Home

Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread

This is a discussion on Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #41
Banned

Alextricity's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread

6-10.

They're gonna get butt-had against the Lions. Looking forward to it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #42
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

I thought 7-9 was a good record for them before the season started and I'm going to stick with that. I firmly believe if they can pull off 7-9 with this schedule, that they have become better as a team than last season.

Looking at the schedule again though, I don't see an easy game on it. Maybe Indy, which feels weird to say. I think the Denver games will depend on who is getting the majority of snaps at QB for the Broncos when we play them.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Notice nobody's talking about how bad Cassel's been (and the aura of the entire team) since Weiss left.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #44
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Notice nobody's talking about how bad Cassel's been (and the aura of the entire team) since Weiss left.
I'd like to have a larger sample to draw from to make any firm connections between Weis leaving and Cassel's performance. One regular season game ain't enough.

Plus, is Cassel just going to forget all of the things Weis supposedly taught him in his one year in KC? I could see him not continuing to improve as he did last year, but why would Weis leaving cause Cassel to regress?

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #45
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

Yeah, one game isn't enough to judge where Cassel is compared to last season. With the way things were on Sunday, no way that Cassel was going to have a good game. He will not be the QB that can consistently come play from behind and win you the game. He needs to be able to have an offense with some balance to it. Once we got so far behind, we couldn't do what our offense was built around. Which is running the ball.

Last season, with Weis, Cassel didn't pass for more than 250 yards until the game @ Denver when he had that crazy 400 yard day IIRC. So many things are to blame for the loss on Sunday, but I don't think Cassel is close to the top of that list. People just need to get off his back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'd like to have a larger sample to draw from to make any firm connections between Weis leaving and Cassel's performance. One regular season game ain't enough.

Plus, is Cassel just going to forget all of the things Weis supposedly taught him in his one year in KC? I could see him not continuing to improve as he did last year, but why would Weis leaving cause Cassel to regress?
They were talking about it last year when Weis announced it. He's been pretty bad ever since then. They haven't mentioned it this year that I know of but since then, preseason and game one, Cassel hasn't looked too good.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #47
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

Well, Sunday was a little bit more encouraging than the first two games. Keeping the game competitive was nice to see for a change. I wonder how long it is until they start giving McCluster more carries. Jones is done, and it's a shame because I really like the guy. I wouldn't be shocked if they gave McClain some more chances with the ball.

Reports are that Flowers has a high ankle sprain which is great news compared to the other injuries that we have had. Hopefully he is they type of player who can bounce back from that injury pretty quick but it's the kind of injury that can just linger around for weeks.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #48
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Why was the offensive playcalling so unimaginative the first half? We threw maybe one pass longer than five yards. Then when Cassel was able to take a couple of chances downfield in the second half, things started to roll a bit.

Was San Diego's coverage just that good in the first half?

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »