Home
Skate 3 News Post

Team up and throw down with SKATE 3! Players can sample the ultimate skateboarding experience with the SKATE 3 demo, available as a free download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and PlayStation®Network. The demo let’s player’s attend Skate School with Coach Frank, lay down the perfect line in the University District, try out the Object Dropper as well as take on a series of single and multiplayer challenges including Domination, Own the Lot, and the bone-crushing Hall of Meat.

As an added bonus, players can in the Film to Win SKATE 3 Demo contest by capture their most epic skate lines participate people that play the demo and most gnarly bails. Fans must upload their videos to www.facebook.com/Skate in order to be eligible to win a variety of prizes including an all-expense (flights and hotel) paid trip for three to see the Maloof Money Cup in June in New York City, along with $1000 spending cash. For more details and complete contest rules visit Skate’s Facebook page.

SKATE 3 hits retailers in North America on May 11th, 2010 and worldwide on May 14th, 2010 and is available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and “16+” by PEGI. More information can be found at http://www.skate.ea.com, become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skate, or follow us on Twitter @ Hippyjump.

Game: Skate 3Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Skate 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TreyIM2 @ 04/15/10 05:02 PM
Grabbed this off the EU PSN Store this morn - I'm not happy with the fact that EA has NOT upped the resolution and graphics after 3 iterations of this game. I look at a game like GTA IV, and the Eps of Lib City, which seemed to actually up the resolution over the original GTA IV on the PS3, which is a HUGE sandbox of a game and the level of detail STILL wows the ish out of me that they could pull all that off.

Call me a graphics whore but I think that's the VERY LEAST a game could have on consoles like the PS3/360.We are NOT back in the days of the PS1 or, even, PS2. Great graphics with good resolution should be the norm, by now. This is 3rd generation PS3 time. The console is about 4yrs old. C'mon, EA.

That being said, the game still is solid, gameplay and control wise. Gotta dig more into the demo

# 2 Blzer @ 04/15/10 10:43 PM
The one thing that's killing it is off-board controls. Now you sprint and leap with far too much exaggeration. It's just strange, and I really hoped they had corrected this.

Framerate is smooth, pedestrian commentary is hilarious! Hardcore mode looks to be the norm. I hope the real game will have custom music options for the PS3 (that is, adding your own music). Good stuff for the most part.

EDIT: Haha, and you can hassle people until they start chasing after you with tasers!

# 3 Bellsprout @ 04/16/10 05:35 AM
God I wish I had PSN access.

Still, though, I fully expect this game to get my vote for Game of the Year. It's only April, I don't care. Skate and Skate 2 are 2 of my 3 favorite games on next gen consoles. I don't expect my love affair to end with 3.

# 4 BlueNGold @ 04/16/10 05:42 PM
Tried it out and its really nice on Hardcore mode. For some reason it just feels better than Skate 1 & 2.

But I think I'll just stick with Skate 2 for now. Not enough of an improvement imo.

# 5 Mr. Franchise @ 04/16/10 05:52 PM
Are we still stuck in San Vanelona in this one?

# 6 BlueNGold @ 04/16/10 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Are we still stuck in San Vanelona in this one?
No, new city.

# 7 Blzer @ 04/16/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Tried it out and its really nice on Hardcore mode. For some reason it just feels better than Skate 1 & 2.

But I think I'll just stick with Skate 2 for now. Not enough of an improvement imo.
I think the biggest reason for me to get Skate 3 is that I didn't get Skate 2.

However for me, I have a feeling I'm going to take advantage of this game during the TRU 3-for-2 deal in October with ModNation Racers and maybe another game down the line. I just don't have the money to get all of these games now, along with getting Backbreaker and playing my MLB franchises, plus thinking of getting the GTA expansion pack.

Ahh, too many good games!

# 8 BlueNGold @ 04/16/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think the biggest reason for me to get Skate 3 is that I didn't get Skate 2.

However for me, I have a feeling I'm going to take advantage of this game during the TRU 3-for-2 deal in October with ModNation Racers and maybe another game down the line. I just don't have the money to get all of these games now, along with getting Backbreaker and playing my MLB franchises, plus thinking of getting the GTA expansion pack.

Ahh, too many good games!
I swear this is a catchphrase around here, lol. I know what you mean, I still have barely touched Assassin's Creed II, plus all the other games in my sig have been keeping me busy as well so it just wouldn't make any sense for me to pick this up.

The demo did change my mind about the game though. At first I wasn't even going to bother at all with Skate 3 but after playing the demo I think I'll give it a look later in the year when it's cheap.

# 9 LionsFanNJ @ 04/17/10 03:19 PM
Just downloaded today. I didn't play online because no one on my list will play this game, but i like the hardcore mode , i may not get as many points for crazy on/off rail tricks but i like it a lot. I don't think its a first ay purchase as money is tight, but its a definite buy at some point, and i'm sure i'll have a long play time as i did with skate2. Plus its one of the few console games my wife likes.

Didn't pull off a darkslide yet though. I'll try it a little later.

# 10 Blzer @ 04/17/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Just downloaded today. I didn't play online because no one on my list will play this game, but i like the hardcore mode , i may not get as many points for crazy on/off rail tricks but i like it a lot. I don't think its a first ay purchase as money is tight, but its a definite buy at some point, and i'm sure i'll have a long play time as i did with skate2. Plus its one of the few console games my wife likes.

Didn't pull off a darkslide yet though. I'll try it a little later.
The darkslide is legit when you do pull it off. It's sometimes a bit hard to flip out of, but it's a welcoming addition to this franchise.

# 11 Shinyhubcaps @ 04/17/10 09:23 PM
Marvel at my excellent hardcore darkslide.

Hardcore mode is essentially making it pretty hard to land on rails and extremely hard to do any flip tricks while on the rail. Most of the flips out of grinds require you to be at the extreme end of the rail.

Maybe it's just me, but this is the third straight year I can't do 360 hardflips. The trick analyzer shows the motion I'm doing, and it looks right, but I do regular hardflips most of the time.

Also, on any difficulty, I can't do any frontflips or backflips whatsoever. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch.

# 12 Whitesox @ 04/17/10 11:30 PM
Where was that? Very nice!

# 13 Blzer @ 04/17/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Also, on any difficulty, I can't do any frontflips or backflips whatsoever. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch.
I'm hoping not to be able to do many flips on Hardcore.

On a serious note, you can start flipping if you go for a Christ Air or one of those grabs.

# 14 Shinyhubcaps @ 04/17/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Where was that? Very nice!
It's in the third challenge, where they tell you to grind 6 of the curved benches. There are some bike racks, and I just moved one over by the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm hoping not to be able to do many flips on Hardcore.

On a serious note, you can start flipping if you go for a Christ Air or one of those grabs.
I couldn't even flip straight-up on Easy. I can do like McTwist flips on all difficulties, but it's just one kind.

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 04/19/10 10:03 AM
The demo is amazing, like everyone has said, the hardcore mode is amazing. When you manage to pull off the sick chain of tricks in a row and make them all, you get the feeling of accomplishment, whereas with normal you do the same tricks and the helping aids assist you in everything... Also I hate the soundtrack now lol, going to make my own once the game comes out

The only thing I find sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but in hardcore mode, does it look like sometimes when you ollie or flip or whatever you do to start a grind some magical force forces you away from the railing? It might be me, but my guy it on a good angle and course for the grind then all of a sudden he kind of "backs" away? Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

# 16 Shinyhubcaps @ 04/19/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
The only thing I find sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but in hardcore mode, does it look like sometimes when you ollie or flip or whatever you do to start a grind some magical force forces you away from the railing? It might be me, but my guy it on a good angle and course for the grind then all of a sudden he kind of "backs" away? Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
My thoughts exactly. I know a lot of people were complaining about the rails being "too magnetized" in the last couple games, but now it feels like it's magnetized the other way (repellent). The best example I have is the challenge where you grind the winged benches. If you grind the metal part, it's fine, but if you try to grind the bench part, it feels like I can never get locked on (especially with noseslides and tailslides).

# 17 Mr. Franchise @ 04/20/10 06:52 PM
Not enough improvements. Graphics got worse. Not getting my $60.

# 18 Bellsprout @ 04/20/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Not enough improvements. Graphics got worse. Not getting my $60.
A whole new city isn't enough improvement? I'm not sure what more they can do for you, then. If they cram it with stupid gimmicks just to say they added stuff, they risk becoming Tony Hawk. They're taking more of a MLB: The Show route, refining the gameplay to the point where it's flawless. That + New City = Amazingness.

# 19 SinisterAlex @ 04/21/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
My thoughts exactly. I know a lot of people were complaining about the rails being "too magnetized" in the last couple games, but now it feels like it's magnetized the other way (repellent). The best example I have is the challenge where you grind the winged benches. If you grind the metal part, it's fine, but if you try to grind the bench part, it feels like I can never get locked on (especially with noseslides and tailslides).
Or the planter challenge.... god that challenge is stupid It takes forever to get your guy to get on the edge to grind -.- Either you ollie and go over the edge, or you ollie and stop just short...

Hope they fix this, but they probably won't. That's the only complaint I have about the game.

# 20 spit_bubble @ 04/23/10 05:40 AM
The demo actually has me interested. I wasn't even planning on getting this game, but there seems to be enough to it to perhaps get it once the price goes down.

I'm liking the new animations that really improve the off board controls, as well as the bails. The darkslides are great too, as they give the game a new aesthetic.

The city, what little was shown, seems pretty lame. It feels like a skate park rather than a city. That's the one thing that could elevate this series into another realm, to have an actual city where you had to be creative, instead of having all your lines handed to you in such an obvious manner.

At this point I'm pretty much counting on the create-a-park feature to really be the thing that gets me into this game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.