Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The latest Madden NFL 10 blog is online. This week it's all about creating the 'sim-style' gameplay.

Quote:
"From the very beginning of the year, we've tried to make clear our vision for Madden - one of authenticity, realism, & simulation (aka 'sim'). There is no doubt that we all want to turn this game into the most realistic version of Madden in history. This week I wanted to touch on some of the changes we've made (and struggles we've had) while trying to achieve this goal for Madden NFL 10."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SHO @ 03/10/09 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
With every blog, you guys are truly giving me hope.
C/S 100%

# 142 BigTigLSU @ 03/10/09 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
what is a "normal" gamer?
Better question is what about these guys equals "thug" or "gangsta"
they are playing a videogame on TV for a prize who does that correlate with being those things

# 143 RogueHominid @ 03/10/09 04:18 PM
My man crush on Ian grows by the day.

I really like that the team decided that the solution was to remove ALL animation speed compensations and fix their root causes. Why is this level of commitment and common sense so hard to come by?

Seriously, this is great news. Watching the new '10 models take the proper prep steps, etc, is pure joy. It makes the comparisons to '09 look ridiculous.

These blogs are a real treat, but I also think they're going to win over more customers. I'm teetering on the edge of making this a reserve/first-day purchase, and I haven't done that since '06. Keep up the good work!

# 144 Rocky @ 03/10/09 05:11 PM
Who drops back with the QB in Madden anyways?

J/K.

# 145 jfsolo @ 03/10/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Wow im surprise they are taking this seriously. Hope they took that rewind feature crap if they are going for sim style. But im really surprise they are taking the sim style seriously, the last time they took this seriously was madden 05 still the best madden i ever played. This is the new team for madden right if they are i like this team.

They've never taken it this seriously. In my opinion Madden 05 might have been less buggy then subsequent Maddens, but I don't think it was any more sim oriented.

The introduction of Playmaker in M04, and accompanying gameplay mechanic changes, began a streak of gimmick based games in which fundamental gameplay/A.I. flaws were at best band-aided over, and more often totally unchanged.

We've only seen some of the changes they're making for Madden 10, but what we have seen represents unprecedented shifts in the core gameplay for this series.

The name is the same, but I feel like its a brand new game with this being the first version of this new Franchise.

# 146 HealyMonster @ 03/10/09 07:37 PM
Im definitely a harsh critic of Madden, but I have to say that I am liking what I am seeing. Hopefully, and Im sure it will, my 2 main areas of complaints are being worked on. Tv style presentation, and the running game( IE holes, and less suction blocking and tackling)

# 147 capp34 @ 03/10/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
With all of these new sim-gameplay additions to Madden 10, does this mean the Madden Nation TV show will be cancelled, or might we see actual "normal" gamers on the show. Not these thug gangsters...
If they are thug gangsters to you you need to get out more.

# 148 Cryolemon @ 03/10/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols/bravesfan
I love Madden Nation!!!
I've not seen much of it, but what I've seen hardly made me want to watch more lol.

The "thug gangster" comments could be seen as racist by the way...

# 149 KANE699 @ 03/10/09 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I've not seen much of it, but what I've seen hardly made me want to watch more lol.

Watch a couple of the shows sometime, these guys are ridiculous.

Screaming in each others faces like if they said something back they would pull a gun on them right then and there over a game.

And then watching how they play the game.

Sickening.

# 150 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/10/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Not exactly sure what website you are using Tyrant, but this is what we are using for combine times.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2009com...e-results.html

And according to that, Mr. Ramon Foster from Tennessee ran THE slowest time this year...a 5.57

Just wanted to point the facts out.
Hey wasup Donny.

I used NFL.com here is the Link.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

I just noticed noticed something its the top performers of the NFL combine, So what I listed was the slowest time from the top performers, but it still showcases the fact that NCAA and NFL players at all positions run very fast.

I think its very important that no player in Madden get a speed lower than 75.

Do you agree Donny?

# 151 AlexBrady @ 03/10/09 10:20 PM
Quote:

Please, you sound ridiculous.

# 152 davep @ 03/10/09 10:29 PM
I have to say that I'm most impressed by the willingness to rip the band aids off and start fresh. It seems like in the previous versions when they wanted to improve something, they just crammed the proverbial square peg in the round hole...often resulting in odd animations that could only progressively get worse.

I think it takes an entirely new and extremely dedicated attitude to tear down some pieces and build anew. The proof will be in the pudding, but so far hats off to Ian and his team for at the very least tackling the monster instead of minimizing it. Maybe I can finally move off the 08 pc version next year!

# 153 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/10/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAking1013
Good post and good points but dont forget Fabian Washington is one of the fastest players in the NFL. So that may be a reason why he was able to catch up to Bradshaw,
I agree with your comment. You can see that Washington has some great speed, but You did see Bradshaw in that video run out of gas, and just wanted to show another factor into why a player might get caught from behind.

Thanks for you comment.

# 154 HealyMonster @ 03/11/09 09:27 AM
Quote:

your stupid, dont bring that crap in here, its not racist.

# 155 rudyjuly2 @ 03/11/09 10:10 AM
Every blog is filled with fantastic stuff. The direction the Madden team is taking is great. Looking forward to reading more stuff.

# 156 rudyjuly2 @ 03/11/09 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Great job, Ian and crew. You guys are blowing NCAA away with announcements and improvements to your game. A month ago, I never thought I would consider buying Madden instead of NCAA, but now you are really selling me. NCAA has a lot of catching up to do in my eyes.
Totally agree. As impressed as I am with Madden right now, I'm equally disappointed with the direction the NCAA team is going.

# 157 Cryolemon @ 03/11/09 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
your stupid, dont bring that crap in here, its not racist.
I don't think it's racist, but such things have been taken that way in the past.

# 158 cam4mav @ 03/11/09 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

I just noticed noticed something its the top performers of the NFL combine, So what I listed was the slowest time from the top performers, but it still showcases the fact that NCAA and NFL players at all positions run very fast.

I think its very important that no player in Madden get a speed lower than 75.

Do you agree Donny?
If they did that, I would put a much bigger emphasis on the acceleration rating.

I do think the top speeds need to be closer to what your saying though, even lineman can get going pretty fast if given the space to get up to speed. I am interested in how much of a factor ACC is compared to SPD as far as in game results.

That would be awesome if they could do another 40yd chart but put everyone at say 85 SPD and only change the ACC from 99 to 80, and show the 40 yard times, along with maybe 10 and 20 yard splits. That would be awesome to see

# 159 BSherrod @ 03/11/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Totally agree. As impressed as I am with Madden right now, I'm equally disappointed with the direction the NCAA team is going.
I usually get pretty upset when you hear people that only play Madden downplay NCAA because they don't really enjoy the college game or don't care about it, but this year I have to say NCAA is looking like the little brother right now. Hopefully we will see something soon that will make me think differently.

# 160 adembroski @ 03/11/09 04:36 PM
Quote:

If you choose to see it that way. Most "racism" begins with the person perceiving themselves as victims.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.