Home

Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread

This is a discussion on Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #49
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Offical Kansas City Chiefs Thread

It seems to me that Cassel is almost afraid to throw it downfield. At least until we are already down by a lot and he tosses up some of those lame duck balls that Bowe has to come back to. I'm hoping that once we get Baldwin back on the field that things will open up a little bit more. At least spread the defense to where Breaston and Bowe can work the middle a little bit more.

What do you think of maybe bringing in Steve Slaton? Like I said before, Jones looks to be finished and McCluster can't handle the majority of the load. Maybe if Pioli would stop cutting and resigning O'Connell and Becht, he could focus on some bigger areas of need.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #50
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

My take:
Right now the Chiefs are 4-5 and coming up they have:
At Patriots
Steelers
At Bears
At Jets
Packers
Raiders
At Bronco's

I honestly see them wining maybe one or two of these games so we are looking at a 5-11 or 6-10 season at best, personally I think they will lose out and go back to a 4-12 season. This team has no consistency, they are unable to beat a good team, and struggle to beat a poor team. The Chiefs are going nowhere fast. Wining the AFC west last year was a fluke. We all saw that when they got killed by the Ravens in the playoffs.

As long as Cassel is the QB this team will never win a playoff game and will be lucky to even play in one again.

Cassel is not gonna cut it. He is not the future. Based on yesterday's performance he isn't even the present. Look at guys like Dalton, Newton, Ryan, Ponder? Even in defeat these guys look like NFL quarterbacks. We get a guy who can't outrun his grandma, who panics and tries to run every time anyone gets near him. Cassel looks as bad as any QB I've seen trying to run when the pocket collapses. And he looks even worse throwing it. I know a lot of folks have high hopes for Stanzi but there are some outstanding QBs that will be there in the 1st round of the draft this year. Arm strength is over rated in the NFL. We need a QB who can read defenses, make the right throws to the right guys. Who can lead a receiver in stride. Cassel needs to ride the pine as a back up, that is where he shines.

I've been a Chiefs fan for 18 years and I can't remember being more frustrated with the team then I am now. Why? Because they are very close to taking that next step to being a very good team, they just keep throwing big money at the wrong players and then going with them for years to save face.

Why is it that when a team gives a guy like Cassel a huge contract and then he falls flat on his face they don't have the balls to pull the plug? Just admit the guy is no good, take your losses and move forward.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #51
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
My take:
Right now the Chiefs are 4-5 and coming up they have:
At Patriots
Steelers
At Bears
At Jets
Packers
Raiders
At Bronco's

I honestly see them wining maybe one or two of these games so we are looking at a 5-11 or 6-10 season at best, personally I think they will lose out and go back to a 4-12 season. This team has no consistency, they are unable to beat a good team, and struggle to beat a poor team. The Chiefs are going nowhere fast. Wining the AFC west last year was a fluke. We all saw that when they got killed by the Ravens in the playoffs.

As long as Cassel is the QB this team will never win a playoff game and will be lucky to even play in one again.

Cassel is not gonna cut it. He is not the future. Based on yesterday's performance he isn't even the present. Look at guys like Dalton, Newton, Ryan, Ponder? Even in defeat these guys look like NFL quarterbacks. We get a guy who can't outrun his grandma, who panics and tries to run every time anyone gets near him. Cassel looks as bad as any QB I've seen trying to run when the pocket collapses. And he looks even worse throwing it. I know a lot of folks have high hopes for Stanzi but there are some outstanding QBs that will be there in the 1st round of the draft this year. Arm strength is over rated in the NFL. We need a QB who can read defenses, make the right throws to the right guys. Who can lead a receiver in stride. Cassel needs to ride the pine as a back up, that is where he shines.

I've been a Chiefs fan for 18 years and I can't remember being more frustrated with the team then I am now. Why? Because they are very close to taking that next step to being a very good team, they just keep throwing big money at the wrong players and then going with them for years to save face.

Why is it that when a team gives a guy like Cassel a huge contract and then he falls flat on his face they don't have the balls to pull the plug? Just admit the guy is no good, take your losses and move forward.

I'm going to say that is just about the only reason NFL teams need to keep a guy around regardless of how he is playing. I honestly don't see Cassel going until Haley goes. I think it will take a major change like that. Either that or he will have to come back and be abosolutely terrible next season because I don't think he has been awful this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #52
Banned

kaoschase's Arena

Truth is, Cassel hasn't been awful enough for Pioli to say, "okay enough is enough".

And to be perfectly honest, I don't believe Cassel is a "Haley Guy", I think Cassel is there because of Pioli.

I don't think we'll see Cassel go, but I think he can be benched. I just don't know who's gonna do it.

I followed Stanzi's college career and when the draft day came I was praying Kansas City picked him up. They picked him up later that day, then I said it, and Mel Kiper said it (not that he means anything). That Stanzi could be in the best position for success, and with Cassel being injured right now, no one is going to give that kid a chance.

I don't wanna see Kansas City take a QB in the first round, and I don't want them to fish through free agency. I think Stanzi could be our Franchise guy and we should draft a franchise Tackle and let him take off.

Of course right now that won't happen cause their being ignorant with Tyler Palko and Kyle Orton! GRRRR!

Anyways just thought I'd pump this forum back to life...... Let's hear it!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #53
Banned

kaoschase's Arena

I'm SOOOOOOO glad we spent two million dollars on Orton who dis-located his finger in his play on field as a Chief!!

WHAT A JOKE!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #54
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

As a Bronco fan, I was SUPER glad to see Orton not only benched, but gone off of the team. He had the ability to compile pretty stats (because they were always playing from behind) but he had zero abilitly to make plays and win football games.

Why in the world did the Chiefs pick him up? Are they planning on keeping him long-term? He still becomes a FA after this year, right?

Please keep him. Miller and Doom will know right where to find him.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #55
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
As a Bronco fan, I was SUPER glad to see Orton not only benched, but gone off of the team. He had the ability to compile pretty stats (because they were always playing from behind) but he had zero abilitly to make plays and win football games.

Why in the world did the Chiefs pick him up? Are they planning on keeping him long-term? He still becomes a FA after this year, right?

Have you watched Tyler Palko play? That's why the Chiefs picked up Orton.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #56
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28

Orton's no world beater but you're going WAY too far. Coming from Chicago he was known as a player who "just wins" bc he manages a game well and doesn't turn the ball over. He was replaced by Grossman to get the "stats". When he first got to Denver they had a healthy defense and they were winning (again, stats be damned). He's not a guy that can carry a team but he's not a bucket of empty stats either. He's always showed great leadership and is a team player. He'd make a good backup pretty much anywhere but Denver, and that's only bc of how things went down there for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »