Home
Madden 2010 News Post

According to Ian, patch #2 details for Madden NFL 10 will be announced next week.

Quote:
"We are wrapping up the 2nd title update for Madden 10 - lots of good improvements, additions, fixes. Look for a list of stuff next week."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 alliance4g63 @ 10/09/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articula
Exactly, its the main reason I'm here. But I'm beginning think with all the crap I'm seeing tossed at Ian that he won't be here for long. I hope the moderation team takes that into account because I for one LOVE the dev interaction here. The intereaction here is like no other sports game I've ever played (outside of OOTP baseball).
Fine by me because it didnt seem to help much. Plus, in my personal opinion, community interaction should really not be needed. I can understand clarification but the developers were asking questions and feedback on parts of the game that they should know like the back of their hand. Or clarification on issues that can easily be answered by watching college football on saturdays, nfl on sundays or even going to a high school game on fridays. Some of you really need to open your eyes.

# 82 alliance4g63 @ 10/09/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
All these people who are anti patch...I just want you to find me a perfect game that didnt need one..dont worry i'll wait.
Who is ignorant enough to think there has ever been a perfect game released? I have not seen anyone on this board mention anything about a perfect game nor have I seen anyone requesting a perfect one.

Now there are plenty of games that are high quality that have very little GAMEPLAY issues but I know that your counter argument will be the development cycle so I will leave that alone.

All I will say is this, Madden 05 and Espn2k5 were stellar, critically acclaimed games both on the same cycle. Why don't you ask yourself how and why they were able to do it. Oh wait...

# 83 43Chargers4Now @ 10/09/09 11:06 PM
Extensive and thorough Beta testing could have solved at least 30% of these game play problems. I know that EA hosted a Community day for huge madden fans but that was a community DAY. Every problem, glitch, and hiccup that is in madden can't be found, exposed, and fixed in one day. EA should've put those men in some hotels and hosted a COMMUNITY WEEK (cough cough) month...)

Also, there hasn't been very much time space between these patches. How are we supposed to believe that EA has been able to collect ALL of the problems that were found in madden after the patch. It seems as though EA already has their patches ready to be shipped one after the other without taking into account the many problems that may have not been fixed before and after the patch and the problems that may have been found and/or created after the patch. These, in turn may create the need for ea to create more patches in order to keep some people from going crazy. EA could have just killed all of the birds with a shotgun instead of using that pistol.

P.S. Does anybody know if the patches that are applied to madden 10 slow down, in any way, the production of madden 11 in the future? The only reason I'm asking this is because it seems like Ian Cummings and Co. are still putting their focus into making the patches for madden perfect. Wouldn't that slow down the formulation of Madden 11 because less Dev Team may be working on Madden 11 and instead be working on the patches for Madden 10? Just a question...

# 84 superstarshad @ 10/09/09 11:26 PM
Better to patch than not patch at all. My only beef with patches.....I have to re learn how to play the game.

# 85 MelMan1486 @ 10/09/09 11:29 PM
I just hope that after this patch I can FINALLY start my franchise. I've been holding off to see if they fix some things and I'm just praying they adress the issues.

# 86 Spanky @ 10/10/09 01:10 AM
"It is better to have patched and lost, then to have never patched at all.''

-- Shakespeare.

# 87 KamikazeBlaize @ 10/10/09 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Because 2K has competition they have to go against, Madden does not
Well, it helps to not have the dev team go on vacation and not submit the patch for certification afterward, since the first Madden patch was originally planned for release...

# 88 njmcfreak @ 10/10/09 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now

P.S. Does anybody know if the patches that are applied to madden 10 slow down, in any way, the production of madden 11 in the future? The only reason I'm asking this is because it seems like Ian Cummings and Co. are still putting their focus into making the patches for madden perfect. Wouldn't that slow down the formulation of Madden 11 because less Dev Team may be working on Madden 11 and instead be working on the patches for Madden 10? Just a question...

I am pretty sure that one of the devs said that the people who work on the patches are completely different people who work on the actual game. So there is no downtime at all. Like I said I'm pretty sure, but not 100% positive, about 85 percent.

# 89 RyanMoody21 @ 10/10/09 05:26 AM
Anybody playing M09 over M10 right now? How about that trade in value on M09 over M10? The games are worthless after one year, as consumers we have all lost 1/6th of the games lifespan. If you can live with it or not is mute, the patch is EA's way of saying the game isnt up to standard. Because you have found ways to enjoy the game doesnt mean everybody else has to settle on your level of enjoyment and self restraint.

Nobody is expecting a perfect game, although that seems to be the biggest "come back line" around here.Out of the box Madden has the same issues it had out of the box last year, give or take here and there.

Anybody care to go play 10 random people online and tell me online gameplay is acceptable?

Anybody care to go over a set of "house rules" from these forms and tell me that offline gameplay is acceptable?

Id hope to think we would all agree 4 years ago we would have never thought this game would be in the state is it.

# 90 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/10/09 06:10 AM
Ian no one wants to use you as escape goat here. People just want a playable game to enjoy without all these glitches and stuff. I think the madden team need to slow down and take a month and go back and look over the coding and stuff and fix all of these problems before moving onward with madden 11. It ain't going to help madden 11 any if these same problems go into madden11.

# 91 NYBorn81 @ 10/10/09 06:43 AM
Seriously this board is becoming a place filled with the clutter of some really stupid people.

You rather have EA not release a patch in the sake of one day, returning to the "Golden Days" of gaming. Madden 05 and ESPN NFL2k5 came almost six years ago, back then most games if not all, were not being patched, due to companies not have the means to do so at the time, or they just chose not to. So that argument gets thrown out the window when you add in the absolute facts, and use common sense.

And you rather not have Ian & Co. Because YOU feel it taked away from YOUR Madden experience? Believe it or not, its the people like that who make companies act such a way, Ian the devs being here, is a privledge for us.I Know all of us here except the obvious few, love the fact that we get share our input as to what we want to be put into our games. If you rather be left out and just leave it soley up to the team, then I'm sure there is other message boards willing to hear that and are ready to agree with you. OS isn't that place, and that is one of the many things I appreciate about this forum.

# 92 countryboy @ 10/10/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Same could be said for every current major sports game release. This is hardly a Madden only issue, even though people seem to make it out as one.
agreed. I love how Madden is the only game that needs a patch, or is wrong for patching, or shouldn't need a patch, or this or that.....

People really need to expand their horizons and visit some of the other forums here on OS and see that those games have the same exact type of posts as what people are posting here. Hell, MLB The Show, which is highly regarded on these forums, had people that deemed the game unplayable because the Cubs didn't have enough home games that started in the afternoon during franchise mode. Others deemed it unplayable because the 60-day DL doesn't function properly. Others because of comeback AI, others because of varying reasons. All of those people were waiting on a patch to start their franchise.

Every sports game will have something, according to the people who play that game, that will be deemed a game killer and make the game unplayable until after a patch.

# 93 Cobra84 @ 10/10/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Flight Simulator X------the "creme de la creme" of PC simulations-----needed a patch because the scenery didn't light up at dusk or dawn. This after four years of developement.

Did it make the sim unplayable? No,but at the flight sim forums I frequent,everybody was reacting like they are here---couldn't believe something that obvious escaped the QA department.
Seems to be on par with Madden's uniform issues. If FSX was like Madden, the planes would fly backwards, wind would effect your plane the opposite way, and a Cessna 172 would fly like an F-22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
People really need to expand their horizons and visit some of the other forums here on OS and see that those games have the same exact type of posts as what people are posting here. Hell, MLB The Show, which is highly regarded on these forums, had people that deemed the game unplayable because the Cubs didn't have enough home games that started in the afternoon during franchise mode. Others deemed it unplayable because the 60-day DL doesn't function properly. Others because of comeback AI, others because of varying reasons. All of those people were waiting on a patch to start their franchise.
If the things wrong with the Show were Madden's only problems people here would be ecstatic. As it stands now, Madden has all of the listed problems from the Show along with fundamental gameplay flaws that effect every facet of the game.

# 94 19 @ 10/10/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra84
Seems to be on par with Madden's uniform issues. If FSX was like Madden, the planes would fly backwards, wind would effect your plane the opposite way, and a Cessna 172 would fly like an F-22.
First time I have genuinely laughed at another poster. Well done.

# 95 PhillyJim76 @ 10/10/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
agreed. I love how Madden is the only game that needs a patch, or is wrong for patching, or shouldn't need a patch, or this or that.....

Every sports game will have something, according to the people who play that game, that will be deemed a game killer and make the game unplayable until after a patch.
Countryboy- you need to look outside the box and realize that each person is an individual and desires different things from these games. I never understand the people who are obsessed with uniforms being 100% lifelike, but I am not happy with franchise mode stats. I never play online and never play against other people, so I don't care if there are money plays or cheesers. Everyone is different and if you are happy with the game, that means that whatever things are important to you, the game got right.

# 96 countryboy @ 10/10/09 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
Countryboy- you need to look outside the box and realize that each person is an individual and desires different things from these games. I never understand the people who are obsessed with uniforms being 100% lifelike, but I am not happy with franchise mode stats. I never play online and never play against other people, so I don't care if there are money plays or cheesers. Everyone is different and if you are happy with the game, that means that whatever things are important to you, the game got right.
Ummm....ok.....you completely missed the point of my post... I never said anything or even hinted at the idea that everyone should be happy with how the game is nor the idea that people's criticisms are invalid. Not sure how you get that out of what I said.

And I have issues with the game as well that I'm hoping are fixed via the patch, most notably the franchise stats. So there are things that I look for that the game didn't get right.

I just don't get some of the posts/criticisms here that allude to the idea that patching a game is somehow a Madden only thing. Visit any of the other forums and you'll see the same exact thing going on in those forums as you do here. People finding game-killers, people saying this needs to be patched or that, and people saying shut up and play because the game is good.

Patches, game-killers, bugs/glitches, etc...are hardly a Madden only idea.

# 97 Ian_Cummings @ 10/10/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
...since the first Madden patch was originally planned for release...
Not true. Please don't state untrue comments as fact, thanks.

# 98 MrOctober430 @ 10/10/09 12:04 PM
Can't wait.

# 99 z Revis @ 10/10/09 12:06 PM
How did I know that this is what this thread would turn into....

And just for the record, I have yet to play a game that didn't need a patch. Every game needs patches. Stop singling out Madden as if it's the only game that needs patched.

# 100 Solidice @ 10/10/09 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Let's not kid ourselves this game came out needing a patch from day 1...
Let's not kid ourselves, what game hasn't...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.