Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

As promised, here is another one of Czar's finest creations. NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2.

Quote:
"Big Czar is back from the great north and brings the Sim Nation all over the world a new shot about one his favorite things about NBA Live 10, Strategic Control."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 09/10/09 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I may be getting both games this year... haha....

BTW, when did the Czar start doing PR for Live? Was it before or after they flew him out to their studios? I know that he doesn't have another game to play, but it sounds like

1. He's getting a free copy of the game this year.
2. He was defending how the game 'looked' in that final slide instead of letting us form our own opinion.

I just like the neutral Czar, because he's basically declaring a winner before seeing the other game this year.
Nowhere did Czar say Live was the winner this year. Cmon man.

# 42 cxmz_18 @ 09/10/09 10:26 AM
Nice looking video. Loved that Dwade contact with Pierce in mid-air at the beggining. Loving it!!

# 43 swiftychampleone @ 09/10/09 10:26 AM
This is how controls should work in a basketball game. They should not be overcomplicated to the point where you are fighting with the controller. Great job EA! I can't wait until the final review.

# 44 aholbert32 @ 09/10/09 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
this from a guy with only nba 2k10 on his wishlist.

Last warning...Dont do this. This Live/2k "bias" crap is going to end. We are handing out infractions and bans to anyone who tries to start this us vs. them crap.

# 45 cjamestx @ 09/10/09 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka2122
True. Same thing can happen in 2k. The percent of the shot going in is about 85 %. Try doing it the whole game and see the results. (I've done it and had a terrible success rate.) They've inceased upon the success rate in 2k9 over 2k8 i've noticed. I would use this "trick-of-the-trade", so to speak, in 2k8 when using Carmel Apple aka Carmelo. His jumper was hard to score with. By holding the button down, he would make his shot every time. 2k9 completely disrupted my succession rate although Carmelo's jumper was still unchanged.
Get out of here....85 percent? Nobody plays on Pro or whatever you are on. I am talking about on Hall of Fame difficulty setting. Even if you time the shot perfect every single time, you won't make 85 percent of jump shots. Plus, that comment was a little sweet ya think ;(......."Carmel Apple"......wow. He is a man; not a fruit. You must........I won't go there. I won't too but I won't.....(My devil mini-me on my right shoulder) -> No I can't let him get away with that comment.

# 46 EvanRG @ 09/10/09 11:11 AM
I didn't make a "2k post" -- heck I didn't even say 2k in my thread.

I said that I may have to get both games this year because LIVE looks pretty darn good.

I just think that Da Czar did a positives only video and didn't give us both sides of the coin. I also felt like this wasn't a true "Da Czar" video because of how he sounded at the end with his little disclaimer and "LIVE IS BACK" thing.

And the reason my sig isn't updated is because I don't slave over it all day.

P.S... You proved my point, why in the first place is Da Czar now doing LIVE only videos? That's all I'm asking. YOU are the one who read into my post. I tried to tread really lightly with my first post but you obviously took some imaginary bait that I laid out there.

LIVE looks fantastic and I look forward to the Demo. Is that good enough for you? My question was directed at Da Czar, not NBA LIVE!!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled program everyone.

# 47 Peninc @ 09/10/09 11:16 AM
For some reason the courts seem small or the players seem big to me. Anyway great video...looking forward to the demo release

# 48 aholbert32 @ 09/10/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
why are you warning me. warn the guy who originally made the post regarding 2k!!!! Im sick of this crap aswell. But don't single me out. I've made it known a hundred times that Im buying BOTH games. But I don't want to hear some guy trying to call out czar for some asinine live bias, in the live forums, regarding the live game he's played. Yet you call me out.

He never mentioned the other game. He questioned whether playing the game for 2 days straight at EA affected the Czar's ability to be unbiased. I thought the same thing too but didnt say it because people are overly sensitive here (not the Czar but the regulars in this forum) I thought the same thing about Chase's preview of 2k10. I'm playing 2k10 today at a 2k event and I would be crazy to think that people wont think the same thing about me if i have nothing but praise for the game.

His wishlist had nothing to do with his comment.

# 49 swiftychampleone @ 09/10/09 11:19 AM
Honestly, Live is the only video that Czar probably had access to. No offense, but we all know that 2K does a poor job at marketing and they haven't released any videos yet. I'm not talking 1 minute clips of someone dribbling a ball. I'm talking a REAL clip of gameplay. 2K10 and Live 10 are due out in less than a month. What advertising or vids have 2K brought? None. I'm not biased at all, but these are the facts.

# 50 Pared @ 09/10/09 11:21 AM
Quote:
I didn't make a "2k post" -- heck I didn't even say 2k in my thread.

I said that I may have to get both games this year because LIVE looks pretty darn good.

I just think that Da Czar did a positives only video and didn't give us both sides of the coin. I also felt like this wasn't a true "Da Czar" video because of how he sounded at the end with his little disclaimer and "LIVE IS BACK" thing.

And the reason my sig isn't updated is because I don't slave over it all day.

P.S... You proved my point, why in the first place is Da Czar now doing LIVE only videos? That's all I'm asking. YOU are the one who read into my post. I tried to tread really lightly with my first post but you obviously took some imaginary bait that I laid out there.

LIVE looks fantastic and I look forward to the Demo. Is that good enough for you? My question was directed at Da Czar, not NBA LIVE!!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled program everyone.
EA invited him out to preview the game and give his unbias opinion.

He's obviously excited over the game and skepticism like this is natural... but I was in the same boat last year. You enjoy the game early on and want to share that with your fellow community members. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure the comparison videos will come out later in the year.

# 51 EvanRG @ 09/10/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
At times the player movements doesn't look natural at time they still look very stiff and awkward. It might be that I'm so used to 2k. 2k's player movement, especially on-ball looks so much more natural and fluid to me. I don't know if their motion capturing better or what. Hopefully they continue to work on that. I've already seen improvement.

Like I said all that's superficial and I can look past that if Live doesn't have any gamebreaking glitches user v. user and they deliver on everything I'm seeing because rebounding/defense, dribbling and off-ball play are areas nba 2k struggles at big time.

The one area Live 10 has impressed me with realistic movement is off ball. Based on all the vids I've seen Live 10 has the most realistic off-ball movement I've ever seen in a nba game.
I agree. It's always come down to small things which is usually the case when you are used to one type of game and then play another. I really like the on ball defense in the videos though because like Da Czar said, the CPU reacted to you and not WITH you. Look forward to getting a good look tomorrow.

# 52 Gmoney2002 @ 09/10/09 11:24 AM
Very nice job again Czar. Damn just a few more hours till the demo drops...

# 53 EvanRG @ 09/10/09 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
EA invited him out to preview the game and give his unbias opinion.

He's obviously excited over the game and skepticism like this is natural... but I was in the same boat last year. You enjoy the game early on and want to share that with your fellow community members. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure the comparison videos will come out later in the year.
Good enough for me. It doesn't matter anyway I guess because it all comes down to how the game feels to you etc.

Features like the D League and 10 day contracts have me excited for 2k's association while the overhaul of LIVE definitely has me anticipating tomorrow.

# 54 JkA3 @ 09/10/09 11:31 AM
Great video once again. I am really looking forward to the Defensive version, so see how we can stop the fluid offense.

# 55 mikejs210 @ 09/10/09 11:32 AM
When is this going up on Youtube? I saw the first one on the OS Channel, but not this one yet.

# 56 EvanRG @ 09/10/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Thats how you see it, thats cool. I wasn't clear on saying that the one guy made a 2k post. There are all sorts of post made in here with 2k references. However this particular guy evan's post with some sort of conspiracy tone to it was only made more amusing when I noticed the "wishlist". Don't see the irony in that???

czar has said it over and over though, that he's not going to touch the comparisons until he can play the other game. He's also said something to the effect of not wanting to sound so "glowing" in his assesment. But it's cool. I hope you come back with a "glowing" review of 2k. My point was that Im not fanboying any of these games. Im just a hoops junkie.

You caught me, my conspiracy to win people over to 2k10 has been outed! Dang! And I was promised .20 for every copy that 2k sold this year!!!

I bought my first ever next-gen BASKETBALL game last year (2k) after I saw my brother playing it. This year I am attempting to tell my brother that LIVE looks pretty darn good this year and am winning him over to that side.

When are you going to just relax and talk freely about games? There is no conspiracy. People naturally are going to feel like they HAVE to like something that they've spent their cash on, but right now, no money is on the table... Both games have yet to be released and it's a fresh start for both 2k and EA, I can't wait to try out the Demo tomorrow and I look forward to 2k sharing theirs as well.

I do appreciate the credit towards such a high act of espionage!

"UNDER-COVER IN THE LIVE FORUMS!"

# 57 aholbert32 @ 09/10/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Thats how you see it, thats cool. I wasn't clear on saying that the one guy made a 2k post. There are all sorts of post made in here with 2k references. However this particular guy evan's post with some sort of conspiracy tone to it was only made more amusing when I noticed the "wishlist". Don't see the irony in that???

czar has said it over and over though, that he's not going to touch the comparisons until he can play the other game. He's also said something to the effect of not wanting to sound so "glowing" in his assesment. But it's cool. I hope you come back with a "glowing" review of 2k. My point was that Im not fanboying any of these games. Im just a hoops junkie.

Let me explain to you my point. I've been to EA and 2k events and they are all the same. You play the game for hours. The things that are great stand out to you. You ask the developers about certain issues in the game and they all say "That will be fixed by release" or "We will fix that in the first patch". You take their word for it and downplay the issues because you have been assured they would be fixed. Ive seen it with past 2k games. Pared saw it last year with Live. I see nothing wrong with someone questioning a preview as long as they arent disrespectful.

# 58 JkA3 @ 09/10/09 11:33 AM
I can't wait to see how the defense works. Hopefully there are some equally effective counters to the office.

# 59 Da_Czar @ 09/10/09 11:34 AM
Quote:

I just like the neutral Czar, because he's basically declaring a winner before seeing the other game this year.

I forsee this last part becoming an issue especially for those who only started watching during the battleground series

so i posted this to clarify

http://www.operationsports.com/Da_Czar/blog/comments/

hahaha sorry guys i meant to post this blog instead of that video..

# 60 stephensonmc @ 09/10/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
I may be getting both games this year... haha....

BTW, when did the Czar start doing PR for Live? Was it before or after they flew him out to their studios? I know that he doesn't have another game to play, but it sounds like

1. He's getting a free copy of the game this year.
2. He was defending how the game 'looked' in that final slide instead of letting us form our own opinion.

C'mon man -- that's just reaching big time......

Why let you form your own opinion on something when you can get the facts straight from the horses mouth? If you formed your own opinion, ultimitely you'd be wrong...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.