Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers more Season Showdown.

Quote:
"Last week we focused on the structure of Season Showdown and touched on a few of the ways you can earn Extra Credits. This week we will focus on one of the three main pillars of Extra Credits that center around gameplay, which is the Skills category.

Simply put, Skills credits are earned by showing off your skills on the sticks. Your ability to perform these skill moves will earn you and your school extra credits. You can’t rely on the CPU to perform these actions to get the credits, you must be the one that got the interception or forced the fumble if you want the extra credit. So if you are using the new Defensive Assist feature, which puts the player you have highlighted under CPU control as long as you are holding the A/X button down, you can let the CPU guide your player to where they need to be, but to earn the credit you will need to take back control of the player and make the play. As you will see in a moment, a majority of the Skills events are defensive based, so if defense isn’t your strong suit, Defensive Assist will be a great way to put you in a position to make plays and earn credits."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 TheWatcher @ 05/23/09 04:32 PM
I just think there's been too much time spent on online/online capable features the past couple seasons, when there are still a ton of things to be fixed with the game on the field. The game on the field is still the most important thing and all this online stuff does is divert attention from that fact.

Even though they have different groups working different parts, a lot of this stuff they've been doing requires a lot of time and resource from different groups. This is not good.

Season Showdown... It's kind of like putting a new stereo system in a junky car. You might smile while those beats are playing, but you just look crazy bobbing your head riding around with a rusted body and a loud sputtering engine that needs to be replaced.

# 142 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I just think there's been too much time spent on online/online capable features the past couple seasons, when there are still a ton of things to be fixed with the game on the field. The game on the field is still the most important thing and all this online stuff does is divert attention from that fact.

Even though they have different groups working different parts, a lot of this stuff they've been doing requires a lot of time and resource from different groups. This is not good.

Season Showdown... It's kind of like putting a new stereo system in a junky car. You might smile while those beats are playing, but you just look crazy bobbing your head riding around with a rusted body and a loud sputtering engine that needs to be replaced.
Exactly watcher. There is no reason for SS when the gameplay should the one that gets more attention. People want better gameplay and not feature people didn't ask for. SS is the worst idea I think ncaa dev team has ever come up with.Dont get me wrong the dev team did a good job on team build with ian help. They did a good job with other stuff. But adding a feature which no really asked for are requested is quite dumb to do.

# 143 sportzbro @ 05/23/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Ha, this is great Watcher.

# 144 MBFranchise @ 05/23/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Exactly watcher. There is no reason for SS when the gameplay should the one that gets more attention. People want better gameplay and not feature people didn't ask for. SS is the worst idea I think ncaa dev team has ever come up with.Dont get me wrong the dev team did a good job on team build with ian help. They did a good job with other stuff. But adding a feature which no really asked for are requested is quite dumb to do.
The reason for SS is to make money. If teeny-boppers and their moms buy this game because of SS, then EA will prove it was a valuable addition. EA has no real reason to cater to hardcore gamers since they will buy the game regardless. Instead, their focus is on reeling in more sales. Its a business, its about money. Why don't people understand this?

# 145 stoncold32 @ 05/23/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
no offense taken. But I'm not sure whats so meaningless about it.
Well, if you recall last year, they also said that multiple thing would be improved in the patches....such as DB zone/man coverage. None of which seemed to change at all after the patch.

# 146 stoncold32 @ 05/23/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
The reason for SS is to make money. If teeny-boppers and their moms buy this game because of SS, then EA will prove it was a valuable addition. EA has no real reason to cater to hardcore gamers since they will buy the game regardless. Instead, their focus is on reeling in more sales. Its a business, its about money. Why don't people understand this?
Agreed. It's not just a coincidence that it is called the "Coke Zero" SS. I wouldnt be surprised if Coke told EA they'd pony up much of the games budget if EA would make them more 'visible' in the game.

Throw in the Pontiac half-time/post-game placements, and EA wins whether we buy the game in mass, or not.

# 147 countryboy @ 05/23/09 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Well, if you recall last year, they also said that multiple thing would be improved in the patches....such as DB zone/man coverage. None of which seemed to change at all after the patch.
ok

# 148 TheWatcher @ 05/24/09 12:55 AM
Quote:
It sure is all about money, but that's a given like the sun is going to rise every morning... However, I sincerely doubt that teeny-boppers or many others will buy this game because of a feature like Season Showdown, lol. If they cut the feature tomorrow I highly doubt it would have an impact one way or the other. I feel like this is one of those features that just winds up being an eye-roller. At least online dynasty has some value. But this?

As I've said in the past, casuals--especially the youngest ones--buy the games primarily because it looks cool (graphics), and then because it's fun to play which they base off of the last game or through a friend. To them, the lack of realism in terms of being able to do unrealistic things is fun, to us it's a gamekiller.

The fact that they're spending so much time on this online stuff is perplexing, considering how small their fanbase is compared to Madden and other titles. It's time to make some priority changes. If I'm only pulling down like 700K to 800K sales which is what they've pushed about every year this gen, I don't see the point of spending so much time on online stuff. It's obviously not their bread and butter and not the reason people are buying this game as the sales haven't been leaping since adding any of it.

# 149 kmart2180 @ 05/24/09 03:10 AM
What Im wondering is why do they care so much about this SS when I havent seen 1 person say they would like the mode. Why even waiste time on these blogs when nobody cares about this garbage mode?

Who's idea was this things anyways? There had to have been a million other things that could have been done than this. How does 1 come up with a list of .....Ol/DL....QB deep/medium/short accuracy rating...SS......And SS ends up winning out.....things that make you say hmmmmmm.

I hate to be harsh but NCAA Football games are being bought by the hardcore fans of College Football. We'd appreciate a sim game before all these little uneeded gimmicky features make there way into the games.

# 150 boritter @ 05/24/09 04:57 AM
Quote:
I disagree. As I posted in another thread:
Madden and NHL and Fifa have really focused on gameplay the past few years and the gameplay has become TONS better. Fifa has surpassed Pro Evo in the eyes of most hardcore gamers just like EA's NHL series has leapfrogged the NHL2K series. Both NHL and Fifa got better by fixing the gameplay, not by appealing to casual gamers.

NCAA has not focused on gameplay and (SURPRISE!) the gameplay is still basically the same as it was in NCAA 07.

Furthermore, I doubt very many casual gamers are reading the EA Sports blog months before the game comes out. Only us hardcore fans do this. Also, read the Madden and NHL blogs and you'll see that they are dedicated to gameplay improvements. NCAA is the only blog that focuses on fluffy crap. If I wanted a gimmick game I would buy a Wii.

A game does not have to be casual to sell well. I think that is a terrible excuse.

# 151 tyler289 @ 05/24/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
I dont understand some of yall last year ncaa was better than madden
Yes, it was, but it looks like Madden is going to be much better than NCAA this year.

# 152 moylan1234 @ 05/24/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Yes, it was, but it looks like Madden is going to be much better than NCAA this year.
yes but looks can be decieving. why is everyone so quick to annoint Madden when we've all been fooled before?

# 153 tyler289 @ 05/24/09 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
yes but looks can be decieving. why is everyone so quick to annoint Madden when we've all been fooled before?
I think because people have had an interaction with the makers of the game and there has been a trust formed between Ian & co. that makes people believe that Madden is headed in the right direction (most I'm sure know it will be flawed) in many areas (gameplay, presentation, franchise). The features/blogs about Madden have been about things that the community has really clamored for. The NCAA ones have been okay, but some, like the SS blogs, are worthless to many/all of the people here, and custom endzones is okay I guess, and the stadium updates was for fans of about 20 schools.

# 154 moylan1234 @ 05/24/09 10:31 AM
but we all should know by now that until we have it our hands it's pointless to get overly excited. also keep in mind that many of those great madden blogs that you speak of also apply to ncaa

# 155 tyler289 @ 05/24/09 10:38 AM
Quote:
If you care to read some of ncaa blogs or madden blogs you would know that most of the things going into madden is also going into ncaa 10.... The 2 biggest that want be in ncaa 10... is the new QB ratings and the 9man tackles....PLUS MADDEN NEED MORE WORK THAN NCAA FOOTBALL THAT'S A FACT.
I've read all the blogs. There are many things going to NCAA that Madden has as well. That's great. What about the improved presentation in Madden? What about revamped injuries, what about the highlight-style show, what about all the things they still haven't released about Madden that NCAA will not have?

NCAA was better than Madden, but that doesn't mean NCAA didn't need a lot of work. I think NCAA10 will be a solid game, but no formation subs just really pisses me off, because it's been asked for for at least 3 years, and instead we get season showdown.

# 156 SHO @ 05/24/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
I dont understand some of yall last year ncaa was better than madden
Madden played better than NCAA, but Madden was boring.

# 157 MrOctober430 @ 05/24/09 01:17 PM
I think this feature looks cool.

# 158 Tuxedo9000 @ 05/24/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
/slap

# 159 baumy300 @ 05/24/09 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Yeah, but you're also a Seminoles fan

# 160 GoToledo @ 05/24/09 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
but we all should know by now that until we have it our hands it's pointless to get overly excited. also keep in mind that many of those great madden blogs that you speak of also apply to ncaa
This is exactly how I feel. I am going to wait until I play the games before I bash them or praise their gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.