Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 23 @ 09/10/09 02:04 AM
Was the computer breaking you down with dribble moves?

# 162 MarvellousOne @ 09/10/09 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
you caught me AD2084 I had a section on there about moves on the run that is where the spin comes in by holding the right stick up.... what happened was some of captures had too many players in the gym in the way and you couldn't see my examples.... by the time i saw that i was already back home so we had to skip that part of the vid. I figured I could cover it later as its only a few moves...
LOL all good man, I'm sure you will be dropping it in a video soon so no sweat there. Awaiting that next episode man, it's really looking good this year for Basketball fans around the world.

# 163 Da_Czar @ 09/10/09 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Great Video and lots of info which is good! One question Czar, do the player models look right in terms of height and proportional to their environment? I feel as Lebron should looker taller and heavier, as I have never really like Live's player models (they look like 12 year olds, lol). Mcgrady has some long legs in real life but in the video he looked like 5'11 instead of 6'8! Does anybody else feels like that or maybe I'm used to body types in 2K franchise.

Thanks
Arod Czar is not a graphics major by any stretch of the imagination however i HATED live 09 player models... Live 10 is SOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. everyone generally looks correct proportion wise to me go back and check out that blog by Santos where they break down player models... The look great to ME. very subjective subject though you know... I still say that no video or screen shot can do this game justice you must see it in HD for yourself...

The closest i have seen was still in person off of the live capture system and that was off tape captured at 60 fps... my home card only does 29...

# 164 Da_Czar @ 09/10/09 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Was the computer breaking you down with dribble moves?
The computer is Nice i have a couple examples in tomorrows show... it will have you asking did they really just do that to me....

# 165 HMcCoy @ 09/10/09 02:09 AM
Quote:
HmcCoy its not perfect but there can be a LOT of contact when your going to the basket... So much so that when you catch the d out of position and your able to break your man off the dribble it gets very exciting because you want to make the right move since it doesn't or didn't to me happen every play down..

the games were so intense that it wasn't like i was like Ohoh i think i'm getting to the basket too much ( again i didn't have months to play just 2.5 days so after a ton of play this could be different)

It was like whew we needed that .. if you know what I mean. I at no time felt like it was an issue. In fact count the number of dunks you see in these videos especially tomorrow... practically every highlight I captured will be used in the video you saw or the one i will post tomorrow. And note the teams on the floor when these defensive "breakdowns" happen...

individual momentum really is a game changer though because tonight you might have a stiff guarding your main player and your cutting him up and depending on the help d ratings of his teammates you my have a lot of layups tonight. But tomorrow night your playing a guy with great lateral quicks and tremendous team help defense so that will be different. But As I said there is some randomness in there. The cpu play much more human like (my opinion only) so even the best defense breaks down but you MUST take advantage of those opportunities because for ME it wasn't an all game easy score experience....

it will take a TON of gameplay hours for me to "figure" this game out because of the differences each matchup brings...gain just my opinion from a short time playing and capturing the game.
Thanks, mang. Seems like the layups don't have to feature as much collision, since the on-ball D is tighter. Nice.

Thanks for breaking that down, bro.

# 166 Da_Czar @ 09/10/09 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
O.M.G! I got the game! Oh! I'm niiiice! Lol...

I love how the fact that the dribble moves are so quick, you don't have that moment of lag before you start your drive after sizing up. You can really see it on that last D Rose drive. Dribble...explode. Wooo.

Hey Czar, how is the contact under the rim? Mo Williams and Brons drives were both contested at the beginning of the vid, but on the last three, the defenders jumped, but none of them seemed to create any contact. Same too with the penetration in general...there seems to be little resistance from defenders trying to defend the layup...they just run alongside, and then jump and swipe at the end. Can you give us the scoop on collision detection? Any grabbing, riding, or any other contact on drives? Is the on-ball defender out of the play completely once he's beaten?

Thanks again, man...
one last thing is that eveyone is different this year... your really going to have to see for yourself.. better defenders have more bump and grind animations they put on you and have more success with them even when YOU control them....

But if they don't have the lateral footspeed your going to beat the brakes off them If they don't play you correctly ... once they adjust you can't just iso iso iso all day you HAVE to take the J or pass otherwise you will get that dharris charge...

so someone could get the game and play against a poor defender and feel there aren't enough contact animations and someone else could be playing a tuff individual and team defender and be like hey there are too many... It's not as cut and dry as years past because of the individualization we have asked for.. But that requires more from us to be able to recognize that one bad defensive play does not mean the game is broken.. If I told you there was a game where 80 out of 100 possessions had great defense who wouldn't want to play that game ? (those are made up number fresh from my buttocks where I pulled them out)

# 167 23 @ 09/10/09 02:14 AM
Quote:
The computer is Nice i have a couple examples in tomorrows show... it will have you asking did they really just do that to me....
That's what I want to see happening... I wanna feel the heat and pressure of trying to play defense on the AI

That kind of comment is hard to live up to... only ID has been able to give you those kinds of moments

# 168 Stumbleweed @ 09/10/09 02:18 AM
I plan to jack the demo up to All-Star and play with the Magic first so I can see if CPU Kobe busts my *** (which he probably will since I won't be used to the defense). That, and to see about these dribble moves and freestyle passing with Jameer. Can't wait!

Hey Czar, can you talk more about the playbooks? Did you really notice the authentic sets? How did the plays run, similar to last year? Did they keep the "quick play" where it calls a play based on DNA (i.e. KG post up)?

# 169 Da_Czar @ 09/10/09 02:19 AM
hey to everyone who stopped in to say they enjoyed the video. Thank You... it really does mean alot. i literally spent every waking hour yesterday and today up until about 10:00 p.m. trying to get these done for you guys..

I tried to use as many teams and uniform combinations as possible. It means the world to know the work is appreciated. I understand eveyone may not like every show but for the people who appreciate it to take the time to say something. ALWAYS means something to me. Its what keeps me going on hour 10 of an 14 hour editing session. Anyway I'm off to bed have a good night family !!!

# 170 Arod2k9 @ 09/10/09 02:21 AM
Quote:
Arod Czar is not a graphics major by any stretch of the imagination however i HATED live 09 player models... Live 10 is SOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. everyone generally looks correct proportion wise to me go back and check out that blog by Santos where they break down player models... The look great to ME. very subjective subject though you know... I still say that no video or screen shot can do this game justice you must see it in HD for yourself...

The closest i have seen was still in person off of the live capture system and that was off tape captured at 60 fps... my home card only does 29...
Thanks Czar! Yea I get what you saying because prior to buying MLB the Show '09 for the ps3 I had my doubts about player type models, but I played the game on a 40 inch screen the models looked great. I hope that is the case here because the gameplay on this game is crazy and I want a simulation experience until next season.

# 171 Stumbleweed @ 09/10/09 02:21 AM
Thanks man! Get some rest because you'll probably get woken up by Lil Czar in a few hours right? Hardest workin' man in show business.

# 172 crm968 @ 09/10/09 02:23 AM
Thanks a lot Czar, you da man!!!

# 173 rockchisler @ 09/10/09 02:23 AM
Real good video..

# 174 Nephilim @ 09/10/09 02:28 AM
I really appreciate all the hard work Czar. You told us alot about CPU defense, now what about your experience of user defense. Any back door cheats by AI, other unstoppable AI mischief?

# 175 HMcCoy @ 09/10/09 02:30 AM
Quote:
one last thing is that eveyone is different this year... your really going to have to see for yourself.. better defenders have more bump and grind animations they put on you and have more success with them even when YOU control them....

But if they don't have the lateral footspeed your going to beat the brakes off them If they don't play you correctly ... once they adjust you can't just iso iso iso all day you HAVE to take the J or pass otherwise you will get that dharris charge...

so someone could get the game and play against a poor defender and feel there aren't enough contact animations and someone else could be playing a tuff individual and team defender and be like hey there are too many... It's not as cut and dry as years past because of the individualization we have asked for.. But that requires more from us to be able to recognize that one bad defensive play does not mean the game is broken.. If I told you there was a game where 80 out of 100 possessions had great defense who wouldn't want to play that game ? (those are made up number fresh from my buttocks where I pulled them out)
Great. 2k cheated with warping and speed cheats...nice to know the collision animations in Live 10 will be based on player types and defensive ability.

Any observations on weakside blocks? Too many? Too few? The ones you did see...were they from the better help defenders? Did you feel you had to make alot of strategic adjustments when facing a guy like D-Howard, ie pullup for jumpers after a couple rejections?

I know you were probably trying to remember a million different things, lol. Notice anything interesting there?

Good night, homie. Again, thanks for the vids and for choppin it up with us...much appreciated.

# 176 NINJAK2 @ 09/10/09 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Great. 2k cheated with warping and speed cheats...

So did live imo

# 177 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/10/09 02:50 AM

# 178 jsg @ 09/10/09 02:51 AM
wow. I'm amazed. i havent been this excited watching a video since 2k7. i'm all in. i love competition.

# 179 H to the Oza @ 09/10/09 02:52 AM
These new freestyle controls are hot.CP3's pull up looked nice & smoothe but I didnt like the Rose pull up at 2:13

# 180 HMcCoy @ 09/10/09 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
So did live imo
Not nearly as much, tho. For the past few years, it seems like Live defenders who were beaten, stayed beaten, instead of magically getting in front of you again as you gather for the layup. Then again, that made the defense a little too easy to beat since the help always had to come. Even a beaten defender can get a paw in there, get a strip, or make a physical play on the ball from the rear.

I hope both titles provide a good balance this season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.