Home

NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2019, 11:50 PM   #89
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I dont know how much 19 sold i dont think it was truly only 5000 copies that seem to low to believe but yeah 2k is way more popular sales show and when you look at the forums on here it shows to. Nba live a lot of times right now will have like 10 people viewing its forum were 2k will have like 250. That is pretty telling. Live dosnt have to sale what 2k sales to be a success. Look at consoles sales ps4 has and is way out sold xbox one but xbox one sales are not bad. 2k sales i think have been like 10-11 million the last few years and live lower then a million. If live were to sale like 3 million and 2k were to drop to 8 i dont think people would say live is not a success.
Live 14 -18 didn't even crack 1M....combined. 2K does that in the first week. If Live could sell 500K that would be a huge step in the right direction. I just don't see that happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 02:29 AM   #90
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I think this kind of thinking is “entitlement” by gamers.

I don’t care for 2K, and I loved the **** out of Live 19, but, I don’t get why I derserve to know all the details of what they are doing or thinking. For one, the decision may not have been made yet. Or, the decision has been made, but there are several contractual obligations that might need to be sorted out before they can announce anything.

But, sure, get all worked up over something you can’t control and doesn’t actually affect your life. I’m sure it will help.
What do you know about the marketing?

"I don’t get why I derserve to know all the details"

It's 2019 and as a consumer you deserve to know at least if the game is coming out or not. Know your rights, lol
Old 07-29-2019, 03:41 AM   #91
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Live 14 -18 didn't even crack 1M....combined. 2K does that in the first week. If Live could sell 500K that would be a huge step in the right direction. I just don't see that happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah that would be a big step in the right direction. I have been playing some of live 19 the last few days with ea access on ps4 before I had only played the demo and in like 4-5 games I have played I am seeing some things I like and things that you just dont see in 2k. I am seeing foul shoots on jump shoots including 3 pointers that never happends in 2k. I am seeing some charges also something that dont really happen in 2k. I had a play where I was driving towards the basket and the defender came over and I tried to make a pass and got called for a charged has I made the pass. I have never in any 2k game seen that type of play happen. Yes live does still have some work to get done but it really is crazy just how much better live 18 and 19 are compared to like 15-17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #92
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Comparing Madden to The Show and NBA games is apples and oranges, at least when it comes to resources when speaking about graphical fidelity of things like sidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #93
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Just as an Fyi, Equipment Guru was chatting in Mills’ stream a couple of nights ago and he stated that the EA team is ‘hard at work’ on Live. That’s all he said but it was good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #94
Rookie

Where is your source? I haven’t heard anyone working on a new Live
Old 07-30-2019, 12:56 AM   #95
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just as an Fyi, Equipment Guru was chatting in Mills’ stream a couple of nights ago and he stated that the EA team is ‘hard at work’ on Live. That’s all he said but it was good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hopefully that means we will start getting some news in a few days or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 04:03 AM   #96
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Hopefully that means we will start getting some news in a few days or so.
The easportsinsider IG accounts also posted an NBA Live 20 logo last night but quickly deleted it. Someone on the r/nbalive Reddit got a screenshot of the post though and put it up over there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »