Home

The Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
Yeah I agree Granger is limited in what he can do offensively as he gets most of his points from working off the ball, running off picks, and then hitting an open jumper. And your right his defense is suspect, so in my mind he's not really a build around type player. He's most effective in helping a team like the bulls, who could use a shooter such as him as they have all the other required pieces in place.

And it's not like the Pacers are getting ripped off in this trade either as they are getting deng, who like you mentioned can knock down a mid range shot, and is really a solid defender. Taj Gibson is an athletic big who can shoot a little and if developed could potentially be a starter and a key piece for the Pacers in the future. Johnson is athletic, can defend, so again your getting a serviceable player in return. The two first round picks although probably late in the first round again are pretty good assets the Pacers could package to move up in the first round and possibly get a star player for the future who can carry a team offensively. I know Larry Bird is high on Granger, but given a different gm for the Pacers, I could see them going in this direction.
So basically that is a fair trade?

I mean the Pacers have Paul George at SF as well so they already have a replacment for Granger.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 7

I already completed this trade but could you please tell me if I did the right thing.

I did this trade before the first pick of the draft.
KINGS(ME) Trade:
1st round pick(4th overall) - Ended up being a 72 rated player
Carl Landry - 75 Rating Age 28-29?
1st round pick(CAVS, 18th overall) - Ended up being a 61 rated player
2nd round pick(32nd overall)

WIZARDS TRADE:
1st round pick(1st overall) - Ended up being a 83 rated player
Andray Blatche - 77 Rating Age 27?
2nd round pick(31st overall)

After this trade I had signed Melo, the 1st pick was also a SF. So I decided to see what I could get for the pick. I traded him and a next year 2nd round pick for Amare.

At the start of the season I had traded a 12' 1st round pick and Evans for John Wall. I also signed JR Smith. My teams offense was considered 20th, the first season. This following season we have the top offense in the league, but our defense lacks, at the 14th of the NBA
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 4

In my Mavs associaton I saw in the headlines NO was looking for offers for Thorton. So I ended up getting him, here is how it went down.

Mavs Get:
Marcus Thorton
Peja Stojakovic

Hornets Get:
Brandon Hawood
Shawn Marion

I did the deal to get rid of Hawood and Marion's Contracts.
What do you guys think?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #140
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesteva_22
In my Mavs associaton I saw in the headlines NO was looking for offers for Thorton. So I ended up getting him, here is how it went down.

Mavs Get:
Marcus Thorton
Peja Stojakovic

Hornets Get:
Brandon Hawood
Shawn Marion

I did the deal to get rid of Hawood and Marion's Contracts.
What do you guys think?
Hmmm I'm not too sure the Hornets would want to take on two more bad contracts, but they might just to try and show Chris Paul they're willing to spend a lot of money to build around him and willing to wheel and deal. All around good trade, very even and realistic in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAttacKeR
I already completed this trade but could you please tell me if I did the right thing.

I did this trade before the first pick of the draft.
KINGS(ME) Trade:
1st round pick(4th overall) - Ended up being a 72 rated player
Carl Landry - 75 Rating Age 28-29?
1st round pick(CAVS, 18th overall) - Ended up being a 61 rated player
2nd round pick(32nd overall)

WIZARDS TRADE:
1st round pick(1st overall) - Ended up being a 83 rated player
Andray Blatche - 77 Rating Age 27?
2nd round pick(31st overall)

After this trade I had signed Melo, the 1st pick was also a SF. So I decided to see what I could get for the pick. I traded him and a next year 2nd round pick for Amare.

At the start of the season I had traded a 12' 1st round pick and Evans for John Wall. I also signed JR Smith. My teams offense was considered 20th, the first season. This following season we have the top offense in the league, but our defense lacks, at the 14th of the NBA
Fair trade there. All of that for the first pick then the first pick goes for Amar'e. In real life if there is a really good first pick (i.e. John Wall, Derrick Rose, etc.) that player could definitely go for Amar'e, maybe even Amar'e plus some. So, solid trade and nice makeover of the Kings bud. John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, and Amar'e Stoudemire is a scary trio of players. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
So basically that is a fair trade?

I mean the Pacers have Paul George at SF as well so they already have a replacment for Granger.

Thinking it over, yes, I suppose it could be considered a fair trade. Only problem I have now is that Deng has a bad contracts, but hey they pay Granger about the same so it's not like their taking on extra money so fair trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The Bulls just offered me a trade and I maneuvered around and this is what they'll accept at the most. Should I take this?

Pistons Trade Away
Ben Gordon
Tony Allen
'11 1st Round Pick(Grizzlies)

Bulls Trade Away
Luol Deng
Ronnie Brewer
'11 1st Round Pick(Bulls)
'11 2nd Round Pick(Bulls)
Deng and Gordon both have bad contract and are about even talent so fair there, Tony Allen for Brewer is about even as well, but maybe try doing this without picks, as Grizzlies 1st rounders are much more valuable than Bulls 1st rounders. Lemme know how it goes.

Now onto my trades, lol. I started a Warriors franchise, and I made 3 trades to really turn them into a defensive minded team, which ties into new head coach Keith Smart's style of ball. Let me know what you guys think.

Warriors Get:

Gerald Wallace
'11 Bobcats 1st rounder

Bobcats Get:

Monta Ellis
'12 Warriors 1st rounder

Bobcats want an explosive point guard and that's what they get in Monta Ellis, they also gain value by switching their pick with the Warriors. Next one.

Warriors Get:

Tyson Chandler
J.J. Barea

Mavericks Get:

Andris Biedrins
Charlie Bell

Pretty even trade, maybe a little favored my way but Biedrins is rated better in this game, so pretty even but I realize it's a bit of a steal. Last one.

Warriors Get:

Tony Allen

Grizzlies Get:

Brandan Wright

They get a good young power forward in exchange for a wing player, which they have a bit of an excess of with Mayo, Gay, Young, and other people I forget the name of, lol. Anyways, lineup looks like this now.

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Tony Allen
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: David Lee
C: Tyson Chandler

Here's the bench.

PG: J.J. Barea
SF: Dorrel Wright
SF: Reggie Williams
SF: Rodney Carney
PF: Ekpe Udoh
PF: Louis Amundson
PF: Vladimir Radmonavic
C: Dan Gadzuric

As you can see, very defensive minded team now aside from Radmonavic, Lee, and Williams. I won the first game against the Rockets 103-80 on Pro/Sim, so it's looking pretty good right now. Lemme know what you guys think, thanks.

Last edited by Freak123; 10-13-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im rebuilding the cavs it's actually really fun were 10-6 on HOF sim sliders what do you guys think of these moves I"ve made to rebuild them?
Starting Line up is

PG- Goran Dragic - solid pg can shoot really well and young
SG- Rudy Gay - star
SF-Chase Budinger- crazy athletic can dunk on anyone
PF- JJ Hickson - solid rebounder
C- Anderson Varejao- great rebounderr

6th Man Luke Babbit - young very athletic great shooter
7th Haseem Thabeet- Excellent for defense gets alot of blocks

Traded Mo Williams and (Iverson from FA) for Rudy Gay
Traded Antoine Jamison for Chase Budinger
Traded Daniel Gibson and Anthony Parker for Luke Babbitt
Traded Jamorio Moon for Goran Dragic
Traded Leon Powe for Haseem Thabeet

I'm 9 Million Under cap right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #142
Banned

OVR: 2

i want john wall but washington is asking for a lot i wanted to know am i getting ripped off

detroit gets
john wall
a unknown player
2nd rd 2011

washington gets
rodney stuckey
greg monroe
t-mac
2first rds
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #143
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby5
i want john wall but washington is asking for a lot i wanted to know am i getting ripped off

detroit gets
john wall
a unknown player
2nd rd 2011

washington gets
rodney stuckey
greg monroe
t-mac
2first rds
Sorry man, but no way, no how the Wiz give up Wall for that unless they could be sure it was a top 3 pick both years, Wall is the future of that team and Gill already said he want's out.

So from a standpoint of realisam never going to happen, if not a realistic standpoint then maybe yeah.

Swap out T-Mac and add Daye and yeah sounds good.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #144
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby5

detroit gets
john wall
a unknown player
2nd rd 2011

washington gets
rodney stuckey
greg monroe
t-mac
2first rds
Not realistic at all really. John Wall is and will be an untouchable player for a long, long time. If you want to do it anyways, I would. As long as you don't give up a superstar yourself in the process, any trade where you get John Wall is a good one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »