Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

NBA 2K10 cover athlete Kobe Bryant, has a message for Operation Sports.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sambowie @ 09/16/09 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Like a few of the posts up here, I'm thinking, "Is this a joke??" and just shut up and give us some REAL gameplay footage or, better yet, A DEMO!!

I have to admit, 2K is upsetting me. I have said before that I have bought every 2K b-ball game since the first one except 2K7 and pretty much enjoyed them all (2K8 was just too ugly and upsetting for me to get into for my first "next gen" b-ball entry) but when 2K, at this point in time with a competitor who actually looks like they're taking vid game b-balling to a NEW level, continues to use smoke and mirrors and then resorts to this message from my dude, Kobe Bryant, it's very irritating.

They are losing me, this year, so far, and you can guess who is picking up my contract....maybe. Lol.

Bottom line, THIS IS LAME 2K. Ahem....
You're really going to take a pass on this game just because of the pre-release marketing?

# 82 23 @ 09/16/09 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Oh that's pretty kool then. Leave it up to Born to know that, lol. Always got the answers.
I think he mistook that for NBA 06 not 2k6

# 83 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think he mistook that for NBA 06 not 2k6
No, it was 2k. Someone asked and the response was similar to what Gilbert said before he did the Live cover. They mentioned it being sim and what not. Kobe actually spoke about it another time, but I can't remember what it was in relation to.

# 84 chadskee @ 09/16/09 12:51 PM
Well if Kobe says it then it must be true. Looks like 2k is going to be the best.

# 85 Chizzypoof @ 09/16/09 01:02 PM
That was cool. All the dev's are starting to feel the power of "The Operation Sports". Good job Steve, and the entire community.

# 86 bigsmallwood @ 09/16/09 01:05 PM
Nice to have Kobe speak up!!! And I believe in a prior interview he stated that he actually does play the B-ball games...on Xbox 360 in his household.

# 87 23 @ 09/16/09 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
No, it was 2k. Someone asked and the response was similar to what Gilbert said before he did the Live cover. They mentioned it being sim and what not. Kobe actually spoke about it another time, but I can't remember what it was in relation to.
HAH, I was joking man, and that Gil thing was the funniest thing... must've been apart of his self promo stuff

# 88 videobastard @ 09/16/09 01:17 PM
After the NBA kobe has a future in selling cars at a dealership.

# 89 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/09 01:17 PM
I for one, bought out of my DIRECT TV contract when I found out Peyton Manning doesnt actually have it........or not.

# 90 TreyIM2 @ 09/16/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambowie
You're really going to take a pass on this game just because of the pre-release marketing?
Nah, not just cuz of marketing. It just doesn't sound or look like 2K is doing anything to address the real probs of the game. The best thing I've heard was about the post game, which was an issue for me. My point is that they keep posting same ole - same ole in terms of trailers and the info they have divulged doesn't sound tantalizing, to me, then on top of it all, we have yet to get a demo. If the DC was indication of what to expect, this year, I'm not happy because I see a few of the things that were a prob still there.

That being said, after all the issues this game DOES have with animation laden coverup attempts, wouldn't u think 2K would wanna really fix those probs AND talk up fixing them IF they truly have especially after people have been complaining about many of the issues for years? That's where I'm going with all this. If the demo doesn't make it out by release and I am really digging Live 10, tomorrow, when the demo drops on the PSN, make no mistakes - I am NOT buying 2K10. And truth be told, Live 09 was close to getting my money over 2K9 after playing the demo but the lack of control responsiveness closed the door on that idea. Plus 2K9 finally looked good, player model wise. I did rock with Live 08 more than my 2K8.

Basically, their marketing is tiring to a grizzled 2K vet like myself and their lack of addressing the issues in light of what Live is doing is bothersome plus their lack of marketing is great for noobs, not me.

# 91 youvalss @ 09/16/09 01:19 PM
Kobe should work on his reading skills...

OS all day!!!!!!!!

# 92 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Kobe should work on his reading skills...

OS all day!!!!!!!!

Why are....

yOU throwing sTOnes at...

... *squints* The KoBE Bryant?

# 93 SageInfinite @ 09/16/09 01:30 PM
C'mon man we don't need that corny **** over here.

# 94 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
HAH, I was joking man, and that Gil thing was the funniest thing... must've been apart of his self promo stuff
Gil cracks me up. I remember that SLAM article where he broke down his cheese technique, outlining all of the taboos. He mentioned the double team, the pressure D, the whole business. That dude is shameless.

# 95 23 @ 09/16/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Gil cracks me up. I remember that SLAM article where he broke down his cheese technique, outlining all of the taboos. He mentioned the double team, the pressure D, the whole business. That dude is shameless.
I missed that but he really does play against common guys online huh?

I hate that he stopped blogging, I enjoyed it.

I'd love to play Kobe online though but I doubt he'd do it. That would be the right kind of promo though

# 96 TheBadazz @ 09/16/09 01:45 PM
Congrats to Steve and the guys. Keep up the good work.

# 97 youvalss @ 09/16/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'd love to play Kobe online though but I doubt he'd do it. That would be the right kind of promo though
He'll robably lose because he's used to Live or something... The only time he'd play someone online would be vs Shaq, and he wouldn't let Shaq win.

# 98 mars blackmon @ 09/16/09 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
That's pretty cool. Been a member here at OS since '02*, makes me feel like i'm contributing to something that is noticed by the stars.

^^^Join Date: Oct 2002

# 99 NumberOneRB @ 09/16/09 01:56 PM
Um, thank you Kobe? As tight as 2K is with OS, I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe was contractually responsible for giving a shout out to this website. Kinda cool I suppose.

2K: "Uh, Mr. Kobe, would you be so kind to send a shout out to Operation Sports?"
Kobe: "What the hell is an Operation Sports?"
2K: "Its a message forum with dedicated hardcore gamers"
Kobe: "Yah, whatever I suppose. You guys are paying me enough anyway."

# 100 Pared @ 09/16/09 01:59 PM
Damn some of you can't even let Steve enjoy the fact that this "little" website is getting a little pub from the NBA Finals MVP.

Unreal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.