Home

DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread

This is a discussion on DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #49
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread

Lost a fairly close game to #15 Mississippi St. at Mississippi St. by 9.

Next game is senior night against LSU. We SHOULD win that game and then will play a tough #18 Vandy team at Vandy for the last game of the season. Should be into the conference tournament by the end of the week.
Right now we're #4(22-7)(11-5)
Old 04-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #50
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

LSU on Senior Day was pretty easy, Kentucky wins 86-66 improving to 23-7(12-5)
FR SF Mike Cunningham was Player of the Game with a season high 21 points

There are four seniors on the team all of whom started to play at least the first possession

PG Henry Strong has played 119 regular season games for the Kentucky Wildcats, averaging 7.0 points (835 career points), 1.5 assists, and 1.5 rebounds per game for his college career. In the 24th game of his Sophomore season he tore his ACL and would be out for almost a year. Maybe because of his injury, his Junior season was a bit of a slump as his numbers dropped(albeit slightly) across the board. However, his Senior season has been his best season averaging 8.5 points, 2.1 assists, 2.0 rebounds, and 1.0 steals. I expect him to enter the NBA draft and to go late.

SG Jason Winter has played 127 regular season games for the Kentucky Wildcats, starting every single one of them. He's averaged 10.3 points (1,305 career points), 4.0 assists, and 3.3 rebounds for his college career. Winter has been maybe my most favorite player I've coached in six seasons of this campaign. However, he's called me multiple times saying he thinks I'm upset or disappointed with him. I don't really know why. He's never had a reputation for acting out or getting in fights with other teammates and he's always preformed fairly well, rarely ever having a bad game. Gonna miss this dude. I expect him to go in the draft, maybe first round? Probably not a lottery pick.

SF Kelley Blackwell only joined the Kentucky Wildcats this season, transferring from Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He's averaged 2.1 points (25 points this season) and 1.4 rebounds on the season in a total of 12 games. Maybe I should've played him more, he's a solid outside shooter and had a decent career at Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I don't expect him to play beyond this level.

PF Ross Dickenman has played a total of 83 games at Kentucky. He's averaged 2.4 points(196 career points) and 2.0 rebounds in his career. His Junior season was his best season. He played in every game his Junior season averaging 3.9 points and 3.1 rebounds. For some reason, he's slumped a bit this season. In every season, except his Junior season, he mostly played when other players were in foul trouble, he was always very reliable. I don't expect him to play beyond this level

Last game of the season is at #18 Vandy. Kentucky is a 4.5 point favorite.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:15 AM   #51
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Vandy took the lead early in the last game of the season going up by 16 about halfway through the first half. Kentucky turned it on to tie it at the half 43-43. Second half Kentucky would stay in control to win 87-74. Kentucky finished the regular season with a record of 24-7(13-5)
Player of the Game was JR C John Gentry with 16 points and 9 rebounds

Here's what the SEC Tournament looks like

Spoiler

Results of First Round

Spoiler

Second Round

Spoiler

Kentucky plays Auburn in the Third Round

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 07:20 AM   #52
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Also received some bad news as two of my Freshman are declaring for the draft
FR PF Darrell Deren
9.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game
FR SF Mike Cunningham
10.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.0 blocks per game
Cunningham started every game this season and Deren started all but 2.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:30 PM   #53
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

A lot has happened since I last updated. I was able to get to the championship game of the SEC tournament but lost to #15 Mississippi St.
I ended up getting a #2 seed for the NCAA Tournament. First round was against Lipscomb and it was actually pretty close but I pulled off the win. Second round was against #7 seed Memphis Tigers and...I lost. Again, I'm unable to get past the 2nd round of the tournament. The final record for the season was 27-9

In the offseason not only did I lose the 2 Freshman and 4 seniors I mentioned but 3 players transferred
Chris Abel
Cole Belton
Isaac Greenburg
All solid bench guys for me. That's 9 players departed. I had to try to scramble to bring in some transfers. I managed to bring in 4 transfers led by 4 star player Mike Carter from Oklahoma. My recruiting class coming in was ranked 14. I think this season will undoubtedly be worse than last season. Good news is the recruiting phase for the Freshman next season went pretty well. Unfortunately, I did lose a few recruits to Florida but I'm excited about that class.

Here's the team preview for this season
Spoiler
Jarrod Payne, Michael Selby, and Mike Carter are 3 of the transfers I landed.

Last edited by Gramps91; 05-02-2022 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:45 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

That's some tough luck with the 2nd round losses. Your team on paper looks worse, so of course this will be the year that you break past the 2nd round.

― Plato
Old 05-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #55
Rookie

Jeffrey Barnes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
A lot has happened since I last updated. I was able to get to the championship game of the SEC tournament but lost to #15 Mississippi St.
I ended up getting a #2 seed for the NCAA Tournament. First round was against Lipscomb and it was actually pretty close but I pulled off the win. Second round was against #7 seed Memphis Tigers and...I lost. Again, I'm unable to get past the 2nd round of the tournament. The final record for the season was 27-9

In the offseason not only did I lose the 2 Freshman and 4 seniors I mentioned but 3 players transferred
Chris Abel
Cole Belton
Isaac Greenburg
All solid bench guys for me. That's 9 players departed. I had to try to scramble to bring in some transfers. I managed to bring in 4 transfers led by 4 star player Mike Carter from Oklahoma. My recruiting class coming in was ranked 14. I think this season will undoubtedly be worse than last season. Good news is the recruiting phase for the Freshman next season went pretty well. Unfortunately, I did lose a few recruits to Florida but I'm excited about that class.

Here's the team preview for this season
Spoiler
Jarrod Payne, Michael Selby, and Mike Carter are 3 of the transfers I landed.
Thank you for your effort to share the updates,

it is always interesting to see the chronological development of the campaign.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2022, 07:14 AM   #56
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Opened the season playing in the NIT Pre-Season Tournament
Defeated the Ohio Bobcats, 79-70
Player of the game
SR PG Michael Selby with 15 points and 4 rebounds

Defeated the #21 Cincinnati Bearcats, 79-69
Player of the game
SR C John Gentry with 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks

Two good wins. Put me in the championship game for the NIT Pre-Season tournament against the St. Mary's Gaels, and we lost big time, 92-59.
We then had the home opener against the George Mason Patriots and won pretty easily, 73-55
Player of the game was John Gentry with 8 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 3 steals
Next game is at home against the Portland St. Vikings, 1-2
Kentucky is an 18 point favorite

The record now for this new season is 3-1

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »