Home

*~*~*~Official Houston Rockets Thread~*~*~*

This is a discussion on *~*~*~Official Houston Rockets Thread~*~*~* within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: *~*~*~Official Houston Rockets Thread~*~*~*

Jeff needs to take a page from his brother and let Tmac run the show the way Stan lets D-Wade have carte blanche. Yao and everyone else needs to play off of Tracy not the other way around.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Ming has poor conditioning. Yes, he is 20-something years old, but due to his size he is, right now, unable to play more than 38 minutes a game. As a fan, you hope that this gets better in the future, but you have to be skeptical. Realize that Yao is the first player at that size who is trying to be great. So a lot will be expected out of his performance. Dont get too upset, gundy is just looking out for the kid.

Very hard to be taken seriously when you call someone who is 7'6 280 a kid...but he is, lol

Do you watch Inside the NBA, i swear, Kenny Smith would make an excellent head coach. He made mention to the fact that jeff is running a system where a team is only getting around 80 posessions a game. Normal Avgs are 100, you just cant win like that. You calculate this stat by adding FGA's and TO's

Last edited by slimDREW; 11-19-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:55 PM   #51
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Do you watch Inside the NBA, i swear, Kenny Smith would make an excellent head coach. He made mention to the fact that jeff is running a system where a team is only getting around 80 posessions a game. Normal Avgs are 100, you just cant win like that. You calculate this stat by adding FGA's and TO's
That's what I mean, the system seems outdated for this time and the personnel he has doesnt seem to fit it well anyhow. He ahs to know this.

Yao needs more development time to become who he will be and HOU needs a strong tough personality player on the team too. Yao Taylor and J Ho form the softest big man tandem in the L. Mutombo might be old but he can still play some but he doesnt seem to get he minutes. Go figure you have JVG subbing Yao out for Spoon. =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 10:33 PM   #52
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

The streak is over!! I did not watch the game, but looking at box scores and reading about the game I have a couple comments.

#1 Yao Ming is one of the most inconsistant players I've ever seen! It's really a coin toss with him. he can give you six points on less than 20 percent shooting, 6 turnovers and one board or he can give you 30 and 15 shooting 70 percent. Yao is like two different players and you never know which one is gonna show up. according to an article I read, yao is averaging 25.4 points at home and 12.5 on the road. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Sadly the bad Yao showed up tonight

10 points (3-9), 8 rebounds, no assists, 6 turnovers, 6 fouls

#2 Like I said, I didn't watch the game, but Tmac had a 32/7/5 night which is a good statline for him. I hope to see more nights like this from Mac. Most noteable is he went 14-15 from the line. That should be his bread and butter. He's a monster with the rock in his hand. He knows how to drive and draw fouls... and more importantly he knows how to convert and make his FT's. He should be averaging this many trips to the line nightly, but he settles for the jumper too much. Mac is the kind of guy that can put a team in foul trouble on his own, and he should because not only is he good and drawing fouls he's good at making FTs.

#3 Another point I noticed is Mac scored 5 of the rockets 9 OT points to put them away. thats a nice clutch showing from McGrady who really hasn't been all that clutch his career. Hopefully he can continue this type of play when the team gets into these close 4th quarter situations (that seem to be happening every game!!).

Also should note that the roleplayers played their part in the win as well. J. Jackson had 16 and 7 boards, Mo Taylor had 14 and 9.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #53
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

IMO Tmac should run the point

Everytime this dude gets the ball he effortlessly seems to be able to create lots of space for an open man to get a bucket. It's amazing JVG cant see this.

Ward is complete boo boo. He brings the ball up and cant get it to Yao for his life. He'll do something stupid like leave it to Mo taylor in the high post and clears out to the 3pt line for a 3 he misses most of the time, and tries to make Taylor do the job he should so he can try to get it Yao which results in a turnover, but Mo has been one of HOU most efficient players this year.

Man JVG needs to either tweak his O system or scrap it for something better.
This is very sad.

Everytime Ward give MO the ball in the high post or at the 3pt line and clears the way like Mo has AI dribbling skills and LBJ court vision. What is he thinking? The result, a ton of turnovers. Not all Mo's fault but just from non initiation of the offense by the PG and bad spacing.

Advice, trade Ward or dump him now. He is not good for this team in any kind of way. I'm starting to think a scrub would do better than this guy, and him constantly shooting 3's just tops it all off, because he cant hit any of em. Well, maybe anyone but Reece Gaines and Ty Lue.

C'mon Van Gundy use some common sense here man. Ward is not an offense initiator. I see why Pop sat him all season long.

For real, they will continue to lose in games and close game situations until Mac gets the ball more to create because Ward doesnt seem to understand the position.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:21 AM   #54
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

KDRE, its funny that you say Mac should run point then next game he dishes out 11 assists. TMac struggled bad shooting only 5-15, but I LOVE that the guys confidence is rarely shook. If he's having an off-night shooting, he'll find someway to contribute, thats the true mark of a superstar, he definately made his teammates better. Also, like I said earlier, eventhough he was having an off night, he still hit the clutch jumper when needed w/ 13.2 sec left. Thats 2 back to back clutch showings from McGrady, and subsequently, 2 wins.

Also, GREAT night for Dikembe gettin 15 and 11 for his 1st doubleX2 of the season.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #55
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Sorry to change the subject, but by any chance does anyone know what happened to 101.1 KLOL??? this used to be a Rock station in Houston. Now its a rap station... anyone know what happened?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #56
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Any word on when Bob Sura will be able to return?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »