Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #385
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Yup, same errors... in the box score in Calendar, Tyler Hansbrough is showing up as Tyler Honeycutt. Also displaying Brandon Knight as Aaron Dixon... which is weird, because Dixon also gets Knight's draft position, whereas the actual Brandon Knight appears as an undrafted (along with other big rookies, including the #1.)

If I then go into Hansbrough's player card, and look at his previous games played, it shows Honeycutt's games AND Hansbrough's games... very weird stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #386
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey man is this roster good for My Player Mode? and yes I also get that bug. Kyrie Irving is shown as Doug Martin in my association mode.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, i have also had that bug ,where there are wrong names and i also wanted to ask if you ahve edited some of the top free agents in that game too, like J.R.Smith,Wilson Chandler and Kenyon Martin?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #388
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Hey man is this roster good for My Player Mode? and yes I also get that bug. Kyrie Irving is shown as Doug Martin in my association mode.
It doesn't affect their stats or anything, just ridiculous when you go to look at a boxscore and it says 3 names that aren't even on your team or in the league yet...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #389
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Yeah, i have also had that bug ,where there are wrong names and i also wanted to ask if you ahve edited some of the top free agents in that game too, like J.R.Smith,Wilson Chandler and Kenyon Martin?
All players have been edited.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #390
MVP

I'll look into fixing the roster file so it's not corrupted anymore. I wish I knew what was causing it. It shouldn't be difficult and should be posted in the next day or two. Sorry about the bug.

EDIT: I know what's going on, but I don't know why. In the original roster file, the 2nd round rookies are on the disk, but in the space where the 1st round rookies should be, there are a bunch of random guys who have the draft/bio information of the 1st round rookies. For some reason, when the game tries to access the information of the rookies in the box score, it is drawing from the information bank of the fictitious players which is why you're seeing different players' names in the box score.

Good news: I'm almost certain I know how to fix it.
Bad news: It's going to take some time because this is the process I have to go through:

Step 1 - Copy and paste all player information, one field at a time (IE BIO, Stats, Tendencies, Status). I tried to copy and paste all information at once before and it wouldn't work.

Step 2 - Go back and re-assign players to new teams. This is going to be the 3rd time I've had to do this. This sucks.

Step 3 - Assign proper minutes to all players. This is the 3rd time I've had to do this. This sucks, also.

Step 4 - Re-do all Coaching Sliders. This is the 3rd time I've had to do this. This sucks as bad as steps 2 and 3.

Have I mentioned that steps 2-4 suck yet? If I haven't, let the record show that steps 2-4 suck. If anybody wants to help when I get step one done, please let me know and I'll send you the file before it's uploaded. This would cut down on the time it takes to get the roster file released substantially.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-31-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #391
MVP

I think this is it. I checked several box scores and all had the correct names. Please check it out yourselves, and again, if there are any errors, please let me know. Once I know this file is good, I'll post it in the first post as the official roster.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxj...NkYjIwYTgwZDRj

NOTE: Tyler Hansbrough comes up as Tyler Honeycutt in box scores. This is the only error I've found and I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I'll keep trying, but for now, this is the roster.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-31-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #392
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I think this is it. I checked several box scores and all had the correct names. Please check it out yourselves, and again, if there are any errors, please let me know. Once I know this file is good, I'll post it in the first post as the official roster.
I don't work till 5PM EST tomorrow, if you need any help let me know, bro. Appreciate you taking the time to do all of this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »