Home
News Post

Here is a new NBA 2K9 teaser video.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Hassan Darkside @ 08/14/08 03:23 PM
I'm gonna assume that was the new shotstick being shown off. The graphics looked great though.

# 22 NumberOneRB @ 08/14/08 03:44 PM
Graphics look great for sure, 2K did a good job with the improvements to the player faces, skin and jersey textures, and crowd. Finally we have a basketball that looks like an official NBA basketball (2K always had the basketball seams undefined for some reason, now they actually have the seams BLACKENED).

This teaser was mostly a way to showcase the graphical improvements, since there wansn't enough time to see how the animations and overall gameplay are truly coming along. Can't applaud them enough for the improved jersey textures, it makes them look incredibly life-like and no longer "metallic-y." Also appears that they gave the uniforms an overall physics upgrade, since they appear to flow a lot more life-like now.

# 23 ai2k2 @ 08/14/08 03:45 PM
I want to see what i see when i pop the game in my 360. Enough with the fluff already.

# 24 youvalss @ 08/14/08 03:48 PM
Looks AWESOME!!! I'll be waiting for part II...

# 25 Rebel_INS @ 08/14/08 03:49 PM
I don't think some of u understand what the word "tease" means...

Complaining about this vid is like going 2 a strip club and getting mad cause the girl on your lap didn't do anything besides dance...

# 26 Muzyk23 @ 08/14/08 03:55 PM
invasion of guys in grey shirts behind the board lol! hehe

# 27 Bornindamecca @ 08/14/08 04:30 PM
I gotta agree with Rebel on this (stand up Brooklyn!). They do the same thing every year. We can't buy the game tonight, so what does it matter? Three days with the demo should be more than enough to know whether or not you're gonna buy the game. Most people on this board are gonna buy it anyway, so why cry?

It said "TEASER". That trailer was the very definition of a teaser. Besides, you guys care more about whether or not the lead pass exploit is fixed than what some silly trailer can show you.

# 28 Phillmattic @ 08/14/08 04:37 PM
Needs more Gilbert Arenas.

# 29 jmood88 @ 08/14/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyballer7
I got my hopes up for something that was so short. Oh well.....
A teaser isn't supposed to be long.

# 30 Moshood @ 08/14/08 04:52 PM
Damn those graphics look good. Better than Live even. Can't wait to get my hands on the demo.

# 31 bateman11 @ 08/14/08 05:11 PM
That crowd sound at the end...lol.

# 32 Goffs @ 08/14/08 05:16 PM
well i noticed the crowd faces looked more realistic...didnt notice the puff from Pierce till someone pointed it out here lol ...gotta watch it again

# 33 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/14/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
That crowd sound at the end...lol.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! They ruined the whole trailer! Are they gonna do anything about the crowd noise/sounds this year? That's one thing I don't like about 2k basketball games.

# 34 Goffs @ 08/14/08 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectskillz
NO1 thing to take note of when paul peirce goes up watch as Gasol goes spinning in the direction of the contact of paul. I'm assuming this is a new part of thier phyics engine dectection in air collisions *(I hope) not likely to be a part of the animation.

NO2 thing to not Paul's footwork all the way through and they way even the shoes bent realistically.
i wasnt aware that they were using a new physics engine?

# 35 Steve_OS @ 08/14/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
did momentousceltic make the video?
Yup.

# 36 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/14/08 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup.
momentous = GOD!

We can't ask him about the game can we?

# 37 rdelizo35 @ 08/14/08 05:35 PM
After watching the video, I really it looked real good. I'm curious to see what improvements they have made to gameplay and Association mode since I didn't get a chance to play NBA 2K8 last year.

# 38 rebe1 @ 08/14/08 05:46 PM
You're going to the wrong strip clubs... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS

Complaining about this vid is like going 2 a strip club and getting mad cause the girl on your lap didn't do anything besides dance...

# 39 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/14/08 06:08 PM
i knew it!!! when i downloaded it on firefox it says Momentous_Teaser01_Aug12

# 40 NINJAK2 @ 08/14/08 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS

co-sign on that rebel..

for a teaser it accomplishes what it's supposed to and that's to make me want more

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.