Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Yahoo! Finance has the scoop. Feature list included.

Quote:
"2K Sports today announced NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide pre-season fun for basketball fans leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Planned for release this September on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system,, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player with the utmost detail and, for the first time in the NBA 2K series, begin their career by experiencing the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned, ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.

“We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches this fall.”"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 blingballa333 @ 07/28/09 02:41 PM

If these new customizable features are not available in Edit Player for the real NBA players I will be greatly dissapointed. But aside from that this seems like it will be a fun little feature to dink around with until the game releases

# 62 wrestlinggod1 @ 07/28/09 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333

If these new customizable features are not available in Edit Player for the real NBA players I will be greatly dissapointed. But aside from that this seems like it will be a fun little feature to dink around with until the game releases
ok we got it the first two times

# 63 mobiuseinz @ 07/28/09 02:48 PM
I think this is a great idea! I also love how they have playing styles!!! (Scorer, slasher, passer? Banger? etc.) Adds a lot of depth to the game, esp so many sig moves.

# 64 jmood88 @ 07/28/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
We've asked for customization options for years now. .Some are old ones that they are adding back in... finger straps...lol that is an old one
It's in the game now so what difference does it make? It's not like they had a press release touting their new finger strap feature or have one of their developers write a blog about how they have finger straps in now.

# 65 DC @ 07/28/09 02:54 PM
I just know they better have the Cavs headband color fixed for home games

# 66 jmood88 @ 07/28/09 02:55 PM
Oh **** I forgot all about lebronze the headband wonder.

# 67 23 @ 07/28/09 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's in the game now so what difference does it make? It's not like they had a press release touting their new finger strap feature.

Im not sure what your point is.. dont take a piece of my post and try to make it into something else dude.

# 68 jmood88 @ 07/28/09 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im not sure what your point is.. dont take a piece of my post and try to make it into something else dude.
What's the point of saying that they should've had it in awhile ago when they have them in now?

# 69 DW3 @ 07/28/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
It's in the game now so what difference does it make? It's not like they had a press release touting their new finger strap feature or have one of their developers write a blog about how they have finger straps in now.

i bet someone will not get that jab! lol!

# 70 DakkoN @ 07/28/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
What's the point of saying that they should've had it in awhile ago when they have them in now?
Because they should of been in 2..3..4... years ago when people were bringing them up... That's what the point is. I guess it's against the internet law to say that something is long overdue.

# 71 DW3 @ 07/28/09 03:08 PM
i for one like career modes. hell thats the reason i bought nba 09! cant wait to check it out. btw, the graphics do lok exactly like 2k9.5 Simballer got on my case the last time i said it( the new shaq pic a few weeks ago). LOL!

# 72 23 @ 07/28/09 03:09 PM
The point is, its something here you are being charged for

...and it should already be there...but again, you take a piece of my post to fit your arguing agenda.

# 73 jmood88 @ 07/28/09 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The point is, its something here you are being charged for

...and it should already be there...but again, you take a piece of my post to fit your arguing agenda.
You're not being charged for finger straps, you're being charged for the mode. Now if they won't let you edit players like that in the regular game then that's one thing but I doubt that that's going to happen. The rest of your post had nothing to do with the finger straps, which is why I took it out.

# 74 23 @ 07/28/09 03:13 PM
Quote:
You're not being charged for finger straps, you're being charged for the mode. Now if they won't let you edit players like that in the regular game then that's one thing but I doubt that that's going to happen. The rest of your post had nothing to do with the finger straps, which is why I took it out.
Okay Jmood... thanks for the input man.

That said it will be nice to be able to play some ball much earlier, especially since there is none on tv this summer.

# 75 rockchisler @ 07/28/09 03:16 PM
I like that they incorporated Attack Athletics into this, very nice.

# 76 rockchisler @ 07/28/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Okay Jmood... thanks for the input man.

That said it will be nice to be able to play some ball much earlier, especially since there is none on tv this summer.
Thanks to Espn Classics I have been dvr'ing classic games, hmm Lakers vs Cavs 2004. Lebron's first Match up against LA in Cleveland1 of my 20 plus games on here.

# 77 Fabric @ 07/28/09 03:20 PM
Why wouldn't any of this be integrated into the real game? I don't really understand the logic behind assuming that the devs would be such big a-holes that they'd purposely leave these great additions out of the real game..?

Anyhoo, I think that the Draft Combine DLC is great news and the preview is also more complex than I first assumed when we heard about it earlier. And since I love screwing around with the CAP feature this has gotten me really excited

Stuff to be excited for if you like messing around with the CAP:
- New tattoos
- More accessories
- More signature styles
- Customisable shoes
- Eyebrows
- The return of the "Randomize face" feature!

I'm also looking forward to see what impact "Play style" has on game play, chemistry and/or the generated statistics during simulation in Association mode

A thing that worries me is that there only seems to be a primary position and that they've completely removed the secondary position, which seems to be a wrong decision, but let's see if maybe they rectify this by the release of 2k10

I'm also hoping that the "My Player" feature means the end for the irritating grey silhouettes for CAPs, because otherwise the career mode would quickly loose some of the fun

My main concern is the absence of "Europe" in the Yahoo! article, when they mentioned where the DLC will be released. I just hope they won't screw us over like they've done in the past (no 2k8 patch for PS3, continuous delays of the game and only releasing the demos when the game is already out)

# 78 B-Wills @ 07/28/09 03:24 PM
Looks really good, but do we have to have XBL or PSN to do all this? I'm not really into online gaming....

Basically what I'm asking is that will this be a new game mode for offline too?

# 79 Nodima @ 07/28/09 03:31 PM
They already had player types as basic packages in the past few 2Ks, I'm not sure that these are necessarily any different or more effective on the end game than those were. I'll be optimistic, though.

# 80 ai2k2 @ 07/28/09 03:33 PM
The fidelity of the graphics looks cheap

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.