Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tonynyy @ 05/01/09 05:29 PM
Here are some pictures of Adrian Peterson's running in different situations:

In traffic
Attachment 14990
In the open field
Attachment 14991
Sprinting
Attachment 14992

# 62 KANE699 @ 05/01/09 05:32 PM
Here's to a new sprinting animation like that last picture of AP.

# 63 tonynyy @ 05/01/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Here's a clip of AD. Again, his head is over his toes when in traffic, but when he breaks away, he leans back and lets loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vuoUJaiY5E

BTW, how do you embed video?

EDIT: I also noticed in the 09 demo video that the runner's elbows are a bit too far from the player's body. When you see players sprint in the NFL, their arms are very tight to the body (from a frontal view). The players also have some kind of bounce to their step, which I have no idea how to recreate .

# 64 Von Dozier @ 05/01/09 06:02 PM
Seriously huge improvement. 09 animation simply looks dated, while the new one looks like a whole new beast.

I do agree though he is going quite slow, but perhaps there are simply factors or reasons in why he's going a bit slow (speed slider, no turbo held down, etc)

If it's an animation issue, might need to speed it up a bit.

# 65 Montana16 @ 05/01/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
His right arm needs to get a little tighter to his body. People use that off arm to help accelerate.
I agree with this man.

# 66 KANE699 @ 05/01/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Seriously huge improvement. 09 animation simply looks dated, while the new one looks like a whole new beast.

I do agree though he is going quite slow, but perhaps there are simply factors or reasons in why he's going a bit slow (speed slider, no turbo held down, etc)

If it's an animation issue, might need to speed it up a bit.
That is Dustin Keller, it could actually just be a factor of his actual speed rating.

# 67 ch46647 @ 05/01/09 06:21 PM
It is absolutely amazing how much better the new animation looks compared to the old one. They are not even in the same ballpark as one another. Hopefully they are re-working all the running animations. This is going to make the game look a MILLION times better in motion!

I bet when Ian looked at those side by side he was amazed at what a difference it makes.

Thank you Ian and Anim80r!!!!

# 68 tonynyy @ 05/01/09 06:24 PM
Quote:
That is Dustin Keller, it could actually just be a factor of his actual speed rating.
BTW, did they get Keller's gear right?

# 69 cedwebb @ 05/01/09 06:28 PM
The player movement def looks alot more human than the 09 version which is great. He looks like he is leaning forward a bit to much. At first when the runner is in traffic that is ok but when he gets his speed up you should see the head look up and tilt back, and the back striaghten out instead of that leaned forward look. The other thing that I think would look better is getting that ball higher and tighter. IMO it is way too far from the body.

# 70 KANE699 @ 05/01/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
BTW, did they get Keller's gear right?

Nope he wears a revo helmet with the same facemask as Polamalu.

# 71 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/01/09 06:34 PM
I like the new style alot better . i agree it would be perfect if in full sprint it looked like old-gen madden would be perfect.

different guys run different a guy like devin hester , or T.O look like they have a form running video . then you look at someone like santana moss and desean jackson or chris johnson .they lean forward and seem like they are just in a effortless trott. the new animation looks way better to me . the thing i noticed in old madden was the players head going side to side . can someone add a vido of the old style of running . you would get a perfect view .

# 72 tonynyy @ 05/01/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Nope he wears a revo helmet with the same facemask as Polamalu.
Dayyum

# 73 kevster2 @ 05/01/09 06:57 PM
Way Better, nice job!!!

# 74 NYyankz225 @ 05/01/09 06:57 PM
Whoever posted that Adrian Peterson video, it's a good comparison to the McFadden one I posted earlier.

You can see (as Valdarez said) even in his full sprint for the 40 he definitely has more shoulder and head movement than McFadden...so it definitely depends on the player. As long as Ian confirms that the new animation he posted isn't a sprint then I think it's perfect. Hopefully the new sprint animations adds a little more movement while still having the runner upright with his hands pumping close to his body.

# 75 viewtifuljoe71 @ 05/01/09 07:08 PM
Actually they could possibly use the same animation for a sprinting player. Straighten the back, bring the ball in some more(closer to the body), and make the legs kick a smidge higher and make them move faster.

# 76 NYyankz225 @ 05/01/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtifuljoe71
Actually they could possibly use the same animation for a sprinting player. Straighten the back, bring the ball in some more(closer to the body), and make the legs kick a smidge higher and make them move faster.
If you change it obviously it is no longer the same animation...

# 77 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/01/09 07:31 PM
That defintely looks a ton better. really nice work. You see alot more movement with the shoulders and arms as he is running. Much more upper body movement.

Really very nice work!!!!

This is going in the right direction for sure.

I noticed you mention that this was one of the running animations. How many will there be? , and will it differ according to run style, the size of the player , or position?

Thanks

# 78 Smoke316 @ 05/01/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
this!

i like the direction where this is going keep up the good work IAN
Yep.. i think new animation is close to real life..especially for a guy his size..the 09 running was fine to an extent as well i think it can be used in spots because it does have a spinters look.. for break away runs.. maybe if u can somehow merge two..hmmm

# 79 viewtifuljoe71 @ 05/01/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
Yep.. i think new animation is close to real life..especially for a guy his size..the 09 running was fine to an extent as well i think it can be used in spots because it does have a spinters look.. for break away runs.. maybe if u can somehow merge two..hmmm
Maybe, but the knees in the 09 version were too high they would have to lower them a little.

# 80 Smoke316 @ 05/01/09 07:40 PM
Quote:
If last yrs runing animation was just just as a sprinting animation, would you be fine with that?..meaning it'll start out like the new one video ian put up and switch the current one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.