Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"You can't let the CPU defend other players. You have to manually contest it. I had that problem and still do. I was just used to playing with 1 position on defense without using player lock and let the CPU contest other shots."

Then why isn't Kobe scoring a ton? Why doesn't LeBron score a ton when I leave the CPU on him? It's not the way I play. Why do I have to do extra to stop Fisher, but not to stop Kobe?

i was reading your earlier post so i said what the hell let me play LA on the update, as i type this fisher has 7pts on 3-8 and kobe has 4pts on 2-6 gasol 2-3 and bynum 1-3 odom 1-3 shot in the first Q

i mean it is what it is i just edited my rosters, but i did notice in a test last night i edited the entire LA team off ball awareness by 20.

they ran the offense way better and kobe had 29 at half time, gasol had 14 bynum had 7

with LA the off ball movement is not right IMO so fisher just jacks it, gasol never posts up neither does bynum so fish has no options but when edited they move and get into position fisher had 2 shots

# 162 bigdfan76 @ 10/26/09 05:58 PM
So what about the mpg stats glitch in dynasty? Is this EVER going to be fixed? This patch was huge and no love for dynasty?! I read the fouls were fixed I think. So will that help with mpg? I don't think fouls were the problem. I had games were Parker would play 22 minutes with 2 personal fouls! While R. Mason would log 37 minutes! Come on really? So I hope this WAS fixed because I'm not waiting 2 months for another patch to start a dynasty. I guess I should rent 2k to see how bad the bugs I've heard about are. I know their association is better. Live is a great game but please EA fix dynasty stats.

# 163 Behindshadows @ 10/26/09 06:05 PM
Put everything back on default settings, Superstar 12 minutes and liking it so far, the DNA Roster update is still wrong. But either way, just played against Cleveland with my Lakers and so far the game is much different. Love having the post move back. Also I notice LBJ went to the paint and gave passes to Shaq and even his PG passed the ball around on smart screen plays.

Just 1 game so far, and it's a noticeable change, and the CPU doesn't hit everything anymore.

# 164 JWiLL02 @ 10/26/09 06:06 PM
Just played the Kings online.

He started 8-8 from the field with Nocioni. All off the dribble shots, 6 of them 3s. I was up in his face contesting each shot. He missed one after that but then knocked in 2 more, I quit at this point. Not worth the time.

I checked DNA, Nocioni is 18% off the dribble, so HOW is this happening? Before the patch I never saw anything THIS bad.

The 2 games I played before that were great for the most part. Something is still very broken in terms of 3pt % though. Maybe it's only certain players?

# 165 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I've never in my life seen so many people so comfortable behind the 3pt line with no regard to having ANY type of skill at all since "Double Dribble"

WOW That is one hell of a statement Let us hope they get this fixed and soon. DAM... Double Dribble ???? whew LOL

# 166 Mintsa @ 10/26/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Just played the Kings online.

He started 8-8 from the field with Nocioni. All off the dribble shots, 6 of them 3s. I was up in his face contesting each shot. He missed one after that but then knocked in 2 more, I quit at this point. Not worth the time.

I checked DNA, Nocioni is 18% off the dribble, so HOW is this happening? Before the patch I never saw anything THIS bad.

The 2 games I played before that were great for the most part. Something is still very broken in terms of 3pt % though. Maybe it's only certain players?

Maybe this all ties into NO FATIGUE online. When/if fatigue is turned on for oline play maybe these crazy %'s won't happen ???

I'm not saying this is fact....just a making a suggestion.

Maybe try playing an unranked game online and turn fatigue on and see what happens.

# 167 Muzyk23 @ 10/26/09 06:12 PM
Initial impressions:

pace seems a bit faster

foul animations added/new contest animations added (is it me?)

definitely more fouls - even on Pro

default settings seem perfect

more variation on cpu's part when attacking

protect the ball dribble anim looks natural and nice

blocking seems better

rebounding feels crisper

passing more crisp and tightened too ( there seems to be a new two-handed pass animation that looks gorgeous

so far so good

# 168 bateman11 @ 10/26/09 06:31 PM
^Nice to hear some sane impressions, lol.

Ready for this to come out on ps3.

# 169 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 06:34 PM
i dont know who told yall those % means thats what they gonna shoot but everyone except me if upsesed with those numbers

in my tests they dont dictate made or missed baskets, it tells the offline cpu how to score....

18% off dribble IMO does not mean the dude will shoot 18% when he shoots from dribble moves IMO it means that when he is dribbling( breaking his nam down) 18% of the time he may shoot it

test it for yourself edit these numbers then play a game 44% 3pt does not mean he is gonna shoot that from the floor, why else do you think the players has 3 pt ratings.

i dare somone to edit shaq to 75% 3 PT SUCCESS and go into a game and jack it with him and see the results

# 170 bls @ 10/26/09 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
WOW That is one hell of a statement Let us hope they get this fixed and soon. DAM... Double Dribble ???? whew LOL
Yeah man it's crazy, go online and play a couple games and just experience it for yourself Czar lol.

Not a pleasant experience at all, I'll say that.

# 171 iminurbase @ 10/26/09 06:36 PM
So online fatigue is broken. The fix to make it work also flipped the default for online games to OFF and nobody caught it. Flame away. It's a failure on 3 levels: programming/QA/Production. That's all I can say.

# 172 bls @ 10/26/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i dont know who told yall those % means thats what they gonna shoot but everyone except me if upsesed with those numbers

in my tests they dont dictate made or missed baskets, it tells the offline cpu how to score....

18% off dribble IMO does not mean the dude will shoot 18% when he shoots from dribble moves IMO it means that when he is dribbling 18% of the time he may shoot it

test it for yourself edit these numbers then play a game 44% 3pt does not mean he is gonna shoot that from the floor, why else do you think the players has 3 pt ratings.

i dare somone to edit shaq to 75% 3 PT SUCCESS and go into a game and jack it with him and see the results
You play online??? If so play a couple games and come back and post your results. Anyone else feel free to do so as well.

# 173 Muzyk23 @ 10/26/09 06:39 PM
guys, passing has been substantially worked on - it is faster, more precise, crisper, very well animated

blocking too -yes

there are new animations added - now I'm sure - post, contest and foul/contact

CPU is more unpredictable when attacking, more relentless, playing against Lakers right now and they threw two realistic looking bounce passes for a cutting man for a layup and a dunk, don't remember seeing it before

# 174 pdawg17 @ 10/26/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
So online fatigue is broken. The fix to make it work also flipped the default for online games to OFF and nobody caught it. Flame away. It's a failure on 3 levels: programming/QA/Production. That's all I can say.
So will turning it to OFF fix it or is there no way to fix it?

# 175 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
You play online??? If so play a couple games and come back and post your results. Anyone else feel free to do so as well.

i played my share of games, the % in the game has nothing to do with it. its the slider for online play % thats maybe too high it has nothing to do with the dna ratings

maybe the overall shooting % for online games is too high but what you are asking for is an dna update, thats like someone playing on pro and asking for a dna update to make the game harder its the sliderssssssssssss

# 176 Muzyk23 @ 10/26/09 06:53 PM
stuffed dunks are reality now - after you or the cpu grab an offensive reb a dunk is no more a given with defenders on you as it was before the patch and it looks very well and realistic

# 177 23 @ 10/26/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
stuffed dunks are reality now - after you or the cpu grab an offensive reb a dunk is no more a given with defenders on you as it was before the patch and it looks very well and realistic
I saw a stuffed dunk before the patch. I recorded it too

# 178 bls @ 10/26/09 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i played my share of games, the % in the game has nothing to do with it. its the slider for online play % thats maybe too high it has nothing to do with the dna ratings

maybe the overall shooting % for online games is too high but what you are asking for is an dna update, thats like someone playing on pro and asking for a dna update to make the game harder its the sliderssssssssssss
I really don't care what it is, whatever it is they need to fix it.

# 179 SageInfinite @ 10/26/09 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Damm...

Can anyone else confirm this? How about rebounding?

I don't know why Beluba hasn't been able to fix the transition game in LIVE...he had a decent mix of full court basketball way back in Inside Drive 2004. Maybe the DNA just doesn't allow the CPU to attack in transition?

I had high hopes for this patch.

Is rebounding improved at all? Does the CPU now kick the ball out and re-set it's offense at all?
PM me what 2k sliders you're using. I want that same experience.

# 180 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Damm...

Can anyone else confirm this? How about rebounding?

I don't know why Beluba hasn't been able to fix the transition game in LIVE...he had a decent mix of full court basketball way back in Inside Drive 2004. Maybe the DNA just doesn't allow the CPU to attack in transition?

I had high hopes for this patch.

Is rebounding improved at all? Does the CPU now kick the ball out and re-set it's offense at all?
the fast break issue seems like a dna priority issue, everytime a fast break happens right i pause and go look at the dna and ratings and its starting to become a pattern....

guys who dunk and finish at the basket and have a high close shot % run the break well 6/10 times, guys who can dunk & like to run the floor but also like to spot up go to thier fav spots for the open uncontested pull up

still an issue

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.