Home

Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

This is a discussion on Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
sounds like another way to take all of our money. playstation it shall be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'm guessing this is all to do with piracy, it's actually quite clever from Microsoft. Instead of trying to inject anti piracy measures into the software and the hardware, it will be all taken care of on the server side. I assume our xbox live accounts and gamertags will all be stored on the Microsoft servers and not on the actual console, so unless you are a super hacker and can get into the MS servers, the Xbox One might become the first piracy proof console.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
I'm guessing this is all to do with piracy, it's actually quite clever from Microsoft. Instead of trying to inject anti piracy measures into the software and the hardware, it will be all taken care of on the server side. I assume our xbox live accounts and gamertags will all be stored on the Microsoft servers and not on the actual console, so unless you are a super hacker and can get into the MS servers, the Xbox One might become the first piracy proof console.
If you think that there is anything "Hacker Proof" then you are fooling yourself! ANYTHING can be hacked. If Microsoft is gullible enough to believe this... well... so be it...

Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
"Xbox, turn on my PS4."

Definitely PS4 for me, they have better exclusives in my eyes and all sports games release on both consoles with the exception of The Show. For me, it's a no-brainer.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Rookie

"We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection." Apparently all the whiners in videogame land forgot to read this quote.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

I feel like Microsoft is giving Sony a great chance to reclaim the market outside of Japan with this move. I feel like the early PS4 and XboxOne games will rely too heavily on graphics and suffer in the gameplay department. So I'll stick with my 360 and PS3 until i feel truely excited about the next gen consoles. Right now I'm indifferent....
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #31
MVP

What am I supposed to do when I am in Djibouti, and want to take a break from my study of the long horned beetle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I want a gaming console. Unfortunately, the Xbox One seems to be more concerned with non-gaming features than the games themselves.

While I have my 360 hooked up to the silver Xbox Live account, anyways, I still don't like this news. It wouldn't really affect me, but to have to have my Xbox One (if I got one) hooked up to the internet would kind of suck. I had to live in a camping trailer without internet for a few months in 2007 while I was in the process of moving in 2007 (the house sold before school was out). I guess I would have been SOL if I had an Xbox One then.

With that being said, I'm not looking to jump to "next-gen" consoles anytime soon, anyways. This news makes it more so.

I've never bought a Playstation console before, but if/when I make the jump to next-gen, I may be leaning that direction.

Aside from sports games, I don't play much console gaming anymore, anyways. PC gaming FTW.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »