Home

Since some of you are Hating on Mike Vick w/o facts...

This is a discussion on Since some of you are Hating on Mike Vick w/o facts... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Since some of you are Hating on Mike Vick w/o facts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is a completely inaccurate statement. There are many people on both sides of the fence, and if you asked my opinion, I have heard more people who think he will NOT be an NFL QB than those who do.
I didnt say next big quarterback, next big THING. people are split on him playing qb i know, but to say its inaccurate is inaccurate, these are things IM hearing, reading about tebow. but since you brought it up people are sayin he needs to have as any touches as possible because of the type player he is..........who touches it more than ....saaaaay....the QUARTERBACK.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Hey man, I don't mind someone disagreeing as long as the provide their own opinion and back them up with reasons and such.

Just to yyour points though, which I agree with 100%, I do not know for sure in Vick's case whether it was what was best for the team in the grand scheme of things. I can not question that Vick presented a unique challenge for everyy D coordinator who faced him, but this accountability didn't always translate into wins and losses for the team.

Of course, it takes an entire team to win, but in the same sense the Falcons had to change their entire philosophy to account for Vick. when something or system didn't work, they had to change it which set the team back time and time again. IMO, this almost cancels out the accountability of the other team for Vick by keeping Atlanta from forming a true identity during the Vick years.
and that was my problem with the mora regime, they dint do that, they tried to makevick fit the offense as oppose to creating one for his talents and thats the problem a vick poses. that staff didnt use anyone correctly, never putting dunn in space, tosses to duckett, just enept. and thinking about it the only one i wouldnt apply to vick would be leadership, vick was very clutch, falcons were really garbage w/o him, trust me, he kept them in games though the suspect defense lost many(see playoffs vs Cards),decent stats i mean vick was just middle of the pack, if he had applied himself whoo knows.atlanta has too many distractions, farve stated the best thing for him was gettin out of the atl for that reason.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 10

rainesdaddy has summed up MV7's career most accurately in this thread. There are a lot of factors contributing to MV7's perception as a qb for those who didn't see his games on a regular basis which raines has brought into discussion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
and that was my problem with the mora regime, they dint do that, they tried to makevick fit the offense as oppose to creating one for his talents and thats the problem a vick poses. that staff didnt use anyone correctly, never putting dunn in space, tosses to duckett, just enept. and thinking about it the only one i wouldnt apply to vick would be leadership, vick was very clutch, falcons were really garbage w/o him, trust me, he kept them in games though the suspect defense lost many(see playoffs vs Cards),decent stats i mean vick was just middle of the pack, if he had applied himself whoo knows.atlanta has too many distractions, farve stated the best thing for him was gettin out of the atl for that reason.
Just for the sake of discussion, do you think the Falcons would have won more games under Mora had they had a traditional passer, and in turn would that have turned into greater long term success.

And ideally, since you seem to know what you are talking about, what kind of system would have worked best for Vick. And if so, would that be the kind of system that could consistently win in the playoffs?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Just for the sake of discussion, do you think the Falcons would have won more games under Mora had they had a traditional passer, and in turn would that have turned into greater long term success.

And ideally, since you seem to know what you are talking about, what kind of system would have worked best for Vick. And if so, would that be the kind of system that could consistently win in the playoffs?
maybe if mora had more of west coast guy, maybe, and i say maybe because they didnt seem to make any halftime adjustments. i think mora was overwhelmed. i dont profess to be a coach, but the type of offense i would use for him would be something to get him out of the pocket, his rating was in the high eighties, low nineties whenever he was, so something where the defense had to make a decision. if he had never been an animal lover, i think we'd see a much improved vick with this team, but i love ryan so im okay, i just felt he needed something more than crump.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Actually I far from anybody's troll. I was just way from the CPU....and anything I said all you all did was present "False Arguments" about Vick....You are consumed by the fact that he killed dogs.
I only remember one guy even mentioning it on here
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #95
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Lot of posts for just a crazy topic.

Whenever I post a thread, I hardly get any replies. LOL!

Vick was a great example of flash over substance. Unfortunately, you can't hide your flaws when your the most watched player on the field.

If he ever gets back in the league, he will never start again. I could see the Raiders or Cowboys signing him.

Whatever team gets him, the boycotting and bad press from PETA and the Humane Society will be unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #96
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Sucks the OP has the skins as his avitar....Please OS not all skins fans are in love with Mr. Vick. (I'm sure that there are 10+ pages of good points.)

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »