Home

What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

This is a discussion on What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you rather have a new release every year or update via patches you pay for?
New Release every year ala Madden 35 37.63%
Patch every 6 months (maybe $9.99 to $19.99?) to a year with a New Release every few years 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
OP? What does that mean?
Original Post, or Poster depends on context.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

16) Not have illogical players as substitutes on the Depth Chart. I understand, and want some flexibility on who I can play at what position but when P K QB and DBs all show up when I'm trying to sub my RG... umm yeah a bit annoying especially when I try to sort for my fastest OL so I can make him my pulling G and I have to wade through all my receivers, DBs, LBs QBs and their grandmothers using walkers that have higher speeds than my OL.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

1. Let me adjust more than one adjustment without having to keep reentering the Adjustment menu it over and over.

2. Depth charts for each kind of package.

3. Practice Squad

4. Wavier Wire

5. Supplemental Draft

6. Every type of tagging option other than franchise tag

7. Have the ability to sign franchised players away. (even though it never really happens, but it's still an option)

8. Smarter run blocking. Which by that I mean, have WRs actually try and hold a block, or match up with an unblocked player on the outside even if the assignment isn't quite matching up.

9. No robo QB.

7. Less Madden moves, and more realistic animations.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #20
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

slo,

this could be called the HC wishlist for 2010.

i wouldn't mind seeing the ncaa draft class incorporated into this game.

also i do agree get the core fixed first before doing anything drastic.

this game has the potential to surpass madden.

true online leagues would be nice.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #21
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll throw something out... the ability to schedule our own practice days. Unless there's some NFL standard for it (who knows, maybe there is), if I have a game Thursday, why can't I have my team get in some additional practice time before the next week's Sunday game and have an advantage over my opponent who plays both games on Sunday?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I'll throw something out... the ability to schedule our own practice days. Unless there's some NFL standard for it (who knows, maybe there is), if I have a game Thursday, why can't I have my team get in some additional practice time before the next week's Sunday game and have an advantage over my opponent who plays both games on Sunday?
There is actually a "set" schedule for practices and workouts etc at all levels of football. Fatigue and muscle soreness is a huge factor in football so scheduling extra practices in a game week would be a HUGE negative both physically and for the players' morale so you would lose any benefit you might get and I think this game does a pretty good job at taking that into consideration.

Most teams run a schedule similar to the following:

day 1 after game: dark (off)
day 2 film, meetings
day 3 off or def practice depending on the HC pref.
day 4 opposite as day 3
day 5 game plan practice in pads heavy contact etc
day 6 no pads walk-through gameplan
day 7 game day again

So you can see why so many teams lose a Sunday game after a Monday night game. Regularity and routines are VERY important to football so that players can react instinctively based on their practices instead of having to think out what they are doing while they are on the field.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

i posted these in another area on the forum, but its ben suggested i bring them here as well. Sorry if these were mentioned in this thread before.

1. Practice Squad - each team has an 8(i believe its still 8) player practice squad that is separate from the 53 man roster. This can be incorporated into the practice, or gameplan part of each week. And those rookie free agents or veterans that dont quite make the team can be given a practice contract, and based on your scouting itll be just like training camp where you can unveil their overall and other stats. Its so you can have quick plug ins for injuries, and to not quite let go of a player in training camp that you would like to see if he can someday make the team.

2. Create a Player - This is the ultimate solution because it means anyone can create any player and just like the baseball games that have been coming out for years, the minor leaguer players can be either renamed or created to create full rosters. Its the same thing here, any players that might be missing or their with a different name can be renamed, or created.

3. More players - This is on the developers because 350 is alot of players to be missing and thats not scraping all the free agents that are waiting to be called by teams in the nfl. Just keep expanding. It would be incredible if you can add little by little in roster updates.

4. 80 man rosters - This is self explanatory because adding more roster spots one would think that there would be more players to fill these spots.

this is just to name a few. Game seems to run great for me so far. We need to keep this game alive. This game is a result of all those mega wishlists for maddens in the past. most of what weve suggested for madden before are now in this game. I believe that if they keep creating this game every year we will finally have the football game/experience madden cannot give us.

I really have been left flat from sports video games since i believe madden either 03 or 04. with head coach i am so thrilled to finally have a game worthy of my money and time.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #24
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd like to be able to gameplan for any of my individual players instead of the choices the game gives me. I'm in a constant battle of my GM wanting me to improve a bunch of guys knowledge and they never show up as an option to train individually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »