Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Although I think I'm gonna bump HUM rush D back to 30, because they look a little bit too lost on 25.

I want to bump HUM run blocking back up to 40 too, but I'll just chalk it up to my o-line being rated in the 70s
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #90
MVP

Also here's the results so far for my 2nd year

4-2

vs San Jose State: W 27-23
vs Air Force: L 21-28
@ Army: W 48-0
vs UNLV: W 51-0
@ BYU: W 51-48 3OT
vs Washington State: L 21-31

You really never know how a game is gonna end up.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #91
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Also here's the results so far for my 2nd year

4-2

vs San Jose State: W 27-23
vs Air Force: L 21-28
@ Army: W 48-0
vs UNLV: W 51-0
@ BYU: W 51-48 3OT
vs Washington State: L 21-31

You really never know how a game is gonna end up.
I like where 1.9 is so far. The cpu run and pass game can be potent depending on the defense it plays. Option attacks by the cpu actually work. However, I might agree with your sentiments on the human run game. Might make minor tweaks to the slider set on my first post. Other than that, the set is near perfection, IMO.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #92
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
This is why spread option teams need separate sliders. Try cpu defense at 55 and run blocking at 50 or just keep run defense at 50 and run blocking at 50. This should give you the balance you are looking for, but my sliders are balanced for a majority of offenses, and the spread option is a minority. By making my sliders challenging and more realistic (giving the cpu better reaction time with run D slider), it plays balanced for running under center and from the shotgun. However, blame EA for the terrible blocking assignments on most option plays.
For the spread, I've actually found that 40 run block is ideal. If you go any higher, it actually gets too easy. 60 or lower is a must for run defense to run the spread option.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #93
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
For the spread, I've actually found that 40 run block is ideal. If you go any higher, it actually gets too easy. 60 or lower is a must for run defense to run the spread option.
This is probably more accurate. I only use a few spread option plays from LSU's playbook. I haven't played a whole game with a spread option team this year. I am only going by people's suggestions on spread option tweaks.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #94
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
This is probably more accurate. I only use a few spread option plays from LSU's playbook. I haven't played a whole game with a spread option team this year. I am only going by people's suggestions on spread option tweaks.
Yeah, I just played a game (Oregon vs. New Mexico) and I ran for 85 or so yards on 15 carries with Lamichael James with what you posted on the first page. Works great. Passing was a little easy (13 for 18 with my starter, 10 for 10 with the backup), but it was New Mexico, it should be easy.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #95
MVP

As a bit of a band-aid fix for the human run game without putting run block to 40, I turned Holding down to 50 and set my o-line to be aggressive on run blocking, which makes them sell out for the run more and hold blocks a bit longer. It's makes the run game a bit more balanced without the slightly-too-easy setting HUM blocking to 40 is. It feels like a 37 instead of 40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #96
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
As a bit of a band-aid fix for the human run game without putting run block to 40, I turned Holding down to 50 and set my o-line to be aggressive on run blocking, which makes them sell out for the run more and hold blocks a bit longer. It's makes the run game a bit more balanced without the slightly-too-easy setting HUM blocking to 40 is. It feels like a 37 instead of 40.
Might try this to see more holding calls since the change between 55 and 50 is more drastic. I wish you could set gameplanning pregame.
- DonohoFlnkr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »