Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Good stuff. The controls are awesome once you get used to 'em, after playing Live so much the last month it's been very tough trying to go back to CH2K8. You really have to be wary of passing angles in EA's games, they have to be realistic and open or you'll see a lot of interceptions - which is a good thing.

The full court game might suck pre-patch, it was bad in Live before the patch. Teams didn't push the ball all that much and there were few fastbreaks. After the Live patch the CPU is much more aggressive when trying to push the ball and look for open shots/lanes.

Can you see if off-ball control from Live is in? Press the L-trigger, then a player's icon (hold it) and then release the L-trigger. That should allow you to take control of the off-ball guy.
Yep its in. On a fast break I pressed the icon and then made him run him stop at the 3 point line, got passed the ball, and nailed the 3. It was awesome. On 2nd thought, the fastbreak game seems to be a lot better than Live. The CPU even had a fastbreak, and I think that's because they are up-tempo.

# 42 ezio @ 11/05/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
haha, if you've played Live wait til you shoot free throws. impressions?? w/ the CBS and ESPN integration+Live's gameplay, it might just surpass Live/2K for basketball game of the year. the presentation w/ the overlays is top notch, even for the demo. if you like Live, you'll like this, even better once you put some names on here haha. just play it, nails the feel of college basketball like none other man, and i'm not even a big college bball fan anyways.
Good to hear. Seeing that I am a bigger college fan and am enjoying Live it may go by the wayside if I get this

thanks for the impressions.

# 43 ehh @ 11/05/09 03:26 PM
Glad to hear the CPU fastbreaks seem good from the start. It doesn't surprise me since NCAA 09 did the tempo feature correctly and it seemed like Live 10 didn't port it properly. So NCAA 10 just had to leave it the same from NCAA 09 and it'll work.

Very nice that OBC is in there too, I use it a ton in Live.

Have you noticed any difference between individual players? Does Singler seem to be better than any other Dookie for the most part?

# 44 rockchisler @ 11/05/09 03:29 PM
very nice demo love the atmosphere.

# 45 ty5oke @ 11/05/09 03:32 PM
no sliders, but you can change the difficulty level. Presentation and atmosphere is awesome. The beginning overlays are a little quick. They showed players to watch but didn't talk about each player.

# 46 ty5oke @ 11/05/09 03:37 PM
Saw the overlay for Top 25 after a foul. You have time to read all the teams but not enough time to really pay attention to records.

Overlays I saw - top 25, Acc standings, (pts, fgm/fga) for a player at FT line

# 47 SoMiss2000 @ 11/05/09 03:43 PM
steve is ustreaming the demo

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/steve-os

# 48 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/05/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Sorry, they WERE in the NCAA '10 videos we've seen and pre-patch Live. Live's patch corrected it, so if it's still in NCAA at least we know it'll be fixed eventually.
Got it thanks ehh. I just went played at quick one. Everything looks good so far. You can def see where the Live engine and shooting came into play. The presentation really adds to the gameplay. This reminds me of Live 10 so anyone that did like it will like this if they like college ball.

# 49 ehh @ 11/05/09 03:53 PM
Just watching Steve's first demo stream it looks like the rocket dunks are not in, great to see.

# 50 warnerwlf98 @ 11/05/09 03:54 PM
Played a couple of games. You're limited to a 5 minute half. I've been playing Live 10 for awhile so I can make some comparisons.

There are a lot of camera views - broadcast, broadcast (zoom), classic, skybox, overhead, sideline, and floor. Difficulty level is also adjustable

I like the left trigger to use passing and freestyle passing with the right stick. In NCAA, it seems like they tightened up the passing controls so everything feels very responsive, and that goes for all controller inputs - very good. In Live, I think others commented that trying to pass was a little clunky sometimes, and I could see it. There is no clunkiness in the NCAA controls. In fact, the menus feel a little quicker and more responsive too. Off ball control is in, just like it's in Live. Animations seem more fluid IMO.

I'm not sure how this year's controls relate to last year's though, it is mostly like Live 10, but RB is used for alley-oop when you have the ball. Several years ago, I liked using the right stick for lockdown defense, but I'm not sure when they took it out.
In the controls, it says you can press X and B during the opposition's free throws to disrupt them and I think it makes the screen shake more, but I really can't tell. The crowd stands up and sits down during the FTs, but I don't think that's user controlled.

The special overlays, like conference standings and the polls, do seem to disappear too fast, and the announcers pay lip service to them being there, but don't really talk about them. The commentary is much better than the sparse talking that was shown in some earlier videos. Whenever someone is shooting free throws, they talk about "how many years of eligibility he has left," or something to that effect.

The screen starts shaking when there's less than a minute to go, but I think it could crowd should be going absolutely nuts, instead of just being a little louder. All in all, it's pretty fun, and I'm enjoying it more than Live.

I'll try to post a vid as soon as I can.

# 51 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/05/09 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Saw the overlay for Top 25 after a foul. You have time to read all the teams but not enough time to really pay attention to records.

Overlays I saw - top 25, Acc standings, (pts, fgm/fga) for a player at FT line
Def liking the presentation. NCAA just set a bar with the TV presentation.

# 52 ehh @ 11/05/09 04:04 PM
Good impressions warner, sounds like Live will be going to my self on Nov. 17th.

# 53 Behindshadows @ 11/05/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
wow EA..as a ps3 owner im pissed!
You should be in general, not at EA, but at every game company. 360 is plain and simple favored more in this generation. Same way PS2 was toward Xbox 1.

Tables are turned now, either way. That's why I worry about exclusives only on my PS3. All the other companies I get everything on 360.

This is why owning a single console sucks, and having both is more beneficial to you as a gamer.

On topic: Demo is great, I got a video coming soon! And will post on my Youtube later today!

# 54 TreyIM2 @ 11/05/09 04:07 PM
I just wanna thank EA for siding with MS in terms of releasing these demos (that's sarcasm, folks)Has to be money that exchanged hands because EA and 2K's demos seem like the ONLY demos that come out earlier for "Gold members" on XBL than everyone else including us PS3 owners. Funny how EA could do a TON more with their sports games (and anything else, really) in terms of extras and enhancing gameplay on the PS3 than they can on the 360 yet they are giving short term demo exclusives to the 360.

And what's worse is that this demo isn't even coming out the same time Silver XBL members are getting it , like usual - PS3ers get it the day AFTER the actual game releases. I don't know what's going on here whether it's an EA thing or Sony thing but I know I don't like it. I'll wait for the demo before putting cash on the retail version.

# 55 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 04:10 PM
Nevermind I was wrong about the player indicator in the demo. The CPU does not have player indicator. Now this doesn't mean it's not in the final product but it could be.

We need to start a patch request thread, I already have some:

-Have overlays last a little longer.
-Player Indicator on CPU
-Less Contact Animations (Disrupts fastbreaks too often)

The Rocket Dunk does not seem to be in the game from what I've seen. I reccomend just dunking with Blake Griffin on the blacktop. He can soar!

This game actually made me psyched about NCAA 11. I am hoping they will go all out on dynasty, and try and make their commentary like NBA 2K10s. Anyways NCAA 10 is looking good.

# 56 bowld @ 11/05/09 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
You should be in general, not at EA, but at every game company. 360 is plain and simple favored more in this generation. Same way PS2 was toward Xbox 1.

Tables are turned now, either way. That's why I worry about exclusives only on my PS3. All the other companies I get everything on 360.

This is why owning a single console sucks, and having both is more beneficial to you as a gamer.

On topic: Demo is great, I got a video coming soon! And will post on my Youtube later today!
lol i have a 360 but it has died 3 times and this last one isnt the RROD so its not covered by microsoft. i refuse to pay them over $100 to fix it when i have a ps3 working just fine

# 57 Behindshadows @ 11/05/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
lol i have a 360 but it has died 3 times and this last one isnt the RROD so its not covered by microsoft. i refuse to pay them over $100 to fix it when i have a ps3 working just fine
Back on topic...Loving this demo by the second! Will play more before recording so I can make the video fun with less mistakes.

Much smoother and fast paced than I thought.

And bowld, You should have bought the warranty that came in the box. RROD is cover 3 years passed your manufacturing date on the back of the console. All other warranties are in the box. Mine cost $60 for 4 years through Microsoft.

Same with my PS3 I have a 4 year on it too, as I've had 1 completely stop reading games.

# 58 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/05/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Nevermind I was wrong about the player indicator in the demo. The CPU does not have player indicator. Now this doesn't mean it's not in the final product but it could be.
What do you mean?

# 59 poster @ 11/05/09 04:34 PM
Thanks guys for the replies on the overlays. I don't want them to go away too quickly.

# 60 Bootzilla @ 11/05/09 04:37 PM
Any advice on getting the demo to download faster? I've never really had an issue but after an hour it's at 7%.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.