Home

2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2022, 03:59 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Shams reporting the Knicks, Lakers, Wizards and Blazers are among the teams pursuing Pistons’ Jerami Grant.

Also says the Hawks have “gained momentum” in discussions involving the Sixers and Simmons.
I just think there are better packages than what Atlanta can offer. Reddish has high upside, but is still very raw. He's better off going to a team would allow him to develop, not thrust into a team looking to contend. I like Gallo and his contract is semi-expiring, but I like what Niang has brought us so far. Collins would bring size, energy, athleticism Sixers desperately needs. But, I'm not 100% on the fit alongside Embiid and you would HAVE to trade Tobias(which I'm all for lol) to even consider Collins. Also wonder if he benefits from having a playmaker like Trae, because he sure wouldn't have that in Philly.

The problem with most of the interested teams would need a 3rd team to either absorb a bad contract or offer Sixers a piece that fits better. They're not getting an A-level player unless they play the long game(which I don't want to chance). I'm more than okay with multiple B- Level players who fill multiple needs that makes us a complete team. Our main 2 needs are a PG who can facilitate, initiate offense, and spaces the court. And a Tall Athletic 2-Way wing who can create his own shot. I'm still for moving Tobias and a first for whatever they can get.

Last edited by illwill10; 01-10-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:06 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

What about something like Collins/Cam/Wright for a Ben to Atlanta, and Tobias + whatever to get a guy like LeVert or Hield or *insert other name*? Obviously lots of picks/cash filler to be mixed in but I could see Philly being on board with about anything if they could keep Joel, Maxey, and Curry.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
What about something like Collins/Cam/Wright for a Ben to Atlanta, and Tobias + whatever to get a guy like LeVert or Hield or *insert other name*? Obviously lots of picks/cash filler to be mixed in but I could see Philly being on board with about anything if they could keep Joel, Maxey, and Curry.
That seems better. Maybe throw Cam and Tobias to Kings for Barnes, that seems like the better fit. Maxey-Curry-Barnes-Collins-Embiid seems like a good starting lineup. Danny Green's contract could be used as a salary filler, Shake and Furkan should have decent value on the trade market. Wright-Thybulle-*insert wing*-Niang-Drummond would be a good bench. Sixers current problem is that when Joel leaves the court, the offense falls off a cliff if shots aren't falling.

I just dont like idea of waiting until the offseason and hoping a superstar asks out. I don't want to waste a prime year from Joel. Every time Joel falls and doesn't immediately get up, everyone still holds their breath lol.

Morey is trying to "win' the trade. At this point, you have to take the best deal available that both helps them now and makes them a complete team

Last edited by illwill10; 01-10-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 05:32 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Wonder what the price of Brandon Ingram would be? That's one of the players, I would for love for the Sixers. It would have to be a 3 team deal obviously and still a situation where you would need to trade Tobias because of fit, but I think Ingram would be a better fit alongside Embiid than Zion.

I feel Pelicans should shut down Zion and allow him to get fully healthy and conditioned better. But, the problem for them is that since the bottom of the West is so weak, Pelicans still have realistic shot at Play-In if Zion comes back healthy(enough). Teams 10-14 are all within 2 games of each other. I'm sure they're all for fighting for Play-In. But for long term, I wouldn't risk his long term health just for the chance to get knocked off in the Play-In
Old 01-10-2022, 07:08 PM   #53
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

For Atlantas side As much as I love Ben next to trae. I don’t think I want to trade Collins for him. You also have a major fit problem with Ben and Clint playing at the 4/5. John is shooting 42% from 3 this year.

Pelicans being sellers would probably be what I would do since they also have a lottery protected 1st and Zion isn’t coming back. I’m not sure if they are willing to do that.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:00 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
For Atlantas side As much as I love Ben next to trae. I don’t think I want to trade Collins for him. You also have a major fit problem with Ben and Clint playing at the 4/5. John is shooting 42% from 3 this year.

Pelicans being sellers would probably be what I would do since they also have a lottery protected 1st and Zion isn’t coming back. I’m not sure if they are willing to do that.
I say that because I think Ingram could be had for the right price. There's not many players who are truly "untouchable". Like before the last season, I wouldn't have said Embiid was untouchable. There were already discussions about whether Zion and Brandon fit together.

What about a three team deal involving SAC, NO, and PHI. Ben to SAC, Fox to NO, and Ingram to Philly. Add in players here and there, but I think that's a trade that benefits all three teams. Ben would fit well alongside Mitchell, Haliburton, and Barnes. A future pairing of Zion, Fox, Jonas V could do well surrounded by shooters. Ingram could be a legit #2 next to Embiid after a subsequent Tobias trade
Old 01-10-2022, 08:09 PM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I say that because I think Ingram could be had for the right price. There's not many players who are truly "untouchable". Like before the last season, I wouldn't have said Embiid was untouchable. There were already discussions about whether Zion and Brandon fit together.

What about a three team deal involving SAC, NO, and PHI. Ben to SAC, Fox to NO, and Ingram to Philly. Add in players here and there, but I think that's a trade that benefits all three teams. Ben would fit well alongside Mitchell, Haliburton, and Barnes. A future pairing of Zion, Fox, Jonas V could do well surrounded by shooters. Ingram could be a legit #2 next to Embiid after a subsequent Tobias trade
Would Morey's ego feel that Ingram is good enough for that deal to happen?

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #56
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

That seems like solid framework to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »