Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

IGN has posted an interview with Connor Dougan, Lead Producer on NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
"The feeling of attending an NCAA basketball game is unlike any other, especially in March. The fans are rowdy and raucous and can totally change the outcome of a game if you're playing in one of the crazier arenas in the country. NCAA Basketball 10 has a new feature that adds life to the top 20 toughest places to play. If you let one of these home teams go on a run your attributes will take a hit, the camera will start to shake and the crowd volume will be turned up to an obscene level."

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 whittleboy615 @ 10/28/09 08:36 PM
The crowds and environment look great. I love the team specific chants and the crowd waving their arms during free throws.

The rankings are awful though. EA should never use fan-voted rankings again, especially from polls that allow you to vote more than once.

Here's the Top 15 Toughest Arenas:

1. North Carolina
2. Clemson
3. Xavier
4. Pittsburgh
5. Duke
6. Kansas
7. Louisville
8. Syracuse
9. Tennessee
10. Arkansas
11. Maryland
12. Illinois
13. UCLA
14. Florida
15. Texas

PastaPadre: UNC Named Toughest Home Court

# 2 catarsond @ 10/28/09 08:39 PM
Your fast at uploading these Whittle! Thanks again, crowds look great and lively. I wonder though, when the arena starts shaking is your controller rumbling?

# 3 FlyerFanatic08 @ 10/28/09 08:44 PM
how is xavier better than cameron indoor? they arent even the best home court in the A10!

# 4 joesto54 @ 10/28/09 08:44 PM
fan voting... bad idea

# 5 Cusefan @ 10/28/09 08:45 PM
Love to see the Carrier dome at #8, when the Dome is over 30,000 people it is absolutely incredible.

# 6 joesto54 @ 10/28/09 08:46 PM
i would take afew things into account. arena size, quality of team, history of being a tough place to play, and team's home history.

# 7 Hurricain @ 10/28/09 08:46 PM
Wow, horrible rankings...laughable really.

# 8 Rasco11 @ 10/28/09 09:17 PM
Clemson #2? Guess I should applaud their fans?!?

Wow! Hope UK, Texas, UConn, Michigan State, Washington, Gonzaga, UCLA, Wisconsin, and some of the true "toughest" places to play round out the top 20

# 9 whittleboy615 @ 10/28/09 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catarsond
Your fast at uploading these Whittle! Thanks again, crowds look great and lively. I wonder though, when the arena starts shaking is your controller rumbling?
The controller rumbled during free throws in the old PS2 versions. Hopefully that's back in NCAA 10. I don't have a Dualshock though, so I guess it really doesn't matter for me.

# 10 ty5oke @ 10/28/09 09:31 PM
I hope its not like in their football game, where the toughest stadiums never change in your dynasty from year to year. In the football game you can have Clemson lose 4 straight at home yet still be a top 20 home field advantage team.

# 11 countryboy @ 10/28/09 09:41 PM
LOL....who was the team playing Kansas? Those uniforms were God awful.

BTW....nice to see Louisville at #7.

# 12 whittleboy615 @ 10/28/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I hope its not like in their football game, where the toughest stadiums never change in your dynasty from year to year. In the football game you can have Clemson lose 4 straight at home yet still be a top 20 home field advantage team.
It sounds like they vary from year to year.

Quote:
IGN: If I select a school that's not on the top ten toughest places to play list for my dynasty, can I build them into such a powerhouse that they'll eventually make it on the list?

Connor Dougan:
You sure can - It's all about taking your school and building up that powerhouse program and a big part of that is having a great home court advantage and great home record. Do that and you'll find yourself among the top 20 Toughest Places to Play.

# 13 whittleboy615 @ 10/28/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
LOL....who was the team playing Kansas? Those uniforms were God awful.
Kansas State

# 14 YankeeCpt @ 10/29/09 12:42 AM
What a joke!
How is Rupp not in the top 10? they lead in attendance every year. i have honestly never met a more rabid fan base.... I live in syrasnooze. not sure how they made the top 10.... clemson? omg! last time i saw tenn at home, meeks was busy dropping 54 on them... maybe football, not hoops. same with arkansas.. sorry! freaking florida basketball fans are non-existent! look at the attendance please!
please someone fix this! if this is going to impact a game, please get it right!!!
horrid... just horrid.

# 15 bhl @ 10/29/09 03:34 AM
While IU may suck at bball right now due to Sampson, I still believe it is hands down top 20. Still had 3rd best attendance Big Ten Wise after going 1-17 last season. Xavier being that high. This list is a joke. Also, I agree on Kentucky...Straight BS.

# 16 yokiisthename @ 10/29/09 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catarsond
It has to be, please it has to. wa ha.

# 17 BrianFifaFan @ 10/29/09 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic08
how is xavier better than cameron indoor? they arent even the best home court in the A10!
UD Arena, baby! Man, I think they really need to add our arena. It's a big part of NCAA Tourney history. On a side note, they better have Chris Wright ranked as one of the best in the A-10. My in-laws know him. Real class kid, and shoe-in for the NBA. My parents know Javon Ringer, even better kid. Glad to see him make it. Dayton's putting some good kids out to the world. I'm proud of our city...

# 18 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/29/09 06:07 AM
Wow I'm shocked to see the Cintas Center (Xavier) at number 3. I've been to a lot of their games and maybe when they play Cincinnati it is one of the toughest to play in but it is no where close to Duke or some other teams.

# 19 tlef316 @ 10/29/09 07:24 AM
totally unimpressed by this. It has been in NCAA football for like 4 years and probably took about 20 minutes to program. Plus, they didn't even take the time to come up with the rankings themselves. They just let the fans vote.

Another day and no dynasty info.

Sure makes me think they're hiding something (or nothing, for that matter).

# 20 QCentric @ 10/29/09 09:20 AM
I must admit I am not impressed with this new info. I am impressed with EA however. They have managed to distract a lot of people from asking more questions about dynasty, but I am not ready to drink the EA Kool-Aid yet. I will just keep praying that dynasty wasnt completely neglected, but everything in me says that it has been. This lack of info is getting real old. Tired of the EA Tease

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.