Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one covers, shooting the rock. Screenshots and 10 minute gameplay video included.

Quote:
"Hi again Live fans. Well, this is the last gameplay blog you guys will see before the NBA Live 10 demo hits PSN and XBL next week. I’m really looking forward to seeing all your homemade videos and reading your feedback. Keep in mind that the demo isn’t final code, so it’s really just a taste of what you’ll see in the full game. Take my word for it, one of the real strengths of Live this year is playing with and against all the different players and teams, which unfortunately, you won’t be able to do in the demo. But I’ll let Novell speak in more detail on just how deep the AI upgrade was this year and how we took player/team differentiation to the next level with Dynamic DNA. I know you sim-heads out there are gonna love it, so expect that blog in the near future.

But with the demo coming soon, we thought it would be good to give you one more tutorial to help you hit the ground running with some of the new gameplay mechanics. And today we’ll talk about everybody’s favorite subject: shooting the basketball."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 GSW @ 09/04/09 04:00 PM
Come Oct 6th we all better just Kiss da Baby

# 142 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
its not there is nothing wrong with the vid, noone said that it was perfect so I dont know where you are seeing that, it just that the game gets so many MAJOR things right that it is just extremely impressive.

and thats fine. But there is nothing wrong with observing and seeing some negatives in a good video.

# 143 joel0078 @ 09/04/09 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Eh? The Knicks-Warriors was a CPU-only game and they were popping jumpers everywhere just like they do IRL.
I thought all games were computer vs computer? Maybe I'm wrong. In any event, you're right, they were popping jumpers left and right in the NYK and GSW game. And I'm not knocking the game, I'm looking forward to it. But taking the ball to the bucket on the majority of possessions in the other games that were shown, isn't real life. All I'm saying is I hope the computer doesn't show a tendancy to drive, drive, drive, all the time. Not that it matters, because I'm sure a slider change can adjust that.

# 144 Nephilim @ 09/04/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. That doesnt even make sense. I'm losing money if you dont buy Live. If Live tanks its possible my stock value goes down. I get nothing if 2k does well.
Yes it does. Live gets you money you just like 2k better. And once again so what.... But you do.

# 145 WTF @ 09/04/09 04:01 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that it's perfect, and that we can't find anything wrong with it. But the things that were evident last year, look to be addressed, and there are VERY noticeable improvements in the areas that needed to be improved upon. Animation wise, albeit there were some questionable transition animations, and a few things here and there that I didn't like, the vast majority of the video was pure money.

And I think a lot of the posters here are looking at these videos, seeing the huge improvement that has been made in one year of development. The guys at EA have listened to a lot of the complaints that were voiced in this forum after release last year, and it shows that they have went forth and addressed them in part.

Is that saying that the game is going to be fault proof? No, and Mike, Steph and the fellas have not once said that this is the messiah of bball games. But from the playbooks, to the atmosphere, to the presentation, to the animations, to the intuitive new controls, to my man Da Czar's impressions, this title is leaps and bounds better than anything EA has released in years past.

When the other game finally gets off their marketing behinds and posts some gameplay video, I expect to see the same type of posts, declaring that it is the next messiah of virtual bball. It's an endless cycle.

With that said, I can't wait for both titles. But for the moment, NBA Live 10 has earned a day 1 purchase from me.

# 146 Da_Czar @ 09/04/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm glad you can admit that. It's pretty evident here.
It evident everywhere man. now you just posted earlier

"put these games under an equal microscope tat way and you'll either go crazy or end up looking that way.

these developers do the best they can and overall they do a great job of masking things the tech just can't handle. when you have as many animations as these games do you're going to see problems.
they've done a great job for the most part. but you can always get better. Always. "

i though that was a hell of a critique.

It just doesn't always apply to your opinions on live. Now when stumble is in the 2k forum giving his honest critique guys have a serious problem with that and its okay to start the whole "live" guys routine. That's not right.

@ aholbert Considering what pared said above and knowing no game is perfect should that really be our goal. To watch something Just to see what is wrong with it ?

is it not okay for guys to acknowlege the improvements they feel live has made and be able to get excited about that ? I would love to hear you and P's honest critique of the 2k combine and see if your as even handed.

# 147 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
I thought all games were computer vs computer? Maybe I'm wrong. In any event, you're right, they were popping jumpers left and right in the NYK and GSW game. And I'm not knocking the game, I'm looking forward to it. But taking the ball to the bucket on the majority of possessions in the other games that were shown, isn't real life. All I'm saying is I hope the computer doesn't show a tendancy to drive, drive, drive, all the time. Not that it matters, because I'm sure a slider change can adjust that.
FYI, you can tell if it's CPU or a user by whether or not you see the blue "eyes" arrow beneath the player. Mike was controlling the Nuggets and Hornets for sure because I remember noticing the arrow beneath those players. No arrows for GSW/Knicks, plus he mentioned that was a CPU-CPU game in the article.

# 148 NINJAK2 @ 09/04/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Personally,

Yea, I could sit down and write up a list of 50+ things wrong witht he game play in that 10 mintue clip.

But it is ntohing that hasnt been in basketball games forever.

and its nothing that the competition isnt suffering from as well.

I would rather play a game that gives me control, then and a game that looks pretty but has no control.

thats just me.

But I am nto one to go into a thread and just start poitning out problems if I know they are issues in the other game I play as well....espeically when some of the problems will be fixed with the DNA updates.

just me though.
So if the problems you noticed existed in other hoop games since forever you won't bother to point them out? Do you want those problems to be remedied? Just curoius..let's see if others hold to this belief when the comp drops vids (If ever).

# 149 WTF @ 09/04/09 04:04 PM
to Da Czar

# 150 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 04:06 PM
how can you honestly say that that vid was not impressive. We have never had a true sim NBA game, though 2k7 was close, and that is the closest to pure sim. Were there problems? YES. But they are small problems that we have been facing for years. For example

Minor Sliding, especially when evading a pick- This was the least amount of sliding that I have seen, and it happened very rarely

Overactive Bench- This is another small detail that doesn't effect my experience very much

Stiff/Awkward Player Movement- Could have been the quality of the capture, it could just be one of Live 10's problems, but honestly that gameplay/control is so tight that it doesn't even matter much to be.

Awkward Animation transitions- This is very evident in the transition from showing injury to nromal as well as in the post play camera cuts after a made basket, is it annoying yes, but once again it is is small to me since the tendencies look great.

The fact is compared to last year's two basketball games, which were horrible in my mind gameplay wise (yes even 2K9, which was terrible gameplay wise), this is such a step up. THATS why everyone is so impressed.

# 151 bigeastbumrush @ 09/04/09 04:07 PM
Damn...some of y'all so damn negative.

That clip was the best videogame representation of an NBA game that I have EVER seen.

And I appreciate Mike taking his time out to do that...cuz you know he had OS in mind. Shoot...it's the damn teams we requested.

That being said...y'all killing this thread with that nonsense. Sometimes you just gotta say your peace and KIM. Not get with that back and forth nonsense.

# 152 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
and thats fine. But there is nothing wrong with observing and seeing some negatives in a good video.
did I ever say that there was? No

# 153 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:07 PM
Quote:
I didn't really see anything glaring at all. I'll watch it again at home in full screen, but it was pretty damn nice to me. If those things you mentioned were about the extent of your complaints, then I don't know what to say. Elaborate if you want to, I think we're all adults here and can deal with some Live criticism ha... genuinely interested to see what you didn't like so I can go see if I see the same issues.

Actually you should be happy those were the extent of my complaints. That means it was a good video. See I'm not buying this game for one week or one month and then get bored and play something new. I'm buying it so I can play it all season. So in February, Amare gets traded to a team and I have to play all season with two players with the number 1 on the same team I will be irritated. In January, if people are consistently being able to throw mid and 3/4 passes w/ no problems...I'll be upset. So its better for me to bring it up now so that Marcus or Mike can pick it up before release or in the 1st patch.

That serves this game better than yelling "Live is Back!" or calling people morons if they see anything wrong with the game. That sort of reaction doesnt improve the game at all.

# 154 Pared @ 09/04/09 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It evident everywhere man. now you just posted earlier

"put these games under an equal microscope tat way and you'll either go crazy or end up looking that way.

these developers do the best they can and overall they do a great job of masking things the tech just can't handle. when you have as many animations as these games do you're going to see problems.
they've done a great job for the most part. but you can always get better. Always. "

i though that was a hell of a critique.

It just doesn't always apply to your opinions on live. Now when stumble is in the 2k forum giving his honest critique guys have a serious problem with that and its okay to start the whole "live" guys routine. That's not right.

@ aholbert Considering what pared said above and knowing no game is perfect should that really be our goal. To watch something Just to see what is wrong with it ?

is it not okay for guys to acknowlege the improvements they feel live has made and be able to get excited about that ? I would love to hear you and P's honest critique of the 2k combine and see if your as even handed.
You can check the 2k forum for the combine, as I've posted my issues with it in THAT forum, not here. This is concept that we've been trying to hammer home.

I like the video, yet I've posted about animation transitions that are spotty (that weren't as noticeable last year). Also mentioned I couldn't hear the MSG organ.

Where is the discussion on the comments posted, as opposed to who made the comments?

This whole "us against them" thing is getting ridiculous. I know guys discuss more than these games via IM and the phone, but honestly, for the sake of the thread, discussing the video, I've yet to see anyone discuss the points I raised and would rather talk about some garbage forum politics as they see fit.

Again, would like to keep the focus on the video. Unless I'm gushing over everything, that seems to be difficult to do here.

# 155 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
Yes it does. Live gets you money you just like 2k better. And once again so what.... But you do.

I like Money better than 2k though.

# 156 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 04:08 PM
But Live is back in many people's eyes, including mine

# 157 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 04:09 PM
Again man, Marcus has said a million times that DNA updates fix the numbers daily, but that they can't run it until the season starts. That is a complete non-issue unless you don't have an internet connection and can't get DNA updates.

# 158 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:11 PM
Quote:
Again man, Marcus has said a million times that DNA updates fix the numbers daily, but that they can't run it until the season starts. That is a complete non-issue unless you don't have an internet connection and can't get DNA updates.
How do you do that within a franchise I already started?

# 159 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 04:11 PM
and honestly if you didn't think that vid was impressive, I cannot see how you would have liked any basketball game released thus far.

# 160 alsolidus @ 09/04/09 04:12 PM
Yea I take back my post from the 2k forum just from watching that video Live is still the king of leaners,runners,drifters, and fade shots. The video sold me on that and looks like I will be shelling out for both games this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.