Here is a new NBA 2K9 teaser video.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DakkoN @ 08/14/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
This preview is nothing more, but something to create more assumptions. I mean seriously 79 days before release and we still don't have any official footage from 2ksports marketing camp.

Talk about bad priorities around there, they need to just start web leaking stuff, since they don't want to market the right way. Let the sites do it for them.

Video's, Updated screens etc. I mean seriously whats going on over there?

This preview is garbage, enough of all the articles with writers pretending to be excited.

Show us already!
Where you fellas keep getting 79 from? It's not even 2 months.

# 42 UnorthodoxSTAT @ 08/14/08 06:35 PM
For the love of god, why can't women be this amazing?

# 43 hapa17 @ 08/14/08 06:51 PM
the crowd noise....EXACTLY. i'd hate for the effect in the teaser not to reflect the crowd noise in the game! after a play like that, i wanna see people rising to their feet and a noticeable rise in energy in the crowd. not to mention this is in boston with the captain putting on a stellar move, presumably in the finals. mighta been more historical if they had ray allen putting on that sick reverse with pau rotating about a month late!

# 44 footballfanatic1 @ 08/14/08 06:55 PM
It looks amazing but it's probably not what the actual gameplay will look like. Either way, this game is going to be unreal.

Anyone know when the next few teasers are coming out? One per week maybe?

# 45 Vast @ 08/14/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnorthodoxSTAT
ummm im not going to touch that one. hhahah

# 46 DakkoN @ 08/14/08 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfanatic1
It looks amazing but it's probably not what the actual gameplay will look like.
How do you figure that? It's not hard to tell that video was all gameplay/replay mode

# 47 V.DiddYDavis @ 08/14/08 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnorthodoxSTAT

You serious? Imagine this only multiplied by a couple thousand and you get women my friend...

An NBA 2K9 Teaser Trailer is no where close to women, don't care if you were joking or not..

# 48 Superman @ 08/14/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyballer7
I got my hopes up for something that was so short. Oh well.....

Now you know exactly how your girlfriend feels...

lol sorry, I couldn't resist.

# 49 chance @ 08/14/08 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moefooljoe
I would just like to comment that the jersey and shorts physics look amazing this year. I have never seen team uniforms look this good in a game before. This, in my opinion, is a major graphical advantage 2k9 has over nba live 09 (who's uniforms never move or look real).
Yea glad they got rid of the silk like looking jerseys. lol

# 50 Bornindamecca @ 08/14/08 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi
NBA 2K doing what it always does. This is the calm before the storm. Each year, there's always it's fair share of doubters and detractors, rather it's because of the lack of information, Live releasing new videos and features, or its people that's flat out bored right now and can't wait for the game. Once they start releasing info and vids in september, you all will be in a frenzy. I seriously don't see why you guys would even doubt that 2K is going to bring it this year.

Alot of you played 2K8 so much at this point, that you're pretty much tired of it and have dissected everything that's wrong with the game, but if history is any indication as to what's to come, we know that 2K9 will be vastly improved. Also, to the people that's saying this probaly isn't real gameplay footage, I can't think of a time where 2K had anything along these lines, and it wasn't real gameplay footage. I've never seen 2K use CGI, or anything like that, so yeah, I'm pretty sure this is real gameplay footage.
I agree with everything you said, except that last bit. While I feel this is obviously gameplay footage, you're forgetting about the CG Lebron and Shaq that they used a while ago in their tech demos. This was back in 2k6, and maybe there was another one in 2k7. Clearly, those weren't the models used in the game.

# 51 23 @ 08/14/08 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I agree with everything you said, except that last bit. While I feel this is obviously gameplay footage, you're forgetting about the CG Lebron and Shaq that they used a while ago in their tech demos. This was back in 2k6, and maybe there was another one in 2k7. Clearly, those weren't the models used in the game.
CG was used in the Garnett video for 2k9

# 52 Bornindamecca @ 08/14/08 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
CG was used in the Garnett video for 2k9
I forgot about that.

...and the evidence continues to mount....

# 53 DakkoN @ 08/14/08 09:32 PM
Quote:
I forgot about that.

...and the evidence continues to mount....
Except the video with KG wasn't made by Momentous.

# 54 Bornindamecca @ 08/14/08 09:33 PM
I was only kidding, Dakkon. if you'll look at my previous post, you'll see that I said it was obviously a gameplay vid.

Quote:
While I feel this is obviously gameplay footage, you're forgetting about the CG Lebron and Shaq that they used a while ago in their tech demos. This was back in 2k6, and maybe there was another one in 2k7. Clearly, those weren't the models used in the game.

Just wanted to be clear on that. The only reason I brought up the tech demos is because he said he hadn't seen 2k use CG before. If you're going to make a case for this being gameplay footage, you can't build said case on misinfo.

# 55 Shakedowncapo @ 08/14/08 09:34 PM
n/m

# 56 Parasight @ 08/14/08 09:43 PM
Bynum clipping through Pierce and the lame crowd were disappointing. That said, everything else was neat. What you'd expect from a teaser. The mid-air adjustments look a lot smoother in transition than they were when previously implemented.

# 57 projectskillz @ 08/14/08 10:14 PM
thanks all american. Just to restate the in air physics collision is a really big deal. I hope you guys would appreciate that. And I hope that they have got the in air collisons physics put in for the ball handler as well but if not this year next year hopefully as that would just really blow 2k9 out the top.

# 58 born_bad @ 08/14/08 10:17 PM
I'm officially psyched if they made some tweaks to improve gameplay and also made that kind of jump in graphics (finally!). That's a great looking Pierce and the crowd looks real.

# 59 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 08/14/08 10:17 PM
It's good to see on the layup his head didn't get above the rim, or close for that matter. Pierce's ups have completely diminished over the years, and now when he dunks he rarely gets up there. (Unless he's got a ridiculous adrenaline rush)

# 60 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 08/14/08 10:26 PM
BTW can anyone tell if it says TD Banknorth Garden on the floor or Boston Celtics? They haven't had TD once since the Fleetcenter changed it's name.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.