Home
News Post

UGO has posted their preview of MLB '09: The Show.

Quote:
"It’s probably best to get this out of the way from the outset: I am not a sports guy and if I were, baseball would still rank pretty low among my interests. This is important because I’m about to fill you readers in on preview time spent with Sony’s PlayStation 3-exclusive baseball sim MLB 09: The Show. And while it’s not going to change the opinions of those who prefer other sports or no sports at all, the 2009 edition of The Show looks as though it will offer a deeper, more fulfilling simulation than ever before, with the added benefit of amped up visuals and player-tailored features."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 green94 @ 12/17/08 04:39 PM
40 Man Rosters!!!

# 2 jpup @ 12/17/08 04:42 PM
sounds amazing and I would guess that Sony is not going to be happy about this coming out. Can't wait for the game.

# 3 jpup @ 12/17/08 04:44 PM

Looks a lot like Turner field from this view.

# 4 nemesis04 @ 12/17/08 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
40 Man Rosters!!!
Is it a 40 man roster in the way we expect it though? Last year they said 40 man roster too.

It figures, a guy who has zero interest in baseball gets an early peak at the game, lol.

# 5 green94 @ 12/17/08 04:48 PM
I would assume so Nemisis - love the new crowd stuff too!

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

# 6 nemesis04 @ 12/17/08 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup

Looks a lot like Turner field from this view.
The government bailout plan came out just in time for Citi Corp. They have a lot of paying to do!

The stadium does look beautiful though!!

# 7 ty5oke @ 12/17/08 04:53 PM
Arbritration, trade rights, 40-man rosters, field ware and custom walk-up music. I'm very excited to hear this. Can't wait for more information to come out.

# 8 LL-Cool-P @ 12/17/08 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If figures, I guy who has zero interest in baseball gets an early peak at the game, lol.
Such is life.

# 9 ckarlic @ 12/17/08 05:01 PM
Loved the read...The screen looks amazing..also loved this part "– will dress according to the surrounding weather conditions"--sounds like a clue that weather might be included (or some sort of weather)

# 10 bodhiball @ 12/17/08 05:01 PM
The custom walk-up music is fantastic! And the fact they've added a voice recorder to add specific chants and calls from the crowd??? thats just nuts! (in a great way)

this is going to be an amazing experience.

cant wait for a review from someone who actually enjoys baseball

# 11 therizing02 @ 12/17/08 05:04 PM
At least the guy admitted that he wasn't a "sports gamer". I though he did a good job with the impressions.

Too many times we read reviews of sports games from people that don't know the difference between a football and a baseball yet slam a game left and right because there is so much that they don't have clue about.

# 12 Shakedowncapo @ 12/17/08 05:05 PM
UGO of all places? That place was hot in 2000...hahaha. Good to see the new features.

# 13 Sportsforever @ 12/17/08 05:06 PM
This sounds fantastic...if they give me the depth of ASB in franchise mode I will be blown away.

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/08 05:08 PM
Great info, the additions sound AWESOME. Custom walk up, YES ... Custom crowd chants, YES, field wear over time, weather, day/night cycles ... franchise features galore ... /DROOL!!!

Anyhow ... this pic here also isnt from the game ... it is the concept pic of the park that has been out for a while now.

# 15 ckarlic @ 12/17/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
The custom walk-up music is fantastic! And the fact they've added a voice recorder to add specific chants and calls from the crowd??? thats just nuts! (in a great way)

this is going to be an amazing experience.

cant wait for a review from someone who actually enjoys baseball
Yeah..the walk up music is really cool...Time to import my music to my ps3

# 16 green94 @ 12/17/08 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Loved the read...The screen looks amazing..also loved this part "– will dress according to the surrounding weather conditions"--sounds like a clue that weather might be included (or some sort of weather)
Good point on the weather piece, didn't even put 2 and 2 together there!

It seems the more I read/see (videos) about this game, I'm truly amazed about how much stuff they jammed into it this year. And this is just tip of the iceberg stuff. Amazing.

# 17 zjl630 @ 12/17/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

I noticed that the SNY logo is in CF, are they really going to be in the game? Or just for the pic?

# 18 nemesis04 @ 12/17/08 05:27 PM
I think that is just concept art for the actual stadium, not the stadium that is in the video game.

# 19 Jgainsey @ 12/17/08 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It figures, a guy who has zero interest in baseball gets an early peak at the game, lol.
I know, wtf? This guy almost seems annoyed to be reviewing the game. Yet he's the first person to get to review the game, or at least the first to make his public.

# 20 Shakedowncapo @ 12/17/08 05:36 PM
I imagine certain NDA's are up? Could we see some more previews tonight?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.