Home

The Adrian Peterson Saga

This is a discussion on The Adrian Peterson Saga within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #97

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The Adrian Peterson Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
"Abused" is as overly used in society today as "broken" is in gaming forums.
Please, tell me more of this magical time when kids were just "whooped" (not "abused") and everyone that was "whooped" grew up to be well-adjusted human beings.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #98
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Please, tell me more of this magical time when kids were just "whooped" (not "abused") and everyone that was "whooped" grew up to be well-adjusted human beings.
Where did I mention anything at all about anything in your post?
Fish much?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #99
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
AP bench presses 350 and suffered the loss of a child beaten to death by the mother's BF less than 12 months ago. You'd think that would cause him to err on the side of caution when it came to physically disciplining a 4-year-old. Also, when you father 7 children by 5 different women, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to brag about having discipline and strong moral fibre as a result of "getting whooped" as a child.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #100
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Has anyone made that argument? Most responses defending physical punishment are merely contending that it worked/works in their experience...I don't think anyone has claimed that we should beat our way into a more well-adjusted society.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #101
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
The Radisson hotel chain has suspended their sponsorship with the Vikings, in lieu of the Peterson news.

Now, here's where things might get rolling...
I can see it getting worse... Larry Fitzgerald Sr. was interviewed on the radio here and he was relating how the press conference with the Vikes GM earlier was one of the most contentious and highly charged media conferences he's been involved with in 36 years as a sportswriter. Apparently the Peterson Saga is playing out a bit differently in Minny compared to the Rice situation as the public are really holding the Vikes accountable for their hypocrisy on this issue.

BTW my stance on this is that yes, i've been spanked with a belt and once with a cord but NEVER did my parents bust me up to the point I was bleeding or scarred more than superficially. I know in some segments of society that has happened and is acceptable but times have changed. You can't go beating your kid to the point that they need stitches, band aids etc etc. That just crosses a line that's not accepted in society today.

Oh and I love how Peterson says in those texts that it isn't his fault, his kid did it himself....Yeah the kid willingly fell down and busted up his head.

Give me a break!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #102
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Stop bringing weight into this argument, it's a mute point and doesn't matter. Really tired of hearing about it. Like I said before nobody finds a scale before disciplining their child.

Also why does him having 7 children with 5 different woman mater? He gets around, so what? There's plenty of famous and non famous people that do the same. He is paying child support for all of them so what does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #103

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Has anyone made that argument? Most responses defending physical punishment are merely contending that it worked/works in their experience...I don't think anyone has claimed that we should beat our way into a more well-adjusted society.
Read the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I wasnt there to see it so I dont know exactly what happen, but I do know parents now days lack discipline of their kids, and the reason there is so many worthless lazy kids in this world now days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
My maternal grandmother down south had one of those long-a** green hickory switches. She would tear your legs UP, and that switch would be cutting wind too. Back in the day, old folks didn't play. At home, Dad handled most of the discipline. We weren't spanked that often - the threat of getting hit with the belt kept us from doing too much dumb sh*t.
Fear is such great parenting. Reactive, not proactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Now I think of it I grew up in the wrong time,lol, cause when I was growing up your parents could knock your teeth down your throat and it wasnt considered child abuse, and a Timeout was used in sports only, and Principles could whip your rear too. That timeout BS that people do now just annoys me to know end, my sister and brother do that, and the closest they get to whippen their kids is when Im around they will say if you dont straighten up we will let your uncle whip you, tht usually does the trick cause they know I wont put up with being a bratt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
"Abused" is as overly used in society today as "broken" is in gaming forums.
I guess we should just turn a blind eye to things that are wrong, because that's what we did in the past. It obviously worked so much better, because nothing was wrong with the world then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Defending physical punishment (and no, I'm not talking about a smack on the behind with a hand) pretty much proves it DIDN'T work well in their case.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #104
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Read the thread.

Fear is such great parenting. Reactive, not proactive.

I guess we should just turn a blind eye to things that are wrong, because that's what we did in the past. It obviously worked so much better, because nothing was wrong with the world then.

Defending physical punishment (and no, I'm not talking about a smack on the behind with a hand) pretty much proves it DIDN'T work well in their case.
That is all in your opinion the same as we all have a opinion but none of us are saying that not disciplining a child with force is bad parenting so I would and I'm sure many others would appreciate it if you wouldn't say "spanking or beating" a child is.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »