Home

crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

This is a discussion on crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #73
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

Simply put, Vince had a positive influence in 06 and contributed heavily.

As far as 07 goes, just about every aspect to that offense was a blackeye. When Vince wasn't making a bad read, one of his receivers was dropping a simple TD pass (I counted 5 that season, iirc). When a WR brought one in, someone got flagged for holding. When it seemed like the offense was moving the ball, the next set of downs started with 2 runs to LenDale White for 1 yard a piece leaving a 3rd and long. 2007 was a collective effort of crappy offense.

And after one preseason game in 09, he's apparently a lost cause. Kerry Collins was one routine catch by a defender away from a worse game than Vince's. Which, by the way, I've come to accept is a legitimate skill of Kerry's - there were multiple times in 08 where he really should have been picked off but somehow the defender botched the catch.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Simply put, Vince had a positive influence in 06 and contributed heavily.

As far as 07 goes, just about every aspect to that offense was a blackeye. When Vince wasn't making a bad read, one of his receivers was dropping a simple TD pass (I counted 5 that season, iirc). When a WR brought one in, someone got flagged for holding. When it seemed like the offense was moving the ball, the next set of downs started with 2 runs to LenDale White for 1 yard a piece leaving a 3rd and long. 2007 was a collective effort of crappy offense.

And after one preseason game in 09, he's apparently a lost cause. Kerry Collins was one routine catch by a defender away from a worse game than Vince's. Which, by the way, I've come to accept is a legitimate skill of Kerry's - there were multiple times in 08 where he really should have been picked off but somehow the defender botched the catch.
I don't care about his preseason game. Sure he runs like Steve Young, but he passes like Alex Smith. If he mostly ran, that'd be okay. But 4 out of 5 times, he's passing, and being Alex Smith 80% of the time ain't a good thing. Sure, he could suddenly turn it around and become a good QB. So could Alex Smith. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #75
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

You don't have to hold your breath, all I'm saying is hold your tongue on the absolutes and conclusions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #76
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

well here we are week eight titans 0-6 and VY starting let's see what he got.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »