Home

How's Your Career Doing?

This is a discussion on How's Your Career Doing? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: How's Your Career Doing?

spoke too soon..

i had a bye week and then facing the Bengals and i must've gotten sloppy or gameplanned wrong or something cuz that was a rough rough game

always behind.. even though it was a close game i just never felt my team was in it.. the bye week got them unfocused or something

final score of 24-22 but mannn CJ and whoseyourmama ate me up
....which makes sense cuz i gameplanned against the run lol

oh well 3-2 record
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #58
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
These are the posts that I love to read. Out of curiosity, how good is your OC and your QB Coach? What sliders are you using, if any? Im starting to think that the coaches play too big of a role in this game because Mike Martz shouldnt suddenly turn Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB throwing over 325 per game, but Smith cant be stopped unless he stops himself. Its my last and only guess at why I can throw for 325+ per game with garbage like Smith while others cant with similar QB's.

I'm at work right now so I can't check my coaches exact ratings, but I know they are both subpar. However, I created my headcoach and focused all of my skill-points on QB development skills. I agree that it feels like good coaching is almost too effective because J****ssell is progressing very rapidly; he's now an 80 overall after starting at 70 overall.

I guess we'll see how it works out over the long-haul...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-19-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 10

Just lost my career....during a save....it just froze. Tried to reboot the game and go to my career...but had an error message. Had to start a new one again ...my 3rd.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #60

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I actually think it is cool that Martz can get Smith on the right track. I agree with you though that the results shouldn't be instant. Does Smith even know all of the playboook since it's new? I am guessing he has a very high learning grade though since he's supposed to be quite intelligent.
He doesnt know the entire playbook but in real life the rumor Ive heard is he isnt picking up on Martz' playbook very well and that it might be JT O'Sullivans spot to lose at this point. Now I understand that they cant mimic everything so maybe they thought he was pretty intelligent but even if he was that doesnt mean he should be lighting it up like he is against teams like New England. For anything good he is doing for Smith he is doing equally if not more bad to Gore so personally Im going to run Martz out of town after the season, even though one goal is to resign him at the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
That's a terrible combination of Running back coach and Oline coach. Just to let you know, my last game with the sliders I told you about... Kurt Warner was 15/31 for 159 and 3 INT against me. One thing I am really starting to get annoyed with is I have 6 defensive tds in 3 games. I'm scared it's like Madden where almost every turnover turns into a td.
I agree its a terrible combination but its as if the developers wanted to redesign the wheel with this game and they went too far with certain things. Those same coaches were there last year when Gore ran for 1,102 yards and averaged 4.2 per carry when the defenses were stacking the line. Now Im supposed to believe that EA has some sort of inside knowledge and that Gore is going to suddenly average less then 2.0 yards per carry and basically be as valuable as Cedric Benson, give me a break. I love, I repeat love, the front office stuff and that keeps me coming back but unfortunatly Im really close to simulating every game and moving on because getting even close to realistic stats while playing the game is next to impossible.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #61
MVP

DLaren's Arena

- Currently sitting at 7-0 with the Raiders.

- I really goofed up on assessing the quality of my DT's. I have one training-camp invitee who I -thought- would be a stud, but as the season has gone on and more of his attributes have become known, it turns out he's just a big-body with few skills that can't stay healthy. My other two DT's also has injury problems (I should have checked their injury ratings) so I've been struggling to find a second DT who can play consistently well with T.Kelly.

- Everyone on my offensive line has been dominant; they all have 100 production grades through 7 games. This is puzzling to me because my highest rated pass-blocker is 79, yet my QB has more than enough time in the pocket.

- I'm going to be in salary-cap hell by the end of the season because I opted to sign a bunch of free-agents to 1 year deals at the start of my career. Now, every week I'm being approached by guys who want contract extensions.

- My running game cannot be stopped. I have a college attack style run-game from the Wishbone and Maryland-I formations; Fargas and McFadden are carrying my team. I looked at my play calling history and I run the ball 76% of the time; and for good reason.

- James Jones has been my best acquisition on the offense and Gary Brackett has been my best acquisition on defense. Tony Bake (at DE) has been my best training-camp keeper.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #62
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I just had my best game ever. First game of season two, the defending Superbowl Champion Colts come to town to take on my Rams.

Scouting them, hearing about their practices, and looking at their roster, my gameplan becomes clear. Slow down their passing game, and pound the rock between the tackles. Their two staring DT's are the only defensive starters they have who are rated below 80.

I lose Pace in the first quarter(he gets hurt literally every game) I lose Little in the first quarter as well(out for the season, torn triceps)

Manning struggles early, heats up late, but I hold him to 57% passing, 20-35, 289, 2 TD's, 1 INT, sacked him 3 times.

I run Jackson into the ground, 37-141, 3.8 YPC, no fumbles

I lead the whole game, but Manning marches down the field, and hits Wayne for a 10 yard score with 2:40 left to go up 17-16.

I get sacked on a crucial third down, setting up 4th and 17, at midfield with 1:40 left. In a moment of pure insanity, I call a play that I had just stole that preseason, which had a play knowledge bar that was practically empty. Bulger hits Holt, who makes a leaping catch on the sideline, for a 24 yard gain, allowing me to work the clock and set up the game winning field goal.

I win 19-17, getting a nice little 13 point bump in approval.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 AM   #63
MVP

DLaren's Arena

I love this team...I repeat...

I...LOVE...THIS...TEAM.

We're in Week-15 and we just beat the Patriots in come-from-behind fashion when I didn't think we had it in us. I knew we could compete because I have a great secondary that specializes in man-to-man, my front-seven leads the league in sacks, and we spent all week gameplanning against the pass...so I knew Brady wasn't going to waltz into Oakland and light-up the scoreboard, I just didn't know if we could score enough to get the win...

Well we won 14-13 after being down 13-3 up until the last 5 minutes of the game.

With about 5 minutes left, we finally got McFadden some room to breath and he ran us into FG position after a few good runs; then we trailed 13-6 with a little over 3 minutes to go. On NE's final drive my defense held tight, pumping their fists and jumping up&down after every big hit and pass deflection (the crowd was going nuts!).

We get the ball back at our own 35 with less than 2 minutes to go. With no TO's I picked one of my "2-minute drill" plays because I knew I'd be stuck with it for awhile; from that play we marched all the way down the field to the 11 where Russell threw an incompletion.

With six seconds left, I decided that I was going to put the game in the hands of my best player...toss left out of the Wishbone to McFadden for a TD! We are now down 13-12...

Defining moment comes-up; kick the FG and go to overtime, or go for two and get the win? Being the all-or-nothing coach that I am, I chose to go for two since we had so much momentum.

We came out in the Maryland-I, once again toss left to McFadden...clawing and fighting for every inch he crosses the goaline (dragging a defender all the way) and we go up 14-13 with 3 seconds to go...We stopped their return and got out of there with a well deserved win...

This team showed all kinds of heart...we fumbled twice while in scoring position, Russell couldn't complete a pass downfield until the final drive, WR's dropped balls on 3rd downs, the running game was getting stuffed all game...but we hung-tight (thank you defense!) and put it together when it mattered most...This feels like a championship team.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-26-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #64
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
- Currently sitting at 7-0 with the Raiders.

- I really goofed up on assessing the quality of my DT's. I have one training-camp invitee who I -thought- would be a stud, but as the season has gone on and more of his attributes have become known, it turns out he's just a big-body with few skills that can't stay healthy. My other two DT's also has injury problems (I should have checked their injury ratings) so I've been struggling to find a second DT who can play consistently well with T.Kelly.

- Everyone on my offensive line has been dominant; they all have 100 production grades through 7 games. This is puzzling to me because my highest rated pass-blocker is 79, yet my QB has more than enough time in the pocket.

- I'm going to be in salary-cap hell by the end of the season because I opted to sign a bunch of free-agents to 1 year deals at the start of my career. Now, every week I'm being approached by guys who want contract extensions.

- My running game cannot be stopped. I have a college attack style run-game from the Wishbone and Maryland-I formations; Fargas and McFadden are carrying my team. I looked at my play calling history and I run the ball 76% of the time; and for good reason.

- James Jones has been my best acquisition on the offense and Gary Brackett has been my best acquisition on defense. Tony Bake (at DE) has been my best training-camp keeper.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who thought it'd be fun to use a wishbone with the Raiders... Fargas & McFadden in the backfield at the same time is just pure evil in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »