Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2018, 10:54 PM   #1273
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
So do you need the editor for these sliders when it comes to adjusting coaching sliders?

Or do you just adjust to teams you are playing?

I know I’m personally going to adjust the teams I’m playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #1274
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

At first, I really didn't want to start fresh to change my progression speed to 'Normal'. But, after some thought and realizing that I probably had some early season success with Georgia State due to testing folks sliders, I went ahead and did it.

It also gave me the chance to download some rosters which I got from pastapadre. Looks like it has some current FSU folks in them as well so that's cool.

New dynasty is with Texas State who, with those rosters, is the worst 1* team in the game. I playing as created, 1* head coach. With your recruiting restriction guidelines (which I love by the way) I was only able to target 11 guys that meet my personal requirements for ratings in categories for a particular position.

I don't scout a guy until after he signs save for the auto scouting that gets done for some strange reason.

Can't wait to watch (CPU v. CPU) season opener at Southern Miss.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1275
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
At first, I really didn't want to start fresh to change my progression speed to 'Normal'. But, after some thought and realizing that I probably had some early season success with Georgia State due to testing folks sliders, I went ahead and did it.

It also gave me the chance to download some rosters which I got from pastapadre. Looks like it has some current FSU folks in them as well so that's cool.

New dynasty is with Texas State who, with those rosters, is the worst 1* team in the game. I playing as created, 1* head coach. With your recruiting restriction guidelines (which I love by the way) I was only able to target 11 guys that meet my personal requirements for ratings in categories for a particular position.

I don't scout a guy until after he signs save for the auto scouting that gets done for some strange reason.

Can't wait to watch (CPU v. CPU) season opener at Southern Miss.

Just FYI Nole Fan....CPU v CPU is a very different animal. While there is theoretically no reason it shouldn't work, I've often found that those types of games behave a bit differently than traditional play (or even coach mode for that matter). If you DO run into oddities, shoot me a PM....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #1276
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
So do you need the editor for these sliders when it comes to adjusting coaching sliders?

Or do you just adjust to teams you are playing?

Not at all; but it certainly makes it easier to do a blanket adjustment to the coach sub frequency.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #1277
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just FYI Nole Fan....CPU v CPU is a very different animal. While there is theoretically no reason it shouldn't work, I've often found that those types of games behave a bit differently than traditional play (or even coach mode for that matter). If you DO run into oddities, shoot me a PM....

Thanks Josh. I will. From what I’ve seen before the reset, it looks great. My team just sucked and so does my new team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #1278
jww
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have played several dynasty games with these sliders, and i think that the word balance cannot be overused. the outcomes/animations are widely varied, with match up weaknesses against specific opponents being highlighted. pretty cool.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #1279
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

I've played two games with these settings so far as WKU.

To me, the game is too easy with these sliders. I beat Kentucky 24-23 and Tennessee 20-17.

I didn't switch players on defense, I actually rarely controlled my guy.

On offense, I did not use any cheese plays. Did ask coach for a lot of plays and just went with what felt right.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #1280
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

OVR: 0

Just curious....

Is there any way to tell what your coach progression is set to if you have been running a dynasty for a looooonnnnnggg time ? I don't have a clue what I set this too when I started my off-line dynasty. I am in year 2028 so its been a while since the beginning as you can see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »