Home

2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Y’all ever think that maybe sometimes players just like playing where they’re at?

People so pressed to want that man to force the issue and demand a trade(something that we usually kill players for doing)and depending on where he goes AND if he somehow wins a championship there, those same people will be the ones trying to diminish that accomplishment because of who he’s playing with.

That’s true, but I’m also taking about Portland trading Dame not Dame forcing a trade.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:08 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Y’all ever think that maybe sometimes players just like playing where they’re at?

People so pressed to want that man to force the issue and demand a trade(something that we usually kill players for doing)and depending on where he goes AND if he somehow wins a championship there, those same people will be the ones trying to diminish that accomplishment because of who he’s playing with.
I can agree with that. With someone like him and Beal, not only are they dug into the team and the city, their family and circle are too. Guys like that who are loyal and there for a decade plus, are engraved into the environment. For some guys, it's a passion but also a business and means to an end. If it were up to Dame, I do think he would want to spend his entire career there, but he does want to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
That’s true, but I’m also taking about Portland trading Dame not Dame forcing a trade.
Especially with Dame now not going on their upcoming 6 or 7 game road trip with CJ out still and now Powell on Covid protocols. While they are still in reach of Play-In, I do think it is possible that they miss out if they go on a losing streak. They could end up keeping their first round pick, but not much they can do.

Do you think it gets to a point where they just shut him down for the year and tell him to get surgery and just semi-tank the year to get a high draft pick and use that and other assets to trade for a legit player next offseason
Old 01-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #35
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

They might as well shut him down.

Dude’s been playing hurt since the Olympics and hasn’t really had any rest since then, add to the other issues/injuries to the rest of the roster, the mess going on upstairs…once we hit February, you’re more than halfway through the season, it doesn’t make too much sense.

But I’m also thinking the long game and know that most franchises don’t do that and with that play in game mess, teams are gonna aim for that 10th spot to get in and then act like they’re “close” just because they won a game or 2 in that play-in mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #36
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I think there’s a significant differences in the situations you’re talking about. Guys giving half efforts, not getting better as players and demanding trades really soon into tenures with a team get crushed for trying to force their way out as opposed to guys like Dame who have been with their teams 9-10 years and have genuinely tried to get over the hump. Gotten better as players and genuinely like the franchise people don’t have an issue with them asking out and not wasting any more of their career in a situation that they clearly can’t win in. It’s why nobody had an issue with Garnett and Ray Allen’s trades. Why they want Dame and Beal to not waste their primes in terrible situations like they’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #37
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

But if those guys WANT to stay, why is that looked at as wrong/weird?

I get that fans are fans and are going to project what THEY want onto what they THINK a player wants(They’ve been doing it with Beal for the last 3 years despite he himself saying he’s happy and wants to stay in DC).

But I’m also becoming the “Get off my lawn” guy when it comes to NBA Fans and they’re constant need to be 2K GM(no disrespect to this thread or anyone here, y’all are cool but **** y’all trade proposals )
Old 01-10-2022, 12:43 PM   #38
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Report John Collins is frustrated with his role in Atlanta. He has seen his shot attempts and usage decrease in each of the past 3 seasons. This is his lowest usage rate since his rookie year.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2022/...source=twitter
Old 01-10-2022, 12:49 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

My thing is, I don't wanna hear about how much Dame wants to win but still staying in Portland. He may want to win and win in Portland but that ain't happening, the cap situation is bad and the window is closed. Let us know you are happy not winning and being mediocre in Portland.

And the stigma of going to another team, winning a Title and being "diminish" by fans isn't nearly what it was in the old days (LeBron put and end to a lot of that, which is a good thing IMO) unless you are joining a 73 win team, in which case I might be first in line diminishing your Title.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:11 PM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
My thing is, I don't wanna hear about how much Dame wants to win but still staying in Portland. He may want to win and win in Portland but that ain't happening, the cap situation is bad and the window is closed. Let us know you are happy not winning and being mediocre in Portland.

And the stigma of going to another team, winning a Title and being "diminish" by fans isn't nearly what it was in the old days (LeBron put and end to a lot of that, which is a good thing IMO) unless you are joining a 73 win team, in which case I might be first in line diminishing your Title.
The same stuff you’re saying about Dame, was being said about Giannis. Giannis was saying the same thing as Dame and the same stuff about Portland was being said about Bucks. But of course because he won a ring, we forget that ever happened.

As for the 2nd part, I wouldn’t say Lebron put an end to it, I think it’ll depend on the player and how much we like them. Mostly everyone loved the Giannis story and journey last year(if you’re a die hard Lebron fan, you probably got tired of hearing about it, especially the whole “Giannis didn’t have to team up with anyone to win, he stuck it out thru the bad!” narrative that was being spun). If the Nets ever win a title, I’m already prepared for the takes about Harden regardless of how he plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »