Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted another NCAA Football 10 article. This one showing off what's new in the Dynasty mode.

Quote:
"I'm a Dynasty nerd. I admit it. When I hear about a game like "NCAA Football 10," EA can try to sell me on every back-of-the-box feature they've got, but I always follow up with one question: "What's new in Dynasty mode?"

Season after season, I recruit; I play; I recruit some more; and if things work out right, I can change a school's fortunes through a little button finesse and prospect-grooming.

But that just brings me back to my main question. What's new in Dynasty mode for "NCAA Football 10"?

I sat down with EA's architect of everything Dynasty, Ben Haumiller, to find out what's in store this season.

"Don't worry, it's my favorite subject, too," Haumiller says with a laugh about my obsession. "I can talk about Dynasty all day."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nxt @ 05/29/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
ESPN: I saw the ability to mix and match uniforms in the game for each team. How will that work?
Quote:
Ben Haumiller: In years past, you had your home uniform, your away uniform, and you might have a couple of alternates. But this year, we wanted to break these up into individual pieces because there are so many uniforms that are just the change of a pant color or something like that. So we broke all of these up so you can set your helmet, your jersey, your pants and your shoe color independent from each other. Just doing that right there, the number for the potential of alternate jerseys grew exponentially, especially for a team like Oregon who has different helmets and like eight different jersey tops and three or four different pants. If you're playing as Oregon, you can have a completely different uniform every game of the season.

I like this!

# 2 Wet Bandit @ 05/29/09 05:23 PM
Really hoping they're gonna release some more dynasty details at E3, but I'm not counting on it. I'm just having a hard time with "we added competitive recruiting and fixed a few things that were broken". That's great and all, but I've got the feeling that dynasty is going to feel pretty much exactly like last year. There's gotta be something they could have done to add a new dimension to it. Maybe adding in coaching staffs, with the ability to hire/fire coaches, get into bidding wars in the offseason to lure an OC away from a different school, those coaches affecting how your team plays, etc. Something like that would have added something new to the experience as opposed to "well, this isn't broke anymore".

# 3 J-Unit40 @ 05/29/09 05:29 PM
The uniform combination thing is sweet for many college fans (Oregon, Clemson, etc).

Nice little article. If recruiting is well done and they add some touches here and there, I'll be pretty satisfied.

Most importantly for a realistic Dynasty is the sim engine. I want stats that are reflective of the college season. I don't want every other QB throwing over 20 INTs and 30 TDs. That just weakens the experience for me.

# 4 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Really hoping they're gonna release some more dynasty details at E3, but I'm not counting on it. I'm just having a hard time with "we added competitive recruiting and fixed a few things that were broken". That's great and all, but I've got the feeling that dynasty is going to feel pretty much exactly like last year. There's gotta be something they could have done to add a new dimension to it. Maybe adding in coaching staffs, with the ability to hire/fire coaches, get into bidding wars in the offseason to lure an OC away from a different school, those coaches affecting how your team plays, etc. Something like that would have added something new to the experience as opposed to "well, this isn't broke anymore".
Yeah everytime Ben H. does an interview I feel less and less confident about 10! He mentioned nothing new in that interview. Presentation sucked in dynasty mode what about that? Last gen was great making the SI cover was all I wanted to do every week.

# 5 Lava @ 05/29/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I like this!
It certainly bodes well for TeamBuilder.

This answer just made me laugh and shake my head though, because of SS.

"ESPN: You talked about how Team Builder was the most requested new feature in "NCAA Football 10." How much influence do the fans really have over what makes it inside the product each year?

Ben Haumiller:
They actually have a big impact. We're on the boards a lot and interacting with guys all the time to talk about the game in general and what they want to see added. They have a big influence on what we're doing and where we're going. Those are the guys who know the game inside and out. They know the game as well as we do, and it's my job to know the game. It's great to get their feedback and talk to them because they are truly passionate about what's going in the game and they are always very opinionated about what they like and don't like about the game. We definitely enjoy talking to them. It's like OK, we got Team Builder off the list, what's the next biggest thing you want to see in "NCAA Football 11"? We take that all into account as we head back to the drawing board for next year."

# 6 Husker_OS @ 05/29/09 06:00 PM
So even non-teambuilder teams will have that uniform selector ability? Nice. I doubt I'll ever use it with Bama, but for other teams that'll be a sweet option.

# 7 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
This answer just made me laugh and shake my head though, because of SS.

"ESPN: You talked about how Team Builder was the most requested new feature in "NCAA Football 10." How much influence do the fans really have over what makes it inside the product each year?

Ben Haumiller: They actually have a big impact. We're on the boards a lot and interacting with guys all the time to talk about the game in general and what they want to see added. They have a big influence on what we're doing and where we're going. Those are the guys who know the game inside and out. They know the game as well as we do, and it's my job to know the game. It's great to get their feedback and talk to them because they are truly passionate about what's going in the game and they are always very opinionated about what they like and don't like about the game. We definitely enjoy talking to them. It's like OK, we got Team Builder off the list, what's the next biggest thing you want to see in "NCAA Football 11"? We take that all into account as we head back to the drawing board for next year."
Lets not for get windsocks! Who asks for that? By show of hands.

# 8 UtahUtes32 @ 05/29/09 06:19 PM
that will be awesome when Utah goes to Oregon this year, i love all their uniforms

# 9 Solidice @ 05/29/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Lets not for get windsocks! Who asks for that? By show of hands.

ok, joking aside, if they weren't in the game, people would be complaining that EA hates details and that there should be windsocks. can't have it both ways.

love being able to mix-n-match uniforms.
that Guarantees that I'll be able to use all 8 combos that Texas Tech has worn over the last few years with the current uniform set. also helps out with created Teams a lot. instead of 4 total uniform combos, this puts it around 16.

# 10 bigdawg @ 05/29/09 06:44 PM
I have a question. When he mentioned that if you guess the offenses play and you guess right what happens. I mean will your offense get blown up like in the old Tecmo Bowl days?

# 11 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

ok, joking aside, if they weren't in the game, people would be complaining that EA hates details and that there should be windsocks. can't have it both ways.

that Guarantees that I'll be able to use all 8 combos that Texas Tech has worn over the last few years with the current uniform set. also helps out with created Teams a lot. instead of 4 total uniform combos, this puts it around 16.
LOL good 1!

My problem is priorities in the details. I think they place they're time in the wrong areas like bands on the field IMO this will be something I watch once (maybe) and thats it.

# 12 OMT @ 05/29/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

I love the windsocks running joke! Its funny cause that was the first blog I was asked to do, and I was told it would be about the bowl game endzones. Them I'm told I will also be talking about field goal nets and windsocks. I didn't even KNOW we had windsocks! I knew we finally had flags, which is essentially what the windsocks are, but that one really came out of the blue for me. That should give you an indication about how minor of a feature they were. I also submitted it to the web guys without a title, so someone there named it "It's in the Details" which made me groan.

# 13 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I love the windsocks running joke! Its funny cause that was the first blog I was asked to do, and I was told it would be about the bowl game endzones. Them I'm told I will also be talking about field goal nets and windsocks. I didn't even KNOW we had windsocks! I knew we finally had flags, which is essentially what the windsocks are, but that one really came out of the blue for me. That should give you an indication about how minor of a feature they were. I also submitted it to the web guys without a title, so someone there named it "It's in the Details" which made me groan.
I can understand that ,but when they asked Ben H. about improved presentation he mentioned windsocks. Either he is completely out of touch or has a great sense of humor.

# 14 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 07:31 PM
YES!!!!!! MIX AND MATCH UNIFORMS!!!!! That just made my day after having two two hour exams this morning. IM SO HAPPY THAT THEY DID THIS!!!!!! THANK YOU EA!!!!! Can't wait to use UNC- Navy Blue babbyyyy!!!!

# 15 GoToledo @ 05/29/09 08:06 PM
I wonder if we will be able to choose the CPU opponent's uniform as well in dynasty like last gen and NHL 09?

# 16 thudias @ 05/29/09 08:53 PM
underwhelming dynasty info

# 17 yanks26ngoin @ 05/29/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
ESPN: What if you don't have online capabilities for your 360 or PS3? Is there still an option to create your own schools using your console?
Ben Haumiller: You can create schools through the Web application, but you will not be able to get those schools into your game unless you have an online connection.
Way to not answer the question, Ben. Why is it that every interview Ben does, there is always 1 or 2 questions that Ben doesnt answer what the question was specifically?

I think Tiburon needs to let somebody else do an interview, because Im sure I am not alone in saying that every interview with Ben makes me less excited about the game.

But Bens answer about how much influence the community has, or something to that effect made me crack up. If the community really has alot of influence, season showdown wouldnt be in, more equipment would be added, an Athletic Director mode would be in and all stadiums and uniforms and endzone art would be added.

# 18 boritter @ 05/29/09 08:59 PM
Unis sound sweet. It worries me that all they did to improve dynasty was fix last year's bugs and add competitive recruiting. Dynasty has the most replay value but it sounds like expanding it's features were not a priority this year.

Also, if the gaming community has such an influence over the game, please add all the features in my signature that have been missing for years.

# 19 Lava @ 05/29/09 09:26 PM
OMT, can you confirm that mix and match will apply to our TeamBuilder teams as well?

From the way it sounds, I'm pretty sure it does...but confirmation is always nice!

# 20 AuburnAlumni @ 05/29/09 09:39 PM
That was probably the most exciting article regarding NCAA 10 I've read yet.

Damn that was nice.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.