not that hard to do. Like I said in the other post. I have this done at least once or twice a game. I just couldn't collect them all into a video.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #45
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Your assertion is almost 100% anecdotal.....you're ignoring all the posters who say they can't do it or don't see it.

Do you really think he'd have started a post saying jumping was an issue if drawing fouls was easy? C'mon now.

I posted when it happened to me months ago and people acted like they'd seen the holy grail....All i'm saying is its not a legitimate aspect of gameplay when only one person is saying "I do it all the time"

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:05 AM   #46
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Your assertion is almost 100% anecdotal.....your ignoring all the posters who say they can't do it or don't see it.

Do you really think he'd have started a post saying jumping was an issue if drawing fouls was easy? C'mon now.

I posted when it happened to me months ago and people acted like they'd seen the holy grail....its not a legitimate aspect of gameplay when one person is saying "I do it all the time"
I totally agree with you......I'm not putting anyone down. But I guess I've done it a number of times. At least every other game.

I have no clue if this info is worth it to anyone. But I've done it with Grant Hill. James Harden, CP3, Ray Allen (Bucks), Tracy McGrady and others. All with Draw fouls higher than 85.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #47
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OAN: Got this from today because we all know pogo-sticking is the defense of choice.

Keep in mind if his timing was good he gets a block. But his timing is horrible (more than once) aaaaaaannnnd....nothing. The invisible force field conveniently prevents him from making contact.

He's actually rewarded with a miss even though my release was "Good".

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-10-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #48
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I totally agree with you......I'm not putting anyone down. But I guess I've done it a number of times. At least every other game.

I have no clue if this info is worth it to anyone. But I've done it with Grant Hill. James Harden, CP3, Ray Allen (Bucks), Tracy McGrady and others. All with Draw fouls higher than 85.
No I know you're not....and I think time has shown you tune games for the elite user (you)...not the AVERAGE one (them). I'm just saying we can't disregard their experiences...i've tried to compile data on the casual experience for years to help 2K's tuning process. Its how we avoid everyone shooting 80% and doing chase-down blocks with JJ Redick.

And that draw foul info is super valuable...might be the key to understanding the mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »