Home
News Post

The new patch to upgrade MLB 09: The Show to version 1.06 has been released. Here is a list of the fixes from Community Manager Ramone Russell (Russell_SCEA on our boards):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone Russell
MLB 09 The Show PS3: Patch 2 Addressed Issues

General:
  • AL and NL West (including Cubs) schedule addresses. Day games updated to correct time zone.
  • Addressed CPU Pitcher Energy from always full when pressing the quick menu while batting.
  • Fixed the issue when in the bullpen moving from last pitcher (closer) to top pitcher, the top pitcher's stats stay the same as the closer.
  • Inning pitched count corrected for pitchers during spring training. This is in ALL SEASON Modes.
  • Fixed AUTO BASERUNNING. Users should no longer be able to control steels for you or CPU using L1 and L2 in any game at any time.
  • Fixed the Movie Recording feature in both Replay and Replay Vault. Users should no longer get stuck after multiple recordings.
  • Players names not being called correctly in the audio. One specific item was Beltran being called Delgado and vice versa. This line used to be erroneously said for Juan Rivera. It has now been corrected to play for Casey Kotchman. This line used to be erroneously said for David Ortiz. This line used to be erroneously said for Miguel Cabrera. It has now been "disabled".
  • Career stats after going online and using weekly online Live Rosters or using the Online Roster Vault should now be correct.
  • Fixed issues with unbalanced trades when the rosters were full. 3 for 1 trades that will result in people being placed on waivers should now function.
  • Fix the problem in RTTS as the pitcher when a baserunner from 1st steals, the camera would sometimes swing around thru the crowd.
  • Fix switch hitter sub presentations using the wrong helmet sometimes.
  • Fix RTTS CP never getting a goal before the 1st pitch
  • Fix the Batter Training camera automatically being set to Catcher Cam.
  • Fix the Flashback Presentation X out problem.

Franchise Bugs

1.Fixed September 14 Road to the Show season lock.
2.Scouted players should now have feedback at the time of the amateur draft in June.
3.Fixed CPU roster control and lineup issue where users turn cpu roster control on, set a lineup, but lineup changes do not hold.
4.Fixed a bug where the user controlled team would not receive compensation picks when they lose Type A and B freeagents.
5.Fixed bug not allowing farm directors to be hired or fired. Just load into a franchise and fire a farm director during the off-season.
6.Addressed a problem where the title loses simulating functionality in franchise mode when addressing online requests.

Online:
1.Addressed Free Agents in the Online league Live draft. They should now be placed on teams through Roster Update are usable on user’s teams. (Guys like Manny Ramirez or Adam Dunn should now be available.)
2.Fixed Message Board bug that result in no messages being shown after changing full pages.
3.Reduced online game bandwidth usage.
4.Made minor change to the League create screen to Randomize the Draft time to various 30 minute increments from 12noon from 8pm.
An attempt to fix in-game disconnect issues in the production community. This is in an effort to stop the dreaded traffic delay problem the the community is reporting.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheDutchDad @ 04/27/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sox73b3
Is there a workaround? I don't know of a way to work with this, if you get too many injuries you are screwed.
Yeah, turn off injuries.

# 42 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/27/09 05:09 PM
I downloaded that roster as well and stats are all messed up for me entire yankee team basically. I tried uploading Ridins and it said no roster before patch 1.02 can be uploaded.

# 43 rudyjuly2 @ 04/27/09 05:09 PM
I want to know if anything was done to fix the lack of user fielding errors in this game. I also want to know why the DH fatigue wasn't fixed.

If anyone can confirm the removal of the L2 button to steal while auto baserunning, it would be great. If they removed that feature I won't even download the patch and go through the trouble of a patch that offers next to nothing for me.

# 44 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I downloaded that roster as well and stats are all messed up for me entire yankee team basically. I tried uploading Ridins and it said no roster before patch 1.02 can be uploaded.
Which roster? What stats are messed up? I only looked at Arods and he had his 554 HRs and everything else for him looked okay, but like I said he was the only player I checked that I knew had wacko stats before.

# 45 DubTrey1 @ 04/27/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I want to know if anything was done to fix the lack of user fielding errors in this game.
I am also wanting to know about this....

# 46 coreyhartsdaughter @ 04/27/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I am also wanting to know about this....
Isn't there a slider?

# 47 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/27/09 05:15 PM
The updated roster one. Check the starting lineup basically all players there are wrong stats.

# 48 dave_sz @ 04/27/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
Well, I just downloaded one of the two rosters in the Roster Vault currently, and it looks like it is an update of Ridin's or Knights rosters (not sure which it was called Updated Roster!!!) and it DID NOT have the career stat glitch as far as I can tell. I checked AROD and his stats were correct.

So, maybe re-uploading these roster files to the vault will fix that problem.
the one you downloaded is just the 4/27 update someone put in the vault. That's what it looks like to me at least...

# 49 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_sz
the one you downloaded is just the 4/27 update someone put in the vault. That's what it looks like to me at least...
I don't think so, it has full minors and guys like Millar and Jamie Walker.

# 50 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If anyone can confirm the removal of the L2 button to steal while auto baserunning, it would be great. If they removed that feature I won't even download the patch and go through the trouble of a patch that offers next to nothing for me.
Just tried this and it works.

# 51 elmetfano @ 04/27/09 05:23 PM
headsets please

# 52 sox73b3 @ 04/27/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Yeah, turn off injuries.
Unfortunately you are right, it just takes away from the roster management side of Franchise mode.

# 53 JohnnyRu31 @ 04/27/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
Which roster? What stats are messed up? I only looked at Arods and he had his 554 HRs and everything else for him looked okay, but like I said he was the only player I checked that I knew had wacko stats before.
They're still messed up with those. ARod is ok but there are lots of others. Check Billy Wagners save total. That's how I found out.

# 54 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
They're still messed up with those. ARod is ok but there are lots of others. Check Billy Wagners save total. That's how I found out.
Yep, you're right. Oh well...

# 55 firktaf @ 04/27/09 05:46 PM
Well, now I'm depressed. It's great that they fixed everything that they did(and it is a lot of things) but they didn't fix the RTTS regression problem and that was the only issue I had with the game. I've barely even touched the game for last couple weeks because of that and was hoping that the patch would fix it. I guess I'm just SOL(unless they do another patch which, imo, is unlikely) and won't do RTTS this year.

But again, it is great that they fixed that many things.

# 56 Stikskillz @ 04/27/09 05:47 PM
Does anyone know if the difficulty level for online leagues was addressed? For example, if the league was set up for Legend it automatically goes to Veteran once the game starts. Hopefully, it stays on Legend now.

# 57 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 05:49 PM
Like I have said before, I think the only rosters that will not have the career stat glitch will be SCEA 4/20 and SCEA 4/27 (today's). I have tested both of those.

The problem before was that once a new SCEA roster came out the previous rosters got the stat glitch. The reason why I think 4/20 SCEA roster is OK is because it does not have the stat glitch even after the new one came (4/27). And of course 4/27 which is today's wouldn't "show" the glitch yet anyway since there is no newer roster. But, I think it will be fine (4/27) since 4/20 is fine.

All rosters that you don't want to have the career stat glitch will have to originate from SCEA 4/20 (if these can be loaded to the vault, that is) or 4/27 (that is my current hypothesis).

# 58 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
Does anyone know if the difficulty level for online leagues was addressed? For example, if the league was set up for Legend it automatically goes to Veteran once the game starts. Hopefully, it stays on Legend now.
Sorry, brotha, I don't play online (and from the sounds of it I am glad I don't, lol).

# 59 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
Well, now I'm depressed. It's great that they fixed everything that they did(and it is a lot of things) but they didn't fix the RTTS regression problem and that was the only issue I had with the game. I've barely even touched the game for last couple weeks because of that and was hoping that the patch would fix it. I guess I'm just SOL(unless they do another patch which, imo, is unlikely) and won't do RTTS this year.

But again, it is great that they fixed that many things.
I don't play RTTS. What is that glitch? Can you do the workaround they posted on the first page of the patch is coming thread.

# 60 rumfinator @ 04/27/09 05:52 PM
Anybody having a problem with their franchise crashing after this update? Whenever I load my franchise and press R2 it quits out and goes to the dashboard.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.