Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 ronyell @ 01/27/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
Still loving this game, even after patch #2!!!!!!!!
ditto that!

# 462 Altimus @ 01/27/10 01:27 PM
Wait, so you can turn chemistry off and keep roles on and the 3pt stat will be fixed?

# 463 rspencer86 @ 01/27/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Wait, so you can turn chemistry off and keep roles on and the 3pt stat will be fixed?
No, other way around.

# 464 Altimus @ 01/27/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
No, other way around.
Is there any point in leaving chemistry on with play roles off?

# 465 jeebs9 @ 01/27/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't even touch my Live anymore. Collecting dust in my 2k Locker....lol I will give it another chance when the 3rd patch comes out. Right now 2k doesn't come out of my system. I been whipping cheesers asses with low ranked teams (usually teams people don't play with)...playing smart basketball. I can beat people with so many teams now. I close my eyes and press random 3 times. And open my eyes once the tip-off (to see who I have). Thats how good this game is.
Doing that samething....I sweep through a room of my friends the other day (winner stays on). I gave up the controller after a while....lol

# 466 K_rob11 @ 01/27/10 02:37 PM
Question: Are any of you who are having problems after patch #2 using living rosters or a 2kshare roster?

Also, could someone please give a pros/cons (summary) list of downloading patch #2. I am picking up this game (for a 2nd time) on Friday. I downloaded patch #1 before I traded it in however and I am just wondering if it is worth downloading patch #2. I am strictly an offline (association mode) player and I don't know if I should or not. I have read that patch #2 has improved gameplay quite a bit.....I'd like to know how exactly. Thanks!

# 467 BroMontana82 @ 01/27/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Is there any point in leaving chemistry on with play roles off?
i would highly advise against that. i was doing that and you will notice that team chemistry for all teams is insanely high. this brings up everyones ratings a lot too. basically any combination with player roles off still results in some sort of negative result and you'll have a ton of CPU trades unless you turn off CPU trading too. i thought i would be ok with chemistry and roles off and CPU trades on but no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Question: Are any of you who are having problems after patch #2 using living rosters or a 2kshare roster?

Also, could someone please give a pros/cons (summary) list of downloading patch #2. I am picking up this game (for a 2nd time) on Friday. I downloaded patch #1 before I traded it in however and I am just wondering if it is worth downloading patch #2. I am strictly an offline (association mode) player and I don't know if I should or not. I have read that patch #2 has improved gameplay quite a bit.....I'd like to know how exactly. Thanks!
k_rob, like i said in that other thread, i think the custom rosters only maintains the free agent glitch. you've probably seen the cons out there obviously with the 3pt glitch, team chemistry being high and affecting ratings, insane CPU trades.

i would say pros are less passing out of drives, CPU assists seem to be toned down a bit, a few new contact in the paint animations and less of the one where the player chucks the ball at the hoop (still happens though), less accurate passing out of a double in the post and out of a situation where you're running one way and try to quickly pass back to the opposite direction.

# 468 ProtoPunch @ 01/27/10 11:45 PM
Joakim Noah should not be shooting 3's in My Player Mode.

# 469 eko718 @ 01/28/10 10:09 AM
Does anyone else have the issue in My Player mode where you never get subbed out? My player and the 4 guys on the court with me play literally the whole game. This is completely ruining the mode for me.

# 470 flamangatang2k5 @ 01/28/10 11:54 AM
@2k developers

I personally like this game, but the main thing i noticed that is one of the major concerns is the reckless 3pt jacking of the big man.

What happened during the patch#2 is that the big men don't seem to know they are big men. This is why all the 3pt shooting. but that's not the only problem. I play as the Chicago Bulls and after the patch I know have Joakim Noah coming off screens by Kirk Hinrich looking to shoot a long range jumper (during the freelance plays). Not just Noah either, Tyrus Thomas, and my rookie center also does this. So I traded for Javel McGee and now he's doing the same thing. And Derrick Rose and Hinrich are constantly posting up. It seems like the tendencies don't work anymore.

# 471 NINJAK2 @ 01/28/10 06:04 PM
Is anyone else noticing a lot of defensive 3 seconds violations by your cpu opponents during quick games with this patch? I have not experienced any of the other problems mentioned here but in a game against the GSWarriors they had like 5-6 of these violations!...That's the only thing I've noticed that is odd.

# 472 boldinfan18 @ 01/28/10 07:11 PM
ummm where exactly do I get the 2nd patch I put my game in the 360 but did not get any patch update message . Thanks in advance to the person who answers

# 473 kenzil @ 01/28/10 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamangatang2k5
@2k developers

I personally like this game, but the main thing i noticed that is one of the major concerns is the reckless 3pt jacking of the big man.

What happened during the patch#2 is that the big men don't seem to know they are big men. This is why all the 3pt shooting. but that's not the only problem. I play as the Chicago Bulls and after the patch I know have Joakim Noah coming off screens by Kirk Hinrich looking to shoot a long range jumper (during the freelance plays). Not just Noah either, Tyrus Thomas, and my rookie center also does this. So I traded for Javel McGee and now he's doing the same thing. And Derrick Rose and Hinrich are constantly posting up. It seems like the tendencies don't work anymore.
^^ This gave me an idea for a possible fix...If we put "run plays" to 90-100 for the A.I. in coach settings, would that stop or significantly reduce 3pt shooting by centers during gameplay?

# 474 kenzil @ 01/28/10 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
^^ This gave me an idea for a possible fix...If we put "run plays" to 90-100 for the A.I. in coach settings, would that stop or significantly reduce 3pt shooting by centers during gameplay?
never mind...Brandon Bass just shot a corner 3pter on a fast break...

# 475 aLmighty @ 01/29/10 12:39 AM
I can no longer back down and post up now. And seems like everytime I try Im staying in the same spot and when I try to go up for a hook shot or whatever the ball gets striped.

# 476 allstarr219 @ 01/29/10 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
Man i noticed that to about the second patch but i also noticed i found some sliders online then i updated my sliders then after that i noticed the big man werent shooting 3pts as much, another way to stop big man from shooting 3pts (only if you like your association mode) is if you turn off player roles but that takes out the experience for me so juss try finding some sliders of just tweek them by yourself

# 477 Fab5_4ever @ 01/29/10 08:59 AM
Where do we download the patches or are they automatically installed when we turn on the system?

# 478 Pete1210 @ 01/29/10 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab5_4ever
Where do we download the patches or are they automatically installed when we turn on the system?
Its automatic as long as your console is connected to xbox live.

# 479 Illustrator76 @ 01/29/10 09:56 AM
These hot streaks (post-patch) are getting kind of ridiculous. I am routinely having guys go off on me for 18-20 points a quarter (10 minute quarters), I mean, I don't care how hot guys get in real life, getting that many points in one quarter simply doesn't happen THAT often. This is one of the main culprits for the scoring being so through-the-roof post patch.

# 480 Pared @ 01/29/10 10:07 AM
Lower your consistency slider if you don't like the hot streaks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.