Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Knight165 @ 01/15/10 04:29 PM
Oh boy....better fill up my PM box QUICK!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 2 ocho cuatro @ 01/15/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165

Knight, I just sent you 287 questions via PM. I look forward to your response next week.

# 3 rodperezto @ 01/15/10 04:32 PM

# 4 Chef Matt @ 01/15/10 04:33 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
I got my Q&A Ready!

# 5 Speedy @ 01/15/10 04:34 PM
I'm sure Knight will be testing the CPU's lineups during franchise.

(*reminder*)

# 6 bcruise @ 01/15/10 04:37 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
HAHA, I'm one step ahead of you - I've only got room for about 30 more!

Seriously, It's an honor to be going up there to represent the community, and I'll try not to be too awestruck by everything long enough to provide some good insight. I'm also looking forward to meeting with all of the OS guys as well as the devs.

# 7 idesign2 @ 01/15/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'm sure Knight will be testing the CPU's lineups during franchise.

(*reminder*)
Yes, lineup issues are of utmost importance. Hopefully Knight will get enough hands-on time to catch any bugs that pop up.

# 8 green94 @ 01/15/10 04:58 PM
Someone create a Q and A thread but keep it structured (ie. Reserve the first few posts to keep questions in specific category)

# 9 ShowTyme15 @ 01/15/10 05:00 PM
I just have a few questions about accessories and a stadium related question.

# 10 42 @ 01/15/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
HAHA, I'm one step ahead of you - I've only got room for about 30 more!

I've got about 100+ slots available,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Seriously, It's an honor to be going up there to represent the community, and I'll try not to be too awestruck by everything long enough to provide some good insight. I'm also looking forward to meeting with all of the OS guys as well as the devs.

Yep, all kidding aside, it's a tremendous honor and I'm looking forward to this event. Can't wait to meet all you guys out there along side the SCEA Dev team.

# 11 Speedy @ 01/15/10 05:10 PM
That's a long trip for ya Brett; I guess the private jet should cut down the lag though.

# 12 PLite14 @ 01/15/10 06:24 PM
hmm very interested to know exactly what this focus test involved

# 13 marbury @ 01/15/10 07:37 PM
i'm a bit jealous...
but anyway have fun and enjoy your time with the Devs and this awesome game. and don't push any "erase the data" button

btw someone of you guys has to check out if there are baserunner gloves in the game

# 14 bukktown @ 01/15/10 07:41 PM
Awesome! I loved hearing the impressions and stories from last year. Can't wait to hear them this time around. Have fun guys! And Knight, go easy on the devs ok?

# 15 baseball88 @ 01/15/10 08:16 PM
One question

Did the Inidans home batting helmet get fixed with a red bill on it?

Thanks

# 16 Hammerhunker @ 01/15/10 08:23 PM
To our resident celebrities, I'll won't bother you, March is right around the corner.

# 17 speels @ 01/15/10 08:26 PM
I find it funny that the list of attendees is exactly the same as my list of people who I have recently began to envy a lot!!

Enjoy it guys, I can't think of anybody else who I would rather have represent OS than you guys. Except me

# 18 bp4baseball @ 01/15/10 08:30 PM
Thank you SCEA for doing this again. It goes so far in the developer consumer relationship. Thanks once again, and I'm interested about this focus test

# 19 JermaineDye05 @ 01/15/10 08:32 PM
Just out of curiousity, how does one earn the privilege of being able to test out the game?

# 20 Knight165 @ 01/15/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Just out of curiousity, how does one earn the privilege of being able to test out the game?
It starts with this...

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.