Home

Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

This is a discussion on Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #145
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

When did Tyler Johnson win the Art Ross? I don't think he was ever an all-star either...

He has 22 points in 55 games. Extrapolated to 82 games, that's just under 33 points. His ATOI is 13:40 this season. Extrapolate that to 17:00 minutes, that would up the 33 to just under 41 points. That's not entirely horrifying for 5 M per year, but he's neutral possession player and not particularly physical or active in the defensive zone.

As far as the local boy sales, I'm not sure how much merch Deryk Engelland pushed for Vegas, but I imagine they got more from name recognizable players like MAF. Perhaps Seattle should throw some of their cap space in free agency after Taylor Hall or Dougie Hamilton.

Despite all I've said, we're in agreement that it'll likely come down to what Tampa is willing to kick in and if Seattle does end up with him, they will likely base at least part of any marketing campaign around him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #146

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
When did Tyler Johnson win the Art Ross? I don't think he was ever an all-star either...

He has 22 points in 55 games. Extrapolated to 82 games, that's just under 33 points. His ATOI is 13:40 this season. Extrapolate that to 17:00 minutes, that would up the 33 to just under 41 points. That's not entirely horrifying for 5 M per year, but he's neutral possession player and not particularly physical or active in the defensive zone.

As far as the local boy sales, I'm not sure how much merch Deryk Engelland pushed for Vegas, but I imagine they got more from name recognizable players like MAF. Perhaps Seattle should throw some of their cap space in free agency after Taylor Hall or Dougie Hamilton.

Despite all I've said, we're in agreement that it'll likely come down to what Tampa is willing to kick in and if Seattle does end up with him, they will likely base at least part of any marketing campaign around him.
I saw his hockeyrefernece profile and thought AR meant Art Ross. Turns out it's just all rookie lol.

But he was an all star in 2015.

And Engelland wasn't a good player, but he was still top 5 in Vegas jersey sales.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-13-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #147
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Maybe Seattle should grab Dylan Gambrell from San Jose then.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #148
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Saw my first Kraken merch. It was a full blown Seattle sports car with the Mariners, Seahawks, Kraken logos, may have been college and former teams too. 3000 miles away on the east coast.

You would miss the Kraken logo if you don’t know it. It was just the S with no other script on it. I wouldn’t have been sure if the other Seattle stickers didn’t give it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #149

Majingir's Arena

Seattle hires Dave Hakstol as their first ever coach.

Was the coach in Philly for 4 seasons and then with the Leafs as an assistant the last 2.

I hope Seattle wants Manny Malholtra as an assistant.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #150
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Pretty meh hire as a first coach. Was expecting Tocchet, which wasn't ideal but better than Hakstol. Had it been me, I would have gone with BBQ Bruce.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #151
All Star

rdnk's Arena

News is trickling out about protection lists. Most interesting names are Vladimir Tarasenko and Carey Price.

If I were Seattle, I'd pass on Price, but I'd probably take the gamble on Tarasenko. 29 years old with 2 years left on his deal at 7.5 M. Worst case scenario, you could buy him out after one season. Best case scenario is you get a bonafide top line winger. The opportunity cost here is Vince Dunn, who is fine, but unlikely to ever be a player to regret not selecting over Tarasenko.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #152

Majingir's Arena

Ovechkin and Price actually being part of the Kraken would be the craziest moment in expansion draft history for any league.

Sure, Price has a huge deal and Ovechkin is all but likely signing back with the Caps, but I want to see the pure chaos from that.

Ovechkin popping up on the unprotected players list to someone who might be looking back at the list in 10-20 years might raise both eyebrows to someone who might not have known he was a UFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »