Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick_13
Rampage just stand and trade in the middle of the cage. Lots of countering.

Now can someone take me through posturing up and dropping elbows from half guard, mount, etc? I simply cannot get it. Standing is fine, gotta work on ground and clinch.
When you are on them in a closed position you minor transition, this will get you out from their hold. Once they aren't holding you down you can hit left stick up and "posture up" and then drop some bombs. You don't have a ton of time as if your in this position and they transition out they will get out from under ya..Make sure after a couple you right stick so they don't transition up..

# 142 bignick_13 @ 04/30/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
When you are on them in a closed position you minor transition, this will get you out from their hold. Once they aren't holding you down you can hit left stick up and "posture up" and then drop some bombs. You don't have a ton of time as if your in this position and they transition out they will get out from under ya..Make sure after a couple you right stick so they don't transition up..
Got it, thanks!

# 143 cheez7 @ 04/30/10 12:57 PM
Clinch game is just like the ground game now... have to use the right stick for major/minor transitions... difference is positioning... on the ground, you want to avoid being mounted at all costs... with clinch game, it depends on who you're fighting... if it's Shogun, he's trying to work towards muay thai... if it's Rashad, he's trying to work to double-underhooks to throw you... if it's Rampage, he seems to try to work the one armed collar so he can land uppercuts... so depending on who you're fighting, you have to be cognisant of the positioning in the clinch and balance blocking transitions and making your own transitions just like you would on the ground (or at least that's what was working better for me the first night).

Best advice I can give for clinch is to pause the game and see which motions bring you to which positions so you can better avoid the strong spots certain fighters have... and if you're not comfortable working out of the clinch, once you get in an advantageous position, click the left stick in to disengage and go back to pure stand-up.

# 144 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 01:01 PM
I love throwing knees in the new MT clinch!

# 145 8and9 @ 04/30/10 01:19 PM
I CANNOT beat Rashad on Experienced. The fight starts with us both throwing kicks/punches but he he will take me down every time. Out of a clinch and standing up. Then it takes me FOREVER to get back up. I usually spend majority of the 1st round on my back, then he KO'd in the 2nd. Very frustrating.

# 146 allBthere @ 04/30/10 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez7
Clinch game is just like the ground game now... have to use the right stick for major/minor transitions... difference is positioning... on the ground, you want to avoid being mounted at all costs... with clinch game, it depends on who you're fighting... if it's Shogun, he's trying to work towards muay thai... if it's Rashad, he's trying to work to double-underhooks to throw you... if it's Rampage, he seems to try to work the one armed collar so he can land uppercuts... so depending on who you're fighting, you have to be cognisant of the positioning in the clinch and balance blocking transitions and making your own transitions just like you would on the ground (or at least that's what was working better for me the first night).

Best advice I can give for clinch is to pause the game and see which motions bring you to which positions so you can better avoid the strong spots certain fighters have... and if you're not comfortable working out of the clinch, once you get in an advantageous position, click the left stick in to disengage and go back to pure stand-up.
here's what i don't get (I'll pause like you said though)

lets say I had MT plum and the opponent transitions until he has double underhooks, then I transition maybe until I have double underhooks - at this point If I'm Rua, and I do a transition, I'm pretty sure that means I will attempt a takedown. I would like to try to transition from double underhooks to the plum though. I'm also unsure if I can transition block manually from the clinch and if the reason it seems so difficult is because I'm being transition countered from the clinch?

playing on advanced I've lit some people up, but against rampage it's useless it seems - I"m not sure if he's just transition spamming or if he's countering (clinch sweep).

I'm really getting a good hold of everything else and able to win on advanced now - I still stand behind thinking it's ridiculous that you can't 1-2 though,...if that was there and the controls were as responsive as last year it would be a legendary game.

# 147 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 01:23 PM
Got my *** kicked repeatedly last night after getting this demo... weirdly won my first fight as Shogun against Machida on Experienced but then didn't have any luck after that, mostly getting KTFO'd in Round 1 or 2 by Rampage/Evans and their quick strikes.

I didn't even know about the new posturing system, I noticed that LS seemed to do some new stuff, but didn't know that was actually the best way to posture, I was still trying to just minor transition like last year and kept giving up the advantageous position. Good to know about the feints too, I was just flicking LS and stepping out ofthe way, but Rashad especially was just murdering me with the feints and counters.

Definitely need some practice, they changed the game a lot. I'm gonna lab the **** out of this demo and hopefully will be in decent fighting shape by the time it releases so I don't get embarrassed by you dudes. I haven't played my 360 in about 4 months in any regular fashion...

# 148 DJ @ 04/30/10 01:26 PM
I like the ground game a lot compared to 09. I don't see reversals being as easy to pull off as they were last year and I also see the person on bottom being able to effectively defend himself and get a standup easier than you could in 09.

Standup felt smooth to me. Question: How do you dis-engage in a clinch? I locked Rashad in one with Rampage but couldn't figure out how to let go.

Going to lab some more later as I only played twice on beginner, but so far, really like what I see.

# 149 hogfan @ 04/30/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
here's what i don't get (I'll pause like you said though)

lets say I had MT plum and the opponent transitions until he has double underhooks, then I transition maybe until I have double underhooks - at this point If I'm Rua, and I do a transition, I'm pretty sure that means I will attempt a takedown. I would like to try to transition from double underhooks to the plum though. I'm also unsure if I can transition block manually from the clinch and if the reason it seems so difficult is because I'm being transition countered from the clinch?

playing on advanced I've lit some people up, but against rampage it's useless it seems - I"m not sure if he's just transition spamming or if he's countering (clinch sweep).

I'm really getting a good hold of everything else and able to win on advanced now - I still stand behind thinking it's ridiculous that you can't 1-2 though,...if that was there and the controls were as responsive as last year it would be a legendary game.
I know what you mean about transitioning to the plumb from the clinch. I did a couple times last night, but then couldn't after that.

# 150 jmood88 @ 04/30/10 01:34 PM
It's weird seeing everyone talk about how they changed a lot cause I played this after not playing 2009 for 6 months and it felt like the same game to me.

# 151 Moshood @ 04/30/10 01:36 PM
HOW THE ****** do you beat Machida?

I'm on advanced and I swear this MFer blocks and ducks every punch, reverses all my transitions and eventually knocks me out. What's the best tactic against him somebody please tell me?

# 152 cheez7 @ 04/30/10 01:40 PM
allbthere... are you holding in the LB button (I guess L1 if you're on PS3?) when trying to do transitions? If you have double-underhooks, I think you can transition to other clinch positions (could be wrong), but if you're holding LB and doing the motions, then your guy is going to try throws.

It also took me a while to realize LB isn't a factor on the ground and I'm trying to get out of the habit of pressing it in (maybe a BJ Penn utilitizes it for advanced BJJ moves or something but didn't see a move that utilized LB on the ground... just clinch work like muay thai swings and throws).

been a long day at work (staying up late playing the demo didn't help the cause)... can't wait to get home and give it another try.

# 153 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
HOW THE ****** do you beat Machida?

I'm on advanced and I swear this MFer blocks and ducks every punch, reverses all my transitions and eventually knocks me out. What's the best tactic against him somebody please tell me?
I only beat him on Experienced, but I hammered his legs with ranged leg kicks, got him clinched a few times and nailed him with knees to the body, and then eventually got him to the ground and kept nailing the body. In Round 4, I got him in the clinch and nailed him with a vicious knee to the ribcage that dropped him, then I just jumped on and pounded him for the TKO. That was my only win... but yeah, keeping it ranged, going for leg kicks, and then taking him down when his body/legs are beat to hell. The times I tried anything else he just murdered me, but not as bad as damn Rampage and 'Shad.

# 154 DaoudS @ 04/30/10 01:51 PM
I don't know how to feel about this game right now. I think for the demo they turned up flash KOs way way wwwayyy too high. Ground game will take some getting used to, so will the stand up game.

# 155 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 01:51 PM
Im loving that every one is getting their arse kicked

Expert got to easy in 2009 but then again, everyone got their arse kicked on expert last year's demo...

So IDK

# 156 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Im loving that every one is getting their arse kicked

Expert got to easy in 2009 but then again, everyone got their arse kicked on expert last year's demo...

So IDK
I agree - there is a learning curve here just like last year - KOs are fine you just need to learn how to defend yourself better - I hate when peopl jump to conclusions when they are learning the game - I don't want them to nerf KOs like they did last year - they are perfect IMO

# 157 DaoudS @ 04/30/10 01:57 PM
oh, how do you defend the take downs? I spin the stick to the opposite direction and always get taken down.

# 158 DaoudS @ 04/30/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
I agree - there is a learning curve here just like last year - KOs are fine you just need to learn how to defend yourself better - I hate when peopl jump to conclusions when they are learning the game - I don't want them to nerf KOs like they did last year - they are perfect IMO
I was trying my best to take a fight decision, and can't. I have gotten like 4 flash KOs with a jab - its pretty ********.

# 159 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 02:05 PM
The other thing I noticed aside from the quick flash KOs and ref standups is how quickly cuts seem to develop very early in the fight. I took down Rampage early in the first with 'Shad and hit him with an elbow that cut him right open on the first shot. I hope they tone it down a little bit, though I haven't seen any that were horrible-looking to where it stopped the fight or anything. Just kinda thought it was strange how quickly the happened, it was probably 9 out of 10 fights where there was a cut on one of us in the first round.

# 160 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I was trying my best to take a fight decision, and can't. I have gotten like 4 flash KOs with a jab - its pretty ********.
if your getting flash KOs from a jab that is a problem - I've personally yet to KO anyone with a jab or a cross for that matter

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.