Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 p_rushing @ 04/30/10 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Guys, I think the demo speed is accelerated..Check out how fast the clock is moving during the rounds, I wonder if something messed up during the demo creation...
I noticed that on the CPU fights, but didn't pay much attention during the my fights.

# 182 Sandman42 @ 04/30/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Guys, I think the demo speed is accelerated..Check out how fast the clock is moving during the rounds, I wonder if something messed up during the demo creation...
Well on last year's demo they amount of flash KOs was much higher than in the retail version, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sped things up to make it seem like more action was going on.

# 183 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 06:20 PM
guys how the hell do you sit up when your in dominant position on the ground - like when I get full mount I cant get above him like last years to reign down the bombs - let me know thanks

edit - nevermind - i was spinning to far on the stick

# 184 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 06:35 PM
Oh man...

I have a feeling that's how the clock will be in the retail...Remember that they said they've sped the game up???

# 185 XFactah416 @ 04/30/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Oh man...

I have a feeling that's how the clock will be in the retail...Remember that they said they've sped the game up???
Probably.

I honestly would prefer it was just 5 min rounds straight up and not accelerated clock..

# 186 JoeMimic @ 04/30/10 06:40 PM
I'm curious as to why they decided to give Shogun and Machida the same stance. I'm able to beat everyone on Expert with Rampage his power just always comes through. I can't do jack **** with anyone else, I feel like I get flash subbed everytime they attempt a submission and I try and they get out immediately. The rounds seem longer to me this year I don't know if that's true but that's definitely the way it feels to me. One moment that stood out to me was knocking down Shogun with Rampage and he's rocked and I must have landed 10 punches and I'm expecting the TKO which in 09 it would have been but he recovered somehow and I ended up TKOing him later in the next round. Having a lot of fun but much to re learn.

# 187 Phobia @ 04/30/10 07:27 PM
OMG I am loving 10. I am learning the sway pretty well against the cpu. Against a human u does the same moves over and over it will be dominating

Boxing is beast this year. Don't wanna stand with dominate boxers like Shad and Page

I LOVE how there is work in the clinch finally. Unlike last years.

# 188 jb12780 @ 04/30/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Machida knocked me out with a straight cross but I think only certain fighters can do it.
Its his signature karate straight. its in the move list.

# 189 LBzrule @ 04/30/10 07:43 PM
Haven't played UFC since Dreamcast. I downloaded 2010 and I'm sold. How do you pull off counters. These dudes keep knocking me on my a$$ and getting me in the submission and it's over LOL.

# 190 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 07:51 PM
Well you need to make sure you circle the right stick FAST..esp against Rua, or you'll be tapping. But, you have to time the reversal by flicking the right stick either left or right during the transition, it's tough, esp without a practice mode..

# 191 mikenoob @ 04/30/10 07:52 PM
I've been playing CPU quite a bit on expert. They have yet to attempt a submission. Machida's take down is automatic... You can take down the CPU 99% of the time. I can't use the boxers well, but I'm awesome with Machida mixing in my kicks and jabs. I tried using Rampage, but I have no idea how to slam people from the clinch or against the cage. It's still way too easy to reverse during the ground game, I can just sit there throwing strictly punches and reversing the attempt to kick me off. Can anyone tell me how to do slams from the clinch? I tried looking under transitions in whatever clinch I was, but no slams showed up.

Rashad has beat me the most times, but not too often. He would always duck a punch then throw an uppercut to knock me out.

# 192 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 08:43 PM
Damn I am hating the freaking SHINE !

# 193 Phobia @ 04/30/10 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I've been playing CPU quite a bit on expert. They have yet to attempt a submission. Machida's take down is automatic... You can take down the CPU 99% of the time. I can't use the boxers well, but I'm awesome with Machida mixing in my kicks and jabs. I tried using Rampage, but I have no idea how to slam people from the clinch or against the cage. It's still way too easy to reverse during the ground game, I can just sit there throwing strictly punches and reversing the attempt to kick me off. Can anyone tell me how to do slams from the clinch? I tried looking under transitions in whatever clinch I was, but no slams showed up.

Rashad has beat me the most times, but not too often. He would always duck a punch then throw an uppercut to knock me out.
From the clinch there is a couple different slams.

under/over = Minor +LB
Underhooks = Major + LB (I think)
underhooks with hands grasped = Major + LB

There is a couple others like against cage and stuff. The slams are different this year but i think all require the LB button. I think under/over is the only position wrestlers can slam with a toss. Which I believe is a minor transition. I have to do some more testing but I think that is what it is.

# 194 Moshood @ 04/30/10 09:02 PM
How do you stop takedowns? I'm getting taking down 100% of the time whenever they shoot for a takedown. I can't defend the takedown at all. What do you do?

# 195 Phobia @ 04/30/10 09:02 PM
Rampage uppercuts with someone pinned against the cage are BRUTAL. Easy KO in seconds. Pin someone against the cage. Gain double thai clinch and then use LB plus punch buttons for dominate uppercuts

# 196 Phobia @ 04/30/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
How do you stop takedowns? I'm getting taking down 100% of the time whenever they shoot for a takedown. I can't defend the takedown at all. What do you do?
Hold back on the right stick BEFORE the take down. You can also spin the right stick fast during the take down to prevent the take down. But holding back before is a automatic shoot prevent

# 197 jb12780 @ 04/30/10 09:05 PM
Has anyone gotten a TKO from the back mount position yet?

# 198 Phobia @ 04/30/10 09:05 PM
I knocked out Shad with a fake low kick then to a high head kick.

LT + Kick button then quickly tap RB to cancel attack (fake)

He flinched to catch the low kick

LB + Kick button, high head kick. Caught him square on the chin. out like a light.

Rogan said "Shin to chin is lights out" or something like that.

# 199 Moshood @ 04/30/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Hold back on the right stick BEFORE the take down. You can also spin the right stick fast during the take down to prevent the take down. But holding back before is a automatic shoot prevent
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

# 200 TexasBorn1 @ 04/30/10 09:16 PM
Haven't escaped a single submission on expert..once they lock it in. It's over

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.