Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #2969
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Is there still a good sized community playing B2BC online?

I picked up Black Ops on release day and it's just been 'meh'. In my opinion it's just not any fun to play online. Most matches are just filled with people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I've heard a lot of good things about B2:BC and heard the maps are much larger and it promotes more of a realistic team style of play which sounds right up my alley. From what I've read it sounds like the campaign isn't anything special so I'd be looking into it for the online play but just wondered how big of a community this game still had online?

Also. Can you play split screen online with two (or more) users on the same system?

Last edited by beau21; 11-20-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #2970
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
bfbc2 is one of those games that people will still be playing a year from now. Book it.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #2971
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21

I picked up Black Ops on release day and it's just been 'meh'. In my opinion it's just not any fun to play online. Most matches are just filled with people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I've heard a lot of good things about B2:BC and heard the maps are much larger and it promotes more of a realistic team style of play which sounds right up my alley. From what I've read it sounds like the campaign isn't anything special so I'd be looking into it for the online play but just wondered how big of a community this game still had online?

Also. Can you play split screen online with two (or more) users on the same system?
Not for sure on the split screen online with same console users. I think that may be something new they featured in Black Ops.

Everytime I hop on I have no problem finding matches, even on regular rush mode (with the larger teams). If you're not fully enjoying Black Ops I would highly recommend this game. One reason I really enjoy it is because I'm not really good at the quick twitch games getting kills, and in this game I can contribute to my team winning in other ways besides just kills...or lack thereof, lol.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #2972
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

New update details:

Quote:
A new multiplayer patch is on the way for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, publisher EA has announced.

The update, which hits PlayStation 3 today, fixes bugs and rebalances various weapons. There's a full list of the changes you can expect to see below.

A message on the game's official site added, "We are working hard on getting these fixes out for both PC and Xbox 360 as well, so in the coming days, look for updates on those platforms as well."
  • Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
  • Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
  • Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
  • Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
  • Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
  • Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
  • Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
  • Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry.
  • The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
  • Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
  • Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
  • Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
  • Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50 per cent.
  • Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
  • Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
  • Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
  • Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
  • Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
  • Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
  • Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
  • Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

Surprised to not see any nerfing of the SPAS shotgun - the range and accuracy is ridiculous.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #2973
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Joined the party a few weeks ago. I loved the beta, but was disappointed by some of the changes and feel of the game in the demo, and a lot of games released around that time too. I'm really enjoying it now, except for the overpowered shotguns at range (SPAS, SAIGON) and the WWII M1 Garand. These weapons are straight up cheap, and it seems a lot of people know it too because the majority of the time I'm killed, it's with these weapons. Also, a system to reshuffle or move some players from the other team at the end of a game to even things out would nice. It depends on what time you play, but it can tough to get some full games of Conquest going at night on PS3. It seems a lot more people prefer Rush, which is crazy to me because it feels horribly unbalanced. When you do get a full game going though, it's so good. Hopefully more people come back with the expansion.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #2974
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks for the update Flawless! I had no idea they were even working on updating this game besides releasing the new content.

Not for sure if I have you on my friends list, but if feel free to shoot me a request (Sixty5South) or I'll shoot you one the next time I'm on.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 11-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #2975
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
I'm still down for some BFBC2 as well... feel free to add me on PSN: thaSLAB

I agree to an extent, on the shotguns too, especially the Spaz. Either the power or accuracy could use some adjusting, probably not both tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #2976
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Yah, I can't believe I traded this in a while ago. I'm going to get this again this weekend for PS3. I would rather have this than COD.

Feel free to add me, if you want to play. PSN: kt-od

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »