Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the Major League Baseball 2K10 rosters should be available within 48 hours.

Quote:
"MLB 2K10 Roster Update (post-MLBPA approval) on it's way within 48 hours. Jason Hewyard, et all fans, be ready!"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CALZONE JONES @ 04/14/10 08:34 PM
finally, i am dying to start my franchise

# 2 jagsfan82 @ 04/14/10 10:24 PM
any news of a patch?

# 3 rudyjuly2 @ 04/15/10 07:04 AM
The patch has been sent for approval jagsfan82. Should be out within a couple weeks.

The roster update is necessary for MLB Today. Looking forward to it.

# 4 mkharsh33 @ 04/15/10 08:48 AM
Wouldn't get too excited about the roster update...

Per Houston Brewer at the 2K forums:

RON emailed me back yesterday (4/14) with this:

fromRonnie Singh (2K Sports) <@2ksports.com>
to Houston Brewer

dateWed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM
subjectRE: List for next ONLINE UPDATE.
mailed-by2ksports.com

"We are still waiting for MLBPA approvals. I imagine there will be a smaller update shortly, but not the update you’re looking for. We just have to wait for that to happen."

# 5 jagsfan82 @ 04/15/10 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The patch has been sent for approval jagsfan82. Should be out within a couple weeks.

The roster update is necessary for MLB Today. Looking forward to it.
great news, thanks for the update

# 6 econoodle @ 04/15/10 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Im a big MLB 2k fan but it doesn't make sense it's taking so long or that it's incomplete. The Show released their roster 4/12.

dont worry it will be out by tomorrow at the latest
heyward and all.

# 7 tonybologna @ 04/15/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

to Houston Brewer

mailed-by2ksports.com

"We are still waiting for MLBPA approvals. I imagine there will be a smaller update shortly, but not the update you’re looking for. We just have to wait for that to happen."
Typical bull! We're only gonna see a small amount of players added going by that! What I expected too!

# 8 ExtremeGamer @ 04/15/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Im a big MLB 2k fan but it doesn't make sense it's taking so long or that it's incomplete. The Show released their roster 4/12.
It was released yesterday, not 4/12.

# 9 Cianfrocco @ 04/15/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I have a question that maybe ron or someone else can answer. How come there is no uniformidy in the covers of the players? Its like im at a allstar game when the players are pictured. What is the problem with getting all the players with the same hats? This has been going on for 5 years now.
The photos are based on the official MLB player portraits which are all taken at the beginning of Spring Training. They are usually not updated during the season if a player gets traded. Since the game is in the final stages of production when players are getting their pictures taken in February, they don't have enough time to update everyone, so they use last year's pictures. Granted there are some notable errors, such as Griffey in a Reds hat, even though he was on the Mariners all last season. It's always been a gripe of mine, but not something we are likely to see changed anytime soon.

# 10 econoodle @ 04/15/10 10:09 PM
some notes on the roster update as per ronnies twitter.

RT @ wookie48@Ronnie2K Dont suppose you can post some roster notes on the additions and changes could you?->That'd be huge, it's a ton!
about 1 hour ago via web
MLB 2K10 Roster Update (with rookies, et all) slated to be posted tonight.
about 3 hours ago via web

# 11 Santino @ 04/15/10 10:09 PM
From Ronnie's twitter:

"MLB 2K10 Roster Update (with rookies, et all) slated to be posted tonight."

And when asked if he could post some roster notes:

"That'd be huge, it's a ton!"

# 12 Chiefsfan881129 @ 04/15/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santino
From Ronnie's twitter:

"MLB 2K10 Roster Update (with rookies, et all) slated to be posted tonight."

And when asked if he could post some roster notes:

"That'd be huge, it's a ton!"
sweet i'll be looking for it as ! cant wait to chek this out! good night!

# 13 nyisles16 @ 04/16/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Does anyone on here have any idea if they're planning on including some of the highly touted prospects who figure to be brought up this year or in the not-so-distant future, like Starlin Castro for the Cubs or Donavan Tate for the Padres?
They have to play in one MLB game to be added to a roster set

# 14 AlrightGuy @ 04/16/10 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfrocco
The photos are based on the official MLB player portraits which are all taken at the beginning of Spring Training. They are usually not updated during the season if a player gets traded. Since the game is in the final stages of production when players are getting their pictures taken in February, they don't have enough time to update everyone, so they use last year's pictures. Granted there are some notable errors, such as Griffey in a Reds hat, even though he was on the Mariners all last season. It's always been a gripe of mine, but not something we are likely to see changed anytime soon.
I understand that many of this off-season's transactions and Free Agents will be portrayed with the hat of a previous team, but many of the photos in 2k10 are from 2007, though.

I play with the Reds a lot and am getting real tired of seeing Edinson Volquez in a Rangers hat. I don't understand how they can have updated photos of journeymen like Willy Taveras or Laynce Nix from last year, but didn't include one of Cincy's best young hurlers...

# 15 thelasthurtknee @ 04/16/10 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Guys, there's no excuse for the player portrait issue - and to me, it's a big issue. They say that the MLB supplies them with the photos but I just find that hard to believe. If that were the case, why do guys like Edinson Volquez and Ken Griffey, Jr. have portraits that are at least two years old? I believe Volquez's photo is from 2006. No joke.

MLB.com, ESPN.com and other sites have the updated player photos, but 2K does not. For a game with GREAT presentation and commentary, having old photos cheapens it. I mean really, the Mariners look like a team that was drafted via a fantasy draft. I believe of the 25 players on the roster, eight have photos in a Mariners hat.
lol, pictures really? why dont you first find out how much time it takes to put the pictures in the data base properly size them and then test them in game. then see if its worth pulling someone from something thats a little more important than a picture. this is like when my niece has to use shoes from a year old barbie outfit on her new barbie. hell half of the guys have fake faces and they are tecmo bowl quality. THIS SO INEXCUSABLE. lol.

# 16 econoodle @ 04/16/10 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
Can someone post Heyward's ratings for me after it's released?

Heyward:

Overall 84

lowest rating being contact v/s leftys: 57
highest: arm strength: 89

# 17 DonkeyJote @ 04/16/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

to Houston Brewer

mailed-by2ksports.com

Don't listen to that guy. He wants to seem important so he says he has an inside contact at 2k, and his stuff always gets in the game, etc. He posted something about the rosters not coming out at all this week, and not too long after that, I posted the twitter thing from Ron, and then he posted that email. Take anything he says with a grain or two of salt.

# 18 tonybologna @ 04/16/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Don't listen to that guy. He wants to seem important so he says he has an inside contact at 2k, and his stuff always gets in the game, etc. He posted something about the rosters not coming out at all this week, and not too long after that, I posted the twitter thing from Ron, and then he posted that email. Take anything he says with a grain or two of salt.
After skimming over the recent roster update from 2K Sports you're right! It looks like several players were actually added to the rosters. Most of the MLB rosters that I skimmed over had the missing players added with this roster update.

Granted, they can't add any of the prospects that haven't played any MLB games. The MLB level rosters looked pretty good to me but like I said it was only a skimming over. I'll get time to check it out better over the weekend.

# 19 joero2k9 @ 04/18/10 01:11 PM
could someone post the recent mlb 2k10 roster update for 360 in a .ros format please?

# 20 mkharsh33 @ 04/18/10 05:11 PM
If you can be patient until tonight (Sunday night) I'll upload it, along with the name edits (fake players) that I've fixed.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.