Home
News Post

Just threw up another one. This one with the speed slider set at 45.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 edubbs @ 09/20/08 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
they still look to be tied in with the score overlay on the top of the screen? I saw a blocking foul being mentioned up there like last year.

but we do see a "info" overlay on the bottom of the screen when Parker is shooting the FT.. his school, years pro, etc...

there going in the right direction. but with the new TV presentation and cutscenes REAL stat overlays are a must.
TV style stat overlays during dead ball situations and during free throws have been already confirmed for this year during season mode. ie career avergaes, RPG, scoring averages etc.

One of the Devs. explained the details during the developer QA that 2ksports.com did.

# 22 akiracy @ 09/20/08 07:11 PM
2 things i noticed and i'm not done watching it yet

rafer's jog back down the court after he hit the jumper was extremely robotic

artest is #93 in this video and #96 in the OTS video which leads me to believe the OTS video is more up to date

# 23 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 07:14 PM
This is the best of the 3 by far, even with this guy not being able to properly play defence on Parker. The offencive sets run still leave things to be desired but it looks good. I see they still use that stupid/generic arena music this year that doesn't go at all and has no reverb what so ever... I really wish for Custom Arena Music this year, it will add so much to the atmosphere.

# 24 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/20/08 07:15 PM
Steve is this the final version of the game? You would have to be some kind of fool to not see that the 45 and 40 slider speed are more accurate than the default. Yud think the des would see this and do some last minn backend slider tweaks.

# 25 i c u cant stop me @ 09/20/08 07:19 PM
This is the best of the 3 videos so far the animations are awsome. i love towards the end when tony parker stole the ball and layed it up that looked so tony parker lol. and it looks like they steped up the arena music this year. example 3:50ish mark. and to the person who said it doesnt have reverb it does. i dont know what your hearing man. not trying to bash you or nothing.

EDIT: to those of you who wanna know if the game has real arena music just see if we can get a video at madison square garden where they pretty music play their music with the organ...

# 26 edubbs @ 09/20/08 07:19 PM
Thanks for posting these Steve, it's greatly appreciated.

Man, this game looks great!

# 27 Checmate101 @ 09/20/08 07:19 PM
^^^..I know I heard some different music, in this vid...I heard the knock off of Mystikal song "Here I Go" when the Rockets was bringing the ball up the floor.

# 28 Hooch20 @ 09/20/08 07:25 PM
I'm not really sure what to think. Sure some things might be better, but it looks pretty much like last year.

It's like all they did was add Living Rosters with the updated animations to last years game.

I'll buy this game because I'm an NBA junkie, but I'm not impressed from what I've seen.

# 29 OneBadMutha @ 09/20/08 07:26 PM
Best video by far.

Lots of nice new animations.

Defense looks much better than before.

45 seems like the best speed so far.

# 30 i c u cant stop me @ 09/20/08 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
^^^..I know I heard some different music, in this vid...I heard the knock off of Mystikal song "Here I Go" when the Rockets was bringing the ball up the floor.
I know right! lol i thought it was nice though.

# 31 amedawg00 @ 09/20/08 07:30 PM
This video was straight butter, and did the game justice. I anticipate so many "little things" threads in the months to come with this game; what with the shot stick 2.0 and the ability to alter shots mid-shot and increased CPU AI motion and movement, we are in for quite a treat.
2K9...We Reeeeady...We Reaaaady!
2K9...We Reeeeady...We Reaaaady!

# 32 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 07:31 PM
I dont know, maybe its just me but I didn't hear the reverb and the songs were pretty generic to me but Ill go back and listen again. I do like the speed at 45 the best, it gives a good balance between moves done on iso and break aways... that Tony Parker break away was perfect in its speed.

# 33 i c u cant stop me @ 09/20/08 07:36 PM
I have a question for people who say "something is the same as last year" ummm...you ever heard of the saying "if it isnt broke dont fix it?" example...madden remember when madden 2005 was the best one ever??? then they went to next gen and took out everything that made madden good? and to this day you still hear people say maybe next year with madden cause they messed up what wasnt broken in the first place.

# 34 trobinson97 @ 09/20/08 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
Omg these defense of stances are killin me
Defensive.

Great video Steve and thanks for taking the time.

I remember someone was saying earlier that you couldn't shoot off the dribble, I am glad to see that that is not true. That was a beautiful looking animation by Alston at the 3:32 mark of the game clock.

And oh my God, they played Mystikal (or a variation of "Here I Go") at around the 2:44 mark of the gameclock. That's tight!

Seeing Artest playing ball denial was nice, even if it was on Bowen. This will be nice putting top defensive players on top offensive ones.

The crowd and atmosphere is just sick.

# 35 Mr.Clutch_Knicks8 @ 09/20/08 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
I have a question for people who say "something is the same as last year" ummm...you ever heard of the saying "if it isnt broke dont fix it?" example...madden remember when madden 2005 was the best one ever??? then they went to next gen and took out everything that made madden good? and to this day you still hear people say maybe next year with madden cause they messed up what wasnt broken in the first place.
This guy makes sense.

# 36 i c u cant stop me @ 09/20/08 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
I dont know, maybe its just me but I didn't hear the reverb and the songs were pretty generic to me but Ill go back and listen again. I do like the speed at 45 the best, it gives a good balance between moves done on iso and break aways... that Tony Parker break away was perfect in its speed.
Try this if you have the time....if you have 2k8 try to just play your custom soundtracks like normal while you play the game then lisen to this video and you will notice the difference between reverb and no reverb.

# 37 HELLisFUN @ 09/20/08 07:42 PM
T-Mac looks dead on, they got his movement and his shooting down really well.

I cannot wait to use the Rockets! I mean I'm a Lakers first but come on how can you pass up a starting 5 of:

PG: T-Mac
SG: Battier
SF: Artest
PF: Scola
C: Yao

When someone uses Lakers, I'll counter that with Rockets and vice versa.

# 38 reptilexcq @ 09/20/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpEeRuHmEnT
It finally shows stats during free throws!!!!!!!!! But the CPU AI still looks generic. Runs down the court, call play, shoot. That's about it. No swinging the ball around or nothing
No it didn't!

# 39 i c u cant stop me @ 09/20/08 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Defensive.

Great video Steve and thanks for taking the time.

I remember someone was saying earlier that you couldn't shoot off the dribble, I am glad to see that that is not true. That was a beautiful looking animation by Alston at the 3:32 mark of the game clock.

And oh my God, they played Mystikal (or a variation of "Here I Go") at around the 2:44 mark of the gameclock. That's tight!

Seeing Artest playing ball denial was nice, even if it was on Bowen. This will be nice putting top defensive players on top offensive ones.

The crowd and atmosphere is just sick.
Iam lovin the mystikal jokes. i wonder what other knock off they put in. not trying to say they dont sound bad cause i think its neat.

# 40 Steve_OS @ 09/20/08 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
I call flop by Finley on the T-Mac drive at 1:05ish. Speed at 45 seems pretty good to me. This video looked the most natural out of all three. You gotta hit the open man off those screens though. The Parker drive and fall looked awesome. Just like a real game.
yeah, lol. I try my best, but there is lag when I capture... I hit em' when I'm playin.. just harder to judge things w/ the lagging capture hardware is all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.