Home
News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their exclusive first look at MLB '09: The Show, including some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Think A-Rod chokes in the clutch? Ever shout "Dodgers suck!" or yell "Drewwwwwww" when J.D. walks up to the plate? MLB 09 is about to bring out the crazed fan in all of us as not only can you record your voice screaming anything from "Where's Madonna?" to "we want a pitcher not a belly itcher" and put it in the game thanks to peripherals like the Rock Band mic and wireless headset, the fan yells will sound like your voice actually coming from the stands. You can even assign the recordings to be part of a chant and your voice will be put through a new process so that it sounds more like a crowd chanting "over-rated" and not just a single person yelling."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jgainsey @ 12/19/08 11:29 AM

# 2 BKAraujo @ 12/19/08 11:29 AM
Cool rock on

# 3 Jgainsey @ 12/19/08 11:32 AM
Wow..

# 4 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 11:34 AM
Wow great find dude..Loved the screen of Nick Swisher getting congratulated at home after a HR

Also loved the shot of the Rays, i guess taking BP.

# 5 BKAraujo @ 12/19/08 11:36 AM
YES YES YES!!!!

Multi-Branch Fielding -- Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point.

# 6 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Wow..

That shot is a wow.
That lighting looks incredible.
September call ups...NICE.
Mikey.....I guess you got your field degradation
I hope they got the part about MLB updates in your game wrong to be franchise updates instead....

I'M READY!

M.K.
Knight165

# 7 Alliball @ 12/19/08 11:39 AM
See, this is why I told my wife that a PS3 was a great investment.

All the new stuff looks great, can't wait.

# 8 zippy2212 @ 12/19/08 11:42 AM
This is awesome!

I can't believe it. September call-ups, waivers, salary arbitration, etc. I could go on and on and on!

# 9 nemesis04 @ 12/19/08 11:45 AM
BP, I need this now! LOL

We get another difficulty level!

# 10 plote @ 12/19/08 11:47 AM
Quote:
Unrivaled Player Creator -- An infinite amount of options for creating players including everything right down to your own face with EyeToy (PS2 only). But it doesn't stop there. You can also adjust your personal rituals, swings  even emotions as you create Mini-You.

Why, God, why?

# 11 PsychoBulk @ 12/19/08 11:47 AM
My lord.

That Fenway screen looks incredible.

J-Rob did a good job on the points.

This is sounding like the surefire Baseball GOAT we all hoped it would be folks.

# 12 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 11:50 AM
Nice...."There is also a cool Roster Vault option where gamers can create their own custom rosters and upload them online for other gamers to use."

# 13 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
Is this a night-game? I don't really see a difference in the night-lighting from last year....where are the reflections on the helmet?
Quote:
Will there be batting practice during season games? or is this just for the ovverated road to the show mode?

Someone needs coffee .....STAT

M.K.
Knight165

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That shot is a wow.
That lighting looks incredible.
September call ups...NICE.
Mikey.....I guess you got your field degradation
I hope they got the part about MLB updates in your game wrong to be franchise updates instead....

I'M READY!

M.K.
Knight165
That Fenway shot looks AMAZING. Looks just like it under the roof there. The lighting is MUCH IMPROVED in night games, as well as you can noticed the different lighting cycle in the day ones in the first shot.

And the crowd diversity is a major upgrade. Nice to see the new Sox uni's in the Yankee shot as well!

And the features galore ... WOW!

I am thoroughly impressed. It just keeps getting better and better!

# 15 zippy2212 @ 12/19/08 11:52 AM
Quote:
Most of the long list of features listed are the same as last year...nothing looks very much different from last year... I'm gonna have to see this game in action to notice a difference...
I'm sure they didn't change everything from last year and just wanted to include the whole list of features. I remember they did that for 08 as well.

What they did change is good enough for me! Way to go SCEA guys!

# 16 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That Fenway shot looks AMAZING. Looks just like it under the roof there. The lighting is MUCH IMPROVED in night games, as well as you can noticed the different lighting cycle in the day ones in the first shot.

And the crowd diversity is a major upgrade. Nice to see the new Sox uni's in the Yankee shot as well!

And the features galore ... WOW!

I am thoroughly impressed. It just keeps getting better and better!

I Agree..Fenway looks awesome...ummm is it March yet????

# 17 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/08 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plote
Why, God, why?
I wonder if this was a misprint and meant to say PS3 Only. I think we need some confirmation. Would not make sense really.

# 18 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 11:54 AM
Quote:

who's the dude on the far-right? I thought Knoblauch retired years ago?....
Gardner?

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 11:55 AM
Quote:

who's the dude on the far-right? I thought Knoblauch retired years ago?....
That looks like the Melk man (Melky Cabrera)

# 20 Flightwhite24 @ 12/19/08 11:56 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I really didn't think this game could get that much better. This for me the only true must buy of the year. Peace!!!

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.