Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 FAIRDALE_KINGS @ 07/16/08 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Does this mean that once the patch is released, someone is going to need to rename an entirely new roster to avoid any possible problems?

I just posted this on my site...

Once the patch is released I will begin working on the rosters from scratch. I've been strongly encouraged to wait until the patch has been released before working on the roster files. That is only because no one is absolutely 100% sure that rosters will continue to work post-patch. I would hate to name 116 teams and encounter a problem where teams begin disappearing again. That is just too much time and effort spent for no reason.

# 62 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Will we have to restart our Dynasty after the coming 2nd patch? This is rather important as well. Thanks!
You shouldn't have to. This bug only works with the roster file. Once you start a dynasty, it takes the currently loaded roster and adds it to the dynasty file. So that apparently fixes this bug (though you can't pull the roster OUT of dynasty, so that isn't a workaround... actually a feature some of us want).

However, if you want to use new rosters with your dynasty you will have to restart it. That's just how the game has always worked (see above) and nothing to do with the bug or patch.

# 63 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Props to Adam and EA for the lightning quick response! If the game play patch comes out 5-10 days after that I will......well forget it.

Adam, when will you, if you haven't already, start to try to identify the game play issues? Which issues are most important to fix according to the team?
We were in the process of compiling a list of issues to patch. And once we figured out this bug and how to fix it, that was put on hold and everyone focused on this one issue. Once this patch is wrapped up, we will go back to working on the other (as well as NCAA 2010).

# 64 TheDutchDad @ 07/16/08 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS

Once the patch is released I will begin working on the rosters from scratch. I've been strongly encouraged to wait until the patch has been released before working on the roster files. That is only because no one is absolutely 100% sure that rosters will continue to work post-patch. I would hate to name 116 teams and encounter a problem where teams begin disappearing again. That is just too much time and effort spent for no reason.
Will we be able to download your rosters once finished through your EA Locker, or are there problems with that?

# 65 ctdaprince @ 07/16/08 05:13 PM
EA has gained alot of respect back from me by getting this patch out early.

# 66 callmetaternuts @ 07/16/08 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We were in the process of compiling a list of issues to patch. And once we figured out this bug and how to fix it, that was put on hold and everyone focused on this one issue. Once this patch is wrapped up, we will go back to working on the other (as well as NCAA 2010).
Work never ends does it? A perpetual case of the Mondays i suppose......

Anywho, thanks for the update Adam! Hoping we can see a list of what can possibly be patched and see what we can get in there!

# 67 atlplayboy23 @ 07/16/08 05:23 PM
Wow im really impressed that is great work adam

# 68 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartracer24
OMT would you recommend once the new patch comes out to start from scratch and delete all save files including profile or should your profile be fine after the patch is installed? thanks in advance
Nah, only roster files will be affected by the patch.

# 69 BigDofBA @ 07/16/08 05:27 PM
The game came out the 15th. There was a problem and now it's fixed on the 16th. Good job EA!

Now if we can have a patch to tweak a few gameplay issues I will be completely satisfied!

# 70 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
You can't patch PS2, can you?
I don't think so. Why, does this bug happen on PS2 as well?! It shouldn't because it was caused by adding Western Kentucky. No teams were added to PS2 this year.

# 71 Anti Honor @ 07/16/08 05:29 PM
OMT,

Will the 2nd patch include a fix on the slider issue?

# 72 canes2008 @ 07/16/08 05:29 PM
cool atleast ea is finally listening to us

# 73 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS

Definitely try to load your old roster after the patch. It might still work. Don't delete anything you have already. If FIU is still there, your roster file may work fine after the patch.

# 74 Soonerd2 @ 07/16/08 05:34 PM
Why do the DT Rosters I downloaded work prior to the patch? There are so many threads it's hard to keep up with what exactly is going on.

# 75 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Will we be able to download your rosters once finished through your EA Locker, or are there problems with that?
Yes, we are fixing the EA Locker bug that forced you to reboot after downloading a file in this patch as well. It is pretty much related to the main bug.

# 76 Ruffy @ 07/16/08 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Definitely try to load your old roster after the patch. It might still work. Don't delete anything you have already. If FIU is still there, your roster file may work fine after the patch.
YEAH!!! Kudos to OMT to getting something out as fast as they can. You need to be applauded for this.....looking forward to all the improvements made to already very fun game (at least for me)...a buddy and me played a few unranked online games last night and had a blast...

The whole community involvement that EA appears to be taking with all their titles is very encouraging!!

# 77 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Why do the DT Rosters I downloaded work prior to the patch? There are so many threads it's hard to keep up with what exactly is going on.
They haven't been broken yet. I've confirmed myself that they can break if you continue editing them.

# 78 HustlinOwl @ 07/16/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
They haven't been broken yet. I've confirmed myself that they can break if you continue editing them.
Could you possibly try to break a set of the ps3 rosters that either peavy or lant are working on

# 79 adembroski @ 07/16/08 05:40 PM
Much love, Adam. Despite a disappointing release (the bugs I mean, the game is outstanding) I still have faith in the new direction for EA we're seeing, and you're a big part of that.

Thank you for sticking around, taking the heat, and letting us know what's going on. I know having people rip the game apart can't be easy on you. It's like pissing on someone's painting right in front of them. I'm trying to do my best to balance my criticisms with praise, I hope you don't take anything negative I say personally or as an attack on the game. When it comes down too it, it was worth every penny I spent... and that's even considering I probably should have waited a week cuz now I'm broke:P

# 80 Soonerd2 @ 07/16/08 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Do you break them by editing multiple players from different teams or just individual edits on players reguardless of teams?

I only ask because I edited every players equipment on Oklahoma's roster and haven't had a single problem.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.